Athiest Playbook

Well, what is it that you mean then?

Is this kind of like when divorce was not allowed and now it is? God has "evolved" with the times? :D

Divorce has always been allowed. What is not allowed in Catholic/Orthodox is remarriage to another after a divorce.

And if someone chooses not to give God much thought and just be happy ?

If people choose not to eat, they go hungry; if they choose not to wear a coat on a winter day they get cold; if they choose not to have friends, they have no social life...and so on.

Sure, people can choose not to give God much thought and be as happy as that choice provides. Could have been less hungry, had more friends, warmer, happier,,,but all of that is over-rated, right?

Listen, I understand that some religions really do a job on some people. So do some parents. But as the saying goes, that doesn't mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water.

Is this kind of like when divorce was not allowed and now it is? God has "evolved" with the times? :D

Divorce has always been allowed. What is not allowed in Catholic/Orthodox is remarriage to another after a divorce.

It's crazy the way your religions interfere with other people's personal lives. Not so long ago, divorce was NOT allowed in the Catholic church. Is that not right? My mother was raised Catholic. She went to Catholic school and church and also CCD.

Why is remarriage not allowed? I have to wonder who do you people think you are? That is utterly retarded.

It's crazy the way your religions interfere with other people's personal lives. Not so long ago, divorce was NOT allowed in the Catholic church. Is that not right? My mother was raised Catholic. She went to Catholic school and church and also CCD.

Divorce was not a problem. Marrying another person after a divorce was not/is not permitted. Religion is not about interference, but about living life a certain way. This is why the early Church was known as The Way. It is not about interference but about teaching the ideal marriage.

Divorce was not a problem. Marrying another person after a divorce was not/is not permitted. Religion is not about interference, but about living life a certain way. This is why the early Church was known as The Way. It is not about interference but about teaching the ideal marriage.

It is interfering with other people's lives and their happiness.

I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding is that the Catholic Church would annul certain marriages. The word, "Divorce" was not used. Remarriage was an absolute non-no, except in the case of church sanctioned annulment. Ted Kennedy remarried, I think, but it was not recognized by the church.

I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding is that the Catholic Church would annul certain marriages. The word, "Divorce" was not used. Remarriage was an absolute non-no, except in the case of church sanctioned annulment. Ted Kennedy married, I think, but it was not recognized by the church.

Well, I just found this. Lol. Really, they seem more like a political party than a religion. Such bullshit.

Divorced Roman Catholics should be able to remarry

Divorced Roman Catholics should be able to remarry - but only if they abstain from having sex, a prominent group of cardinals said yesterday.

The ‘no sex’ rule would ensure that divorcees who get married again are properly contrite before they are allowed back into the fold of the Church, they said.

The proposal was put forward by a group of 11 senior Catholic leaders in a backlash against Pope Francis’ attempt to give divorcees a fast-track route to forgiveness by the Church.

It is likely to add to the confusion and pain felt by many divorced Catholics, who are excommunicated if they remarry without first having their original marriage annulled by the Church.

I'm not an expert on this, but my understanding is that the Catholic Church would annul certain marriages. The word, "Divorce" was not used. Remarriage was an absolute non-no, except in the case of church sanctioned annulment. Ted Kennedy married, I think, but it was not recognized by the church.

Well, I just found this. Lol. Really, they seem more like a political party than a religion. Such bullshit.

Divorced Roman Catholics should be able to remarry

Divorced Roman Catholics should be able to remarry - but only if they abstain from having sex, a prominent group of cardinals said yesterday.

The ‘no sex’ rule would ensure that divorcees who get married again are properly contrite before they are allowed back into the fold of the Church, they said.

The proposal was put forward by a group of 11 senior Catholic leaders in a backlash against Pope Francis’ attempt to give divorcees a fast-track route to forgiveness by the Church.

It is likely to add to the confusion and pain felt by many divorced Catholics, who are excommunicated if they remarry without first having their original marriage annulled by the Church.

That is flat out hilarious!

It would work for Bill Clinton. He successfully argued before congress that he did not have sexual relations with that woman, because the legal definition of it neglected to include the description of a blow job.

Another thing. What about the OT? Are those NOT the words of God? All of the sudden, a guy named Jesus appears and says, "oh no, that's not right." At some points, the OT and the NT completely contradict each other. Soooo . . . did God make a mistake that Jesus had to correct? WTH is going on with that?

I'm an agnostic but I know many atheists and many religious people.

I've never seen the 'atheist playbook'. Do they have any plays where the quarterback, running back, and wide receiver are all one person? And one of them is a ghost?

Why is remarriage not allowed? I have to wonder who do you people think you are? That is utterly retarded.

Jesus taught that God's intention for marriage was that two married for life--and what God joined, man cannot break a part. That is what one vows when one contracts a sacramental marriage. Again, it is a way of life. It's not for everyone.

Jesus taught that God's intention for marriage was that two married for life--and what God joined, man cannot break a part. That is what one vows when one contracts a sacramental marriage. Again, it is a way of life. It's not for everyone.

Those are views from THOUSANDS of years ago and due to culture and the words that were written by MEN in your book.

What eye witnesses? The 5000 that saw Jesus turn 5 fish and 3 loaves of bread into a feast? That must have been real weak soup.

ALL OF THEM sealybobo.

All 200 miracles in this century --- you doubt every single one of them because you think --- or want to believe ---everybody lies.

Sorry. You can't count Trump getting the nomination as a miracle. That was just plain stupidity. You will also have to throw out Palin getting the VP nomination, for the same reason. I will let you keep Pat Robinson's answered prayer for god to change the path of a hurricane in order to spare his broadcast tower, but it seems kind of "iffy", considering that several people died in it's new path....

Thanks, but I do not need your help in assigning what I or the Church consider miracles.
Straw men has always been the best "evidence" atheism can come up with. They never get too close to the real fire.
I don't need to walk in this church to know it's a scam, do I?

Why are they wearing matching jumpsuits? Lol.
That's probably a play and I'm assuming they are prisoners? I don't know.

Just ask Trump.

Forum List

Back