Forcing people to be responsible

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
1185806_10151905876362318_565397730_n.jpg

Leave it to wallyworld to soak its customers. The don't give you the nickel credit if you bring a bag and that doesn't stop them from charging you to use theirs. IOW, they're charging their customers to advertise for them.

Obviously, this could be related to the law.

Austin Disposable Plastic Bag Ban Takes Effect | NACS Online ? News & Media Center ? News Archive
Austin Disposable Plastic Bag Ban Takes Effect
Consumers and retailers adjust to the city's ban on disposable plastic bags, which took effect last week.
March 5, 2013

AUSTIN - The disposable bag is no longer allowed in Austin, Texas. As of March 1, retailers must only provide plastic bags thicker than 4 millimeters, paper bags made with 40% recycled content or reusable cloth bags, The Dallas Morning News reports.

Home | Bring it Austin

Plastic Bag Ban Report | Archive | Texas

I don't think 4 millimeters is correct. That's about the thickness of a plastic bucket. I think the limit is probably something like 400 microns. A thousand microns is one millimeter.

I couldn't find anything about carrybag fees in Austin, but other locations were using them in an attempt to dissuade people from using disposable plastic bags.

Checked your link. Pleased to see a state like Texas acting in such a progressive manner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back