Athiest Playbook

What are you talking about? Lol.
Short attention span? I'm saying that modern atheism is cultish in that much like religions it has preachers, a clergy of sorts, and unfortunately modern atheism has little to do with rejection of a supreme being rather than it does a kind of signaling of "look how smart I am, I watch the Big Bang theory." It has been hijacked by juveniles who seem to forget that all we are are individuals who reject the idea of a supreme being. Atheism does not and has never had any inherent ties to science nor logic. Those are separate and distinct, and yet, modern atheism has managed to develop an almost dogmatic relationship with those entities.

It does not! Lie much? Typical Christian. Lol. :eusa_hand:
Who is a typical christian? Maybe I was years ago but I've been non-religious for a long long time now. The only lie is the one you tell yourself.

I can't respond to what you have said so I'll make a snarky comment.

Noted.

Oops. You aren't supposed to manipulate people's posts. You'd better check yourself. :) Getting angry are we?

What are you talking about? Lol.
Short attention span? I'm saying that modern atheism is cultish in that much like religions it has preachers, a clergy of sorts, and unfortunately modern atheism has little to do with rejection of a supreme being rather than it does a kind of signaling of "look how smart I am, I watch the Big Bang theory." It has been hijacked by juveniles who seem to forget that all we are are individuals who reject the idea of a supreme being. Atheism does not and has never had any inherent ties to science nor logic. Those are separate and distinct, and yet, modern atheism has managed to develop an almost dogmatic relationship with those entities.

Who is a typical christian? Maybe I was years ago but I've been non-religious for a long long time now. The only lie is the one you tell yourself.

Noted.

Snarky is dishonestly manipulating people's posts and other such things. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and figure out what your problem is? :)

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now
Thanks for admitting you are proud of your ignorance of history.
And sorry, people were a lot smarter 2,000 years ago.

Noted.

Oops. You aren't supposed to manipulate people's posts. You'd better check yourself. :) Getting angry are we?
For someone so concerned with logic and reason you sure make a lot of unfounded claims. Besides, I hardly manipulated it. It was merely a rephrasing and I challenge you to explain in what way the rephrasing was inaccurate.

Noted.

For someone so concerned with logic and reason you sure make a lot of unfounded claims. Besides, I hardly manipulated it. It was merely a rephrasing and a challenge you to explain in what way the rephrasing was inaccurate.

Such as?

Yes, you completely changed my post. You have already shown that you are a manipulative person, like most religious folks.

Noted.

For someone so concerned with logic and reason you sure make a lot of unfounded claims. Besides, I hardly manipulated it. It was merely a rephrasing and a challenge you to explain in what way the rephrasing was inaccurate.

Such as?

Yes, you completely changed my post. You have already shown that you are a manipulative person, like most religious folks.
You have, without evidence, accused me of being a Christian and of being angry. Finally, I in no way changed the ideas you expressed in that post. The change was purely aesthetic.

Noted.

Such as?

You have, without evidence, accused me of being a Christian and of being angry. Finally, I in no way changed the ideas you expressed in that post. The change was purely aesthetic.

You seem angry and you sound like a Christian. Yes, you completely changed MY post. Now, I would suggest you fix it back to what it originally said. Thanks.

Such as?

You seem angry and you sound like a Christian. Yes, you completely changed MY post. Now, I would suggest you fix it back to what it originally said. Thanks.
What does a Christian sound like? What does an angry person seem like? I'm not changing anything until you take back your slanderous and unfounded accusations.

Such as?

What does a Christian sound like? What does an angry person seem like? I'm not changing anything until you take back your slanderous and unfounded accusations.

You and you. You can claim anything you want. I don't believe you. An atheist isn't going to come on a message board and post dozens (at least) messages defending Christianity. Lol.

Such as?

Bahaha! Slanderous accusations? Are you for real? Holy shiite.

Such as?

You and you. You can claim anything you want. I don't believe you. An atheist isn't going to come on a message board and post dozens (at least) messages defending Christianity. Lol.
Well, if you were so worried about logic and reason you may have noticed that you just used a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Such as?

Well, if you were so worried about logic and reason you may have noticed that you just used a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Whatever dude. I do NOT believe you. You are a religious person. That much is obvious.

Whatever dude. I do NOT believe you. You are a religious person. That much is obvious.
Blind belief in an idea? Sounds familiar, does it not? "God is real. That much is obvious. And if you ask me to prove it, then you are angry!"

Blind belief in an idea? Sounds familiar, does it not? "God is real. That much is obvious. And if you ask me to prove it, then you are angry!"

What makes you believe that there are gods?

I have no reason to believe that there are any and a natural scientific explanation strikes me as more likely. Your accusation is still totally unfounded. My defense of another's belief (one that I do not agree with) is not proof of me holding that belief.

I have no reason to believe that there are any and a natural scientific explanation strikes me as more likely. Your accusation is still totally unfounded. My defense of another's belief (one that I do not agree with) is not proof of me holding that belief.

So, you claim that you are an agnostic/atheist, and here you are arguing FOR the man made religions? Why is that?

So, you claim that you are an agnostic/atheist, and here you are arguing FOR the man made religions? Why is that?
I prefer non-religious. I perceive atheism as having become the very thing it sought to break away from. Anyway, in the words of Voltaire, "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I prefer non-religious. I perceive atheism as having become the very thing it sought to break away from. Anyway, in the words of Voltaire, "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Atheism simply means that you have no belief in god (s). It doesn't mean anything more than that.

It becomes rather annoying when you have the Holy roller Bible crowd telling you that you are going to burn in hell and be tormented for eternity because you LACK belief and, I would think, a completely "ungodly" thing to do.

Forum List

Back