Atl/Sea Game Should Be Awarded To Seattle.

The NFL rules state that a practice field goal of the type performed with six seconds left is not allowed. But there is no specific remedy for just THAT.

There are two remedies which could have been imposed.

Unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game within 2 min.

Unsportsmanlike conduct recieves a 15 yard penalty.

Delay of Game is 5 yards BUT inside of 2 min remaining in a half ten seconds is run off the clock which in the Sea/Atl would have ended the game.

Yes Carroll was an idiot for calling his alleged time out. But with the whistle blown for the time out the other team, in this case Atlanta, cannot proceed to snap the ball and practice the field goal...which is exactly what they did. Cheating is unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL has the authority to protest a game where unethical actions contribute directly or indirectly to the outcome.

Carroll was a moron to call the TO. He is a bigger moron if he does not officially protest the FG practice as it directly contributed to the outcome.

It doesn't matter if they get to have the win or not. They're not ready to oppose the likes of the Ravens or the Pats, especially the Pats. Wilson isn't ready for this shit yet.

Huggy, this is a joke thread, right?

He called the time out as the play was starting. The players were just following through.

I was rooting for Seattle, but c'mon. This often happens when the coach tries to ice the kicker.

No. This is certainly NOT a joke thread. If the T/O was called as the play was started then the results of the play must stand. If it was the case that the opposing team could call T/O's during a play then most of the touchdowns by wide open recievers would have been negated by a time out as soon as the defense see's it has blown a coverage.

The TO occurred a second before the ball was snapped. The play is dead. But because it was only a second, the motion of the action continued. It's reasonable for the players to follow through on the play. This happens all the time when a coach calls a TO just before the ball is snapped. It's not a penalty.

I would like to see evidence of a single instance, in the history of the NFL, of a penalty being called because a kicker kicked the ball after a time out call. Just one. Ever.

You're being ridiculous Huggy. If you watch football, you've seen the same thing happen many times before, and never seen a flag thrown because of it.

Seattle lost an extremely close game. They showed a great deal of poise making the comeback, but Atlanta was able to just barely get by them with a couple of nice throws at the end of the game and a fairly long FG. The FG was perfectly legal, time to move on.

He called the time out as the play was starting. The players were just following through.

I was rooting for Seattle, but c'mon. This often happens when the coach tries to ice the kicker.

No. This is certainly NOT a joke thread. If the T/O was called as the play was started then the results of the play must stand. If it was the case that the opposing team could call T/O's during a play then most of the touchdowns by wide open recievers would have been negated by a time out as soon as the defense see's it has blown a coverage.

I'll bet the Packers have some CHEESE to go with your WHINE. :D:clap2:

The NFL rules state that a practice field goal of the type performed with six seconds left is not allowed. But there is no specific remedy for just THAT.

Delay of Game is 5 yards BUT inside of 2 min remaining in a half ten seconds is run off the clock which in the Sea/Atl would have ended the game.

Yes Carroll was an idiot for calling his alleged time out. But with the whistle blown for the time out the other team, in this case Atlanta, cannot proceed to snap the ball and practice the field goal...which is exactly what they did. Cheating is unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL has the authority to protest a game where unethical actions contribute directly or indirectly to the outcome.

Carroll was a moron to call the TO. He is a bigger moron if he does not officially protest the FG practice as it directly contributed to the outcome.

It doesn't matter if they get to have the win or not. They're not ready to oppose the likes of the Ravens or the Pats, especially the Pats. Wilson isn't ready for this shit yet.

The Seahawks beat the Patriots this season.

The Seahawks beat the Patriots this season.

so did arizona

maybe they'll get together and watch the super bowl on tv

I would like to see evidence of a single instance, in the history of the NFL, of a penalty being called because a kicker kicked the ball after a time out call. Just one. Ever.

You're being ridiculous Huggy. If you watch football, you've seen the same thing happen many times before, and never seen a flag thrown because of it.

Seattle lost an extremely close game. They showed a great deal of poise making the comeback, but Atlanta was able to just barely get by them with a couple of nice throws at the end of the game and a fairly long FG. The FG was perfectly legal, time to move on.

