Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

Yeah, that author is about as trustworthy as the weekly world news. You need a real news source

To the racist:

Is there another news source that points to the specific accusations of discrimination the mayor came up with?

Or do you just not like uppity nggrs in positions of power?

It's not nice to use that word. Careful, you'll give yourself away.
Maybe you don't like what you see in the mirror. You're passion to crucify this man while failing to cite any specific violation leads any rational person to conclude you are bothered by a man of color ascending to a position of authority. No other explanation makes sense.

How many employees were offended?

My name is Carla, not Nancy Drew.

Mayor Kasim Reed’s spokeswoman Anne Torres said the administration didn’t know about “Who Told You That You Are Naked?” until employees came forward with complaints last week. In addition to suspending Cochran, Reed’s office has now opened an investigation to determine whether the chief’s actions violated the city policies or discriminated against employees.

Cochran has been ordered to undergo sensitivity training and has been barred from distributing copies of the book on city property after a number of firefighters said they received them in the workplace.

Reed said he was “deeply disturbed” by the sentiments Cochran expressed in his book and will “not tolerate discrimination of any kind” in his administration.

“I want to be clear that the material in Chief Cochran’s book is not representative of my personal beliefs, and is inconsistent with the administration’s work to make Atlanta a more welcoming city for all of her citizens — regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, race and religious beliefs,” Reed said in a statement on Monday.

Atlanta fire chief suspended over book controversy www.ajc.com
I'll attend your "sensitivity class" when you attend my church. Fair?

I don't care what you do. Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean you will have no consequences with employment.

Texas teacher fired after Ferguson tweets - CNN.com

This teacher learned her lesson the hard way.
So does that mean you can't prove your racist assertions and now you're sidetracking?

I don't need to prove anything.
Yes you do. Your accusation, your burden of proof. No prove it, damn you!

From the Washington Post

Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

In another section, Cochran wrote that “naked men refuse to give in, so they pursue sexual fulfillment through multiple partners, with the opposite sex, the same sex and sex outside of marriage and many other vile, vulgar and inappropriate ways which defile their body-temple and dishonor God.”

The mayor’s administration learned about the book after employees complained about it last week.

Although the mayor’s decision to suspend Cochran seems to focus on Cochran’s comments about LGBT people, along with complaints about the chief distributing materials to employees,

I wonder how long I would keep my job if I were to hand out books to employees saying all Christian Righties are going to hell? LOL!

How about nobody loses their job for their private viewpoints and the practice of their faith?

That's the "liberalism" that defined this country to begin with.

Apparently the city has policies on discrimination, and the chief should have looked into that before passing out his hate material to employees.
Who did he discriminate against? He didn't announce that he wouldn't hire gay firemen. He didn't call the mayor a faggot or tear down the rainbow flag on Alex Wan's front lawn. He wrote a book voicing an opinion and handed out a few free copies.

You folks would be fine with Karl Marx handing out signed copies of Das Kapital in the fire station but the work of a Christian? Oh No!

From the Washington Post

Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

In another section, Cochran wrote that “naked men refuse to give in, so they pursue sexual fulfillment through multiple partners, with the opposite sex, the same sex and sex outside of marriage and many other vile, vulgar and inappropriate ways which defile their body-temple and dishonor God.”

The mayor’s administration learned about the book after employees complained about it last week.

Although the mayor’s decision to suspend Cochran seems to focus on Cochran’s comments about LGBT people, along with complaints about the chief distributing materials to employees,

I wonder how long I would keep my job if I were to hand out books to employees saying all Christian Righties are going to hell? LOL!
Hell, do that and you're a shoe in for the Democrats' POTUS nomination in 2016.

Mayor Kasim Reed’s spokeswoman Anne Torres said the administration didn’t know about “Who Told You That You Are Naked?” until employees came forward with complaints last week. In addition to suspending Cochran, Reed’s office has now opened an investigation to determine whether the chief’s actions violated the city policies or discriminated against employees.

Cochran has been ordered to undergo sensitivity training and has been barred from distributing copies of the book on city property after a number of firefighters said they received them in the workplace.

Reed said he was “deeply disturbed” by the sentiments Cochran expressed in his book and will “not tolerate discrimination of any kind” in his administration.

