Athiest Playbook

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

Why does it matter to you what I believe? I really don't care WTF you believe as long as you don't fuck with my right to believe I am not the center of the universe.

I'm basically an agnostic.

Not likely to find out if he is real or not til he makes a Grand Entrance, or I die, and either see Him, or a void.

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
They don't just not understand, they aggressively attack those that do.

I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke

Just yesterday a nice Christian was saying all you negative angry Christians aren't true Christians. Those Christians make great points about you and your kind but they're still wrong about there being a god. As nice as they are that's still just wishful thinking.

And just yesterday also a Christian was saying Reverend Wright Christian Church the one Obama went to for 20 years is not really a Christian Church. Do you see the madness? Of course you don't because you're in it. And I'm sorry but if you want to cure someones sickness you go after the sickness you don't beat around it

I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke

I am actually a lapsed Catholic at best, and a person of little faith. However I would rather deal with a room full of evangelical Christians than a single smug self centered atheist.

I am actually a lapsed Catholic at best, and a person of little faith. However I would rather deal with a room full of evangelical Christians than a single smug self centered atheist.
Well I'd rather be in a room full of nice athiests than smug self centered theist too. And visa versa.

I agree. No one likes a self centered smug person.

Just yesterday a nice Christian was saying all you negative angry Christians aren't true Christians. Those Christians make great points about you and your kind but they're still wrong about there being a god. As nice as they are that's still just wishful thinking.

And just yesterday also a Christian was saying Reverend Wright Christian Church the one Obama went to for 20 years is not really a Christian Church. Do you see the madness? Of course you don't because you're in it. And I'm sorry but if you want to cure someones sickness you go after the sickness you don't beat around it
GREAT!!!! Then I can say FUCK all those atheists, who attack others for their beliefs, without being worried about atheists saying I am not a true Christian.

Well I'd rather be in a room full of nice athiests than smug self centered theist too. And visa versa.

From what I have found, vocal atheists are not nice, and if the ones who frequent message boards are the example of the breed, then my view is confirmed.

GREAT!!!! Then I can say FUCK all those atheists, who attack others for their beliefs, without being worried about atheists saying I am not a true Christian.
Athiests think you're just a mix bag of nuts. There is no true Christian Muslim or new. You Christians can't even get the story straight.

We might say you are a great example how religion doesn't make people better, unless you'd be a complete ass if not for your superstitious beliefs.

Athiests think you're just a mix bag of nuts. There is no true Christian Muslim or new. You Christians can't even get the story straight.

We might say you are a great example how religion doesn't make people better, unless you'd be a complete ass if not for your superstitious beliefs.
Comprehension issues over there? I thought from the post it was self-evident that I am not one whom you try to portray I am. That's the problem with atheists. They have no comfort in life as people of faith do (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists naming the major ones) They always run around ALL PISSED OFF wondering what will happen if they die, why life throws them curved balls here and there. We all have curved balls but deal with them according to our belief and find comfort. I personally do not give a fuck if some court houses have the Ten Commandments on display or not or if hey have Hammurabi's laws. It doesn't bother me a bit. It does not take my livelihood away.

Non believers spend great amount of time worrying about believers. It's like they are a little worried :rolleyes:

From what I have found, vocal atheists are not nice, and if the ones who frequent message boards are the example of the breed, then my view is confirmed.

Not nice? Translation the truth hurts. How do you nicely tell someone they are dumb worship a lie and are holding us back?

We do it here because we can't do it in the real world.

And let's compare us to the other side. An athiest will be rude on a message board. A theist will sometimes kill you for doubting their story.

Do you know what your argument basically sums up as? You don't like us calling out story as a lie. You think if we don't believe we should just shut our mouths and not say anything because probably you think it's good for people. I'm sorry we don't or at least I don't. And when you start using this lie politically you've crossed aa line

Comprehension issues over there? I thought from the post it was self-evident that I am not one whom you try to portray I am. That's the problem with atheists. They have no comfort in life as people of faith do (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists naming the major ones) They always run around ALL PISSED OFF wondering what will happen if they die, why life throws them curved balls here and there. We all have curved balls but deal with them according to our belief and find comfort. I personally do not give a fuck if some court houses have the Ten Commandments on display or not or if hey have Hammurabi's laws. It doesn't bother me a bit. It does not take my livelihood away.
We run around wondering you run around acting like you know

Why does it matter to you what I believe? I really don't care WTF you believe as long as you don't fuck with my right to believe I am not the center of the universe.

Truthfully, I don't care what someone does or doesn't believe until that person wants to make laws based on those beliefs, wants to use public money or resources to support their religious icons, or tries to shoehorn their religion into a science classroom because something being taught somehow threatens their religious understandings.

Forum List

Back