Screw it. If Carroll had any guts he would have fielded his offense when the time out expired and forced the ref to give Seattle the ball from where the kick was made. That practice kick is cheating. The easy way to bring that practice to a screeching halt is to force the refs to give the ball to the opposing team if the whistle for the T/O happens after the "practice" snap. My suggestion altho never tried is certainly more within the rules than the acceptance outside the rules of a practice kick.

Screw it. If Carroll had any guts he would have fielded his offense when the time out expired and forced the ref to give Seattle the ball from where the kick was made. That practice kick is cheating. The easy way to bring that practice to a screeching halt is to force the refs to give the ball to the opposing team if the whistle for the T/O happens after the "practice" snap. My suggestion altho never tried is certainly more within the rules than the acceptance outside the rules of a practice kick.

I support a five second rule for field goals. You want a timeout? Call it before they line up for the kick. Trying to call timeout just as the ball is about to be snapped is like Lucy pulling the ball out from Charlie Brown

Carroll is a cheater and his attempt to freeze the kicker blew up in his face. Justice served

I could agree with a timeout limit on FG attempts. Once the kicking team sets, you cannot call a TO. If you really want to make sure they don't do it, make it a 15 yard personal foul.

I wonder though, Huggy, do you consider practice throws after the whistle as bad as practice kicks? As I remember it, at the end of the half, Seattle tried to get one last play off before time expired. They failed to snap the ball before the end of the half, the whistles blew, but Wilson still threw a pass to Sidney Rice who ran into the end zone. Is that a practice throw and catch that should have been penalized? :tongue:

I'm sure Seattle would want a blown call reversed in the belief of fair play. ie Packer game.

Go fuck yourself. The punk ass refs told both coaches before the game not to do practice field goals or they would be charged with a delay of game. Then Atlanta came out and did it anyway and the pussy refs didn't call it. Atlanta cheated..brole the rules...ignored specific referrie instruction and the fucking refs did nothing about it.

Fuck Atlanta and fuck you asshole.

Did I tell ya Boise St. is one of my favorite in state teams.

If they had kept Terrell Owens, they'd have won.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I'm sure Seattle would want a blown call reversed in the belief of fair play. ie Packer game.

Go fuck yourself. The punk ass refs told both coaches before the game not to do practice field goals or they would be charged with a delay of game. Then Atlanta came out and did it anyway and the pussy refs didn't call it. Atlanta cheated..brole the rules...ignored specific referrie instruction and the fucking refs did nothing about it.

Huggy,

Your Seahawks made a valiant comeback. The comeback did not surprise me at all. In fact, Seattle is a better than Atlanta IMO.

As far as the final FG, I hardly regard that as a practice kick. It was the old freeze the kicker routine that is getting so old I believe it was part of an Abbott and Costello routine. Your focus would be better placed on the lost field goal at the end of the first half which may very well have been decisive.

Russell Wilson is one mentally tough QB. You on the other hand - not so much.

Be proud of the Seahawks and their season and bright future. Whining is so pathetic. As an alternative, root for the remaining west coast team, the 49ers.

Last edited:
Carroll should have just let the Atlanta kicker kick without calling a TO.

ICING THE KICKER NEVER GODAMN WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently most of you guys haven't been paying attention. The refs told the coaches pre game that they did not want any practice FG kicking or the team that did it would be penalized for delay of game. Either the T/O was called or it wasn't. If it was called after the first FG snap then the play should have counted as a missed FG. If the snap was after the T/O was called then Atlanta willfully ignored the ref's pre game instructions and should have been penalized.

Now why is my discussion of these facts whining? Either Atlanta followed the rules both teams were expected to play under or they didn't. If one does not play under the rules both teams are expected to follow then we call that..CHEATING.

I keep hearing that the mutual possession catch in the GB game was cheating. That is nonsense. The NFL held up the ruling on the field and the replay officials at the game were full time NFL officials.

Carroll has stated publically that the teams were warned pre game about the practice FG kicking. If he is lying the NFL must fine him for doing so. They do not take to well coaches or players defaming refs.