“I want to be clear that the material in Chief Cochran’s book is not representative of my personal beliefs, and is inconsistent with the administration’s work to make Atlanta a more welcoming city for all of her citizens — regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, race and religious beliefs,” Reed said in a statement on Monday.

I don't care what you do. Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean you will have no consequences with employment.

So does that mean you can't prove your racist assertions and now you're sidetracking?

I don't need to prove anything.
Yes you do. Your accusation, your burden of proof. No prove it, damn you!

LOL.

What this is is an example of the intolerance of the homosexual community. Their way or no way. The Chief will have a hard time fighting this, unless he does it on his own. No lawyer is going to take a case where there is little money in it for them.

The Chief is screwed by the PC police.
Sounds a little like Militant Islam, doesn't it?

From the Washington Post

How about nobody loses their job for their private viewpoints and the practice of their faith?

Apparently the city has policies on discrimination, and the chief should have looked into that before passing out his hate material to employees.
Who did he discriminate against? He didn't announce that he wouldn't hire gay firemen. He didn't call the mayor a faggot or tear down the rainbow flag on Alex Wan's front lawn. He wrote a book voicing an opinion and handed out a few free copies.

You folks would be fine with Karl Marx handing out signed copies of Das Kapital in the fire station but the work of a Christian? Oh No!

Apparently they are still investigating his discriminatory remarks.

Among what city leaders said were troubling remarks in the fire chief’s book was a description of homosexuality as a “perversion” akin to bestiality and pederasty. Reed said in November that such writings were inconsistent with the city’s employment policies and opened an investigation into potential discrimination within the fire department. The findings of that investigation have not yet been released.

Reed Atlanta fire chief terminated following book controversy www.ajc.com

Best policy is to not bring religion to work

Cochran said it was not his intent to be “hurtful to anyone” when expressing his religious views in his book, which he acknowledged passing out to some members of the fire department

LGBT complained about the published book and fought to get him fired. That's how all this started.

It sounds like employees were the ones doing the complaining at the beginning.

The mayor’s office opened an investigation into Cochran’s conduct after employees shared concerns over the book’s contents, city spokeswoman Anne Torres said in November. At the time, Torres said “there are a number of passages in the book that directly conflict with the city’s nondiscrimination policies.”

Atlanta 8217 s fire chief fired following controversy over his religious book - The Washington Post

From the Washington Post

Among what city leaders said were troubling remarks in the fire chief’s book was a description of homosexuality as a “perversion” akin to bestiality and pederasty. Reed said in November that such writings were inconsistent with the city’s employment policies and opened an investigation into potential discrimination within the fire department. The findings of that investigation have not yet been released.

The Chief is entirely correct.

Homosexuality is a perversion - an abomination in the eyes of God, Man and Nature - an unclean, degenerate, filthy, twisted mindset and collection of sexual practices and lifestyles which has oftentimes manifested as the harbinger of the weakening and emasculation of formerly strong cultures and societies, when allowed openly in the light of day.

From the Washington Post

It's not a private viewpoint if he puts it in a book and hands it out to the employees, you big dummy.
How many copies of Dreams Of My Father has barack obama passed out? Do you suppose anyone in the military or any civilian employed by the federal government has had an autographed copy given him by the author? WHAT'S THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE?

From the Washington Post

Freedom of religion is not discrimination until you pass an unjust law.

From the Washington Post

He didn't harm anyone.

How do you know he didn't give it to just those who wanted it? That's the problem with people like you, assuming the worst about black people when you don't have the facts, just your racist assumptions.

Because the employees are the ones who filed the complaint. Try to keep up.

How many employees were offended?

She is a flat out racist and shouldn't be teaching kids with an attitude like that. The Chief wrote a book about religious views. His words and thoughts discriminate against no one unless and until it affects his decisions on the job.
He is not in his position to mold young minds. He is leading supposed adults.
If an adult is exposed to material he finds offensive, he is free to toss a book in a trash can, change the TV channel or walk away from a speaker.
I find myself doing that every year come State of the Union Speech time.

Our kids can't tune out or walk away from a teacher.

10525960_946445915415538_3707340798012124577_n.jpg

Forum List

Back