Cheating? Like taking an illegal substance, like a Seattle player did? Like Carroll did at USC, and then left so he wouldn't have to face any punishment?

I support a five second rule for field goals. You want a timeout? Call it before they line up for the kick. Trying to call timeout just as the ball is about to be snapped is like Lucy pulling the ball out from Charlie Brown

Carroll is a cheater and his attempt to freeze the kicker blew up in his face. Justice served

Carroll doesn't blow the whistle.

I could agree with a timeout limit on FG attempts. Once the kicking team sets, you cannot call a TO. If you really want to make sure they don't do it, make it a 15 yard personal foul.

I wonder though, Huggy, do you consider practice throws after the whistle as bad as practice kicks? As I remember it, at the end of the half, Seattle tried to get one last play off before time expired. They failed to snap the ball before the end of the half, the whistles blew, but Wilson still threw a pass to Sidney Rice who ran into the end zone. Is that a practice throw and catch that should have been penalized? :tongue:

I didn't see the last ten minutes of the first half. I was busy. It is a game.

Huggy,

Your Seahawks made a valiant comeback. The comeback did not surprise me at all. In fact, Seattle is a better than Atlanta IMO.

As far as the final FG, I hardly regard that as a practice kick. It was the old freeze the kicker routine that is getting so old I believe it was part of an Abbott and Costello routine. Your focus would be better placed on the lost field goal at the end of the first half which may very well have been decisive.

Be proud of the Seahawks and their season and bright future. Whining is so pathetic. As an alternative, root for the remaining west coast team, the 49ers.

I didn't see the last ten minutes of the first half. I was taking my lack of mental toughness out on someone in the parking lot. As it turns out my physical toughness is still in good working order.

I got back in front of the TV just after the start of the third Qtr.

Carroll should have just let the Atlanta kicker kick without calling a TO.

ICING THE KICKER NEVER GODAMN WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently most of you guys haven't been paying attention. The refs told the coaches pre game that they did not want any practice FG kicking or the team that did it would be penalized for delay of game. Either the T/O was called or it wasn't. If it was called after the first FG snap then the play should have counted as a missed FG. If the snap was after the T/O was called then Atlanta willfully ignored the ref's pre game instructions and should have been penalized.

Now why is my discussion of these facts whining? Either Atlanta followed the rules both teams were expected to play under or they didn't. If one does not play under the rules both teams are expected to follow then we call that..CHEATING.

I keep hearing that the mutual possession catch in the GB game was cheating. That is nonsense. The NFL held up the ruling on the field and the replay officials at the game were full time NFL officials.

Carroll has stated publically that the teams were warned pre game about the practice FG kicking. If he is lying the NFL must fine him for doing so. They do not take to well coaches or players defaming refs.

Cheating? Like taking an illegal substance, like a Seattle player did? Like Carroll did at USC, and then left so he wouldn't have to face any punishment?

I don't mind the taking of illegal substances as long as the quality is superior.

I was taking my lack of mental toughness out on someone in the parking lot. As it turns out my physical toughness is still in good working order.

Do you really think anyone is buying your ridiculous poseur fantasies, you pathetic old clown?

Give it a rest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1xhx3L7sQ]Me When Im Trolled - YouTube[/ame]

I was taking my lack of mental toughness out on someone in the parking lot. As it turns out my physical toughness is still in good working order.

Do you really think anyone is buying your ridiculous poseur fantasies, you pathetic old clown?

Give it a rest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1xhx3L7sQ]Me When Im Trolled - YouTube[/ame]

Still, You take an interest in my "rediculous" life. I find that odd. Are you sad that I never post replies to your posts outside of my own threads?

View attachment $crying.bmp

Huggy,

I didn't see the last ten minutes of the first half. I was taking my lack of mental toughness out on someone in the parking lot. As it turns out my physical toughness is still in good working order.

I got back in front of the TV just after the start of the third Qtr.

Good thing

If you throw a hissy fit over a field goal attempt you would have been suicidal if you saw how Seattle played the final two minutes of the first half

Forum List

Back