Atheist Professor Converts to Christianity.

So you are without any explanation and unable to respond with a responsible counter argument. I am not surprised. My final response. Thank you for an interesting thread, MaxGrit. I am always blessed to hear of another professor becoming a born again Believer and realizing the truth (finally). It's great news!

ID'iot creationism makes no sense.
Makes more sense than evolution, where is that missing link at anyway? Oh yeah, they can't find it.

There are many hominids linking our early ape-like ancestors to the modern Homo sapiens sapiens.

hominids evolution scholarly article - Google Scholar
I did check it out, and I can find just as many articles disavowing evolution.

However, do you have the intestinal fortitude to admit, that evolution, is a theory, and not proven fact?

I have no problem admitting that my faith, is just that, faith, not based upon anything other than theory, and the belief that 12 men would not conspire together, to be put to death and persecuted for something they knew to be a lie. (while it is true that many people have died for a lie, those that do, usually believe that lie to be the truth.)

I'm sorry, I don't think you're lying, but you can not find any scholarly articles -meaning peer-reviewed with repeatable methodologies in scientific journals- of biologists, geologists, chemists, or anyone in a field-related science disavowing evolution. Not one. Please prove me wrong.

Evolution is an observed fact. Your DNA is slightly different from your parents: that's evolution. Extrapolate that by tens of thousands of generations and your off-spring's DNA may be sufficiently different from your parents as to render that offspring unrecognizable as the same species. Viral mutation is evolution. Adaptation is evolution. The Theory of Natural Selection attempts to explain, describe, and make predictions of the fact that evolution happens.

I don't believe in theories. They require no faith. They are not fact or truth but are human attempts to align our thinking more closely to objective reality and they will never entirely succeed because objective reality can not be translated into words or math and remain unfiltered and objective. So, no, the faith is all yours.

The Apostles died for what they believed to be true. They were martyrs. Many religions have martyrs. What makes yours so special?

This notion of "peer-reviewed articles" is a total misnomer. That's like a KKKer saying that any article pertaining to KKK ideology has no validity unless and until it has been reviewed by all members of the KKK.

The fact of the matter is that there are thousands of respected, educated scientists who are also Christians who believe in the Creation account of origins.

Home The Institute for Creation Research
The Center for Scientific Creation Home of the Hydroplate Theory
Answers in Genesis
Creation Science Today - Scientific evidence for creation

The list goes on. The scientists who belong to these organizations ARE "peers."

Your roll call of fundamentalist Christian ministries represents the most notorious of the anti-science, agenda driven frauds and charlatans. The religious extremists who shill for the fundamentalist Christian ministries don't submit their work for peer review in any of the leading science journals because ID'iot creationism is not science.

Provide us with a single paper submitted to the journal Nature, for example, by the hacks at the ICR.

Your rant is typical for fundie Christians / ID'iot creationists. It's the typical promotion of the science loathing agenda that grips the hyper-religious who feel threatened by the discipline of science.

Why not accept that your creation ministries need to be held to the same standards as science in terms of working theories, experimentation, falsification and peer review?

Let's see your General Theory of Magical / Supernatural Creation in a form that can meet the standards that science is held to.

"The gawds did it" needs to be submitted for peer review. Have at it.

Did he ask his fellow biologists the questions that troubled him, or did he just up and say "oh, I don't have the evidence for this--therefore creationism must be true"

At the end(Did God create the fur ball--no a company must have!! Do anyone see the first problem with his example?)----can we use that same explanation to justify the sun as a living sentient and creative being when talking about sunlight? Try it with the rain---How does it get here? The Rain God?

P.S. I am starting to like the Casualty argument for God--the further we understand a new link, the faster we realize the cause of it isn't a sentient being.

Makes more sense than evolution, where is that missing link at anyway? Oh yeah, they can't find it.

There are many hominids linking our early ape-like ancestors to the modern Homo sapiens sapiens.

However, do you have the intestinal fortitude to admit, that evolution, is a theory, and not proven fact?

I have no problem admitting that my faith, is just that, faith, not based upon anything other than theory, and the belief that 12 men would not conspire together, to be put to death and persecuted for something they knew to be a lie. (while it is true that many people have died for a lie, those that do, usually believe that lie to be the truth.)

I'm sorry, I don't think you're lying, but you can not find any scholarly articles -meaning peer-reviewed with repeatable methodologies in scientific journals- of biologists, geologists, chemists, or anyone in a field-related science disavowing evolution. Not one. Please prove me wrong.

Evolution is an observed fact. Your DNA is slightly different from your parents: that's evolution. Extrapolate that by tens of thousands of generations and your off-spring's DNA may be sufficiently different from your parents as to render that offspring unrecognizable as the same species. Viral mutation is evolution. Adaptation is evolution. The Theory of Natural Selection attempts to explain, describe, and make predictions of the fact that evolution happens.

I don't believe in theories. They require no faith. They are not fact or truth but are human attempts to align our thinking more closely to objective reality and they will never entirely succeed because objective reality can not be translated into words or math and remain unfiltered and objective. So, no, the faith is all yours.

The Apostles died for what they believed to be true. They were martyrs. Many religions have martyrs. What makes yours so special?

This notion of "peer-reviewed articles" is a total misnomer. That's like a KKKer saying that any article pertaining to KKK ideology has no validity unless and until it has been reviewed by all members of the KKK.

The fact of the matter is that there are thousands of respected, educated scientists who are also Christians who believe in the Creation account of origins.

Answers in Genesis

Your roll call of fundamentalist Christian ministries represents the most notorious of the anti-science, agenda driven frauds and charlatans. The religious extremists who shill for the fundamentalist Christian ministries don't submit their work for peer review in any of the leading science journals because ID'iot creationism is not science.

Provide us with a single paper submitted to the journal Nature, for example, by the hacks at the ICR.

Your rant is typical for fundie Christians / ID'iot creationists. It's the typical promotion of the science loathing agenda that grips the hyper-religious who feel threatened by the discipline of science.

Why not accept that your creation ministries need to be held to the same standards as science in terms of working theories, experimentation, falsification and peer review?

Let's see your General Theory of Magical / Supernatural Creation in a form that can meet the standards that science is held to.

You're just jealous.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

Why would I be jealous of the frauds you worship at the ICR and other fundamentalist ministries?

Some Questionable Creationist Credentials

Suspicious Creationist Credentials

What's interesting is that so many of the ID'iot creationists at fundamentalist ministries have no formal training in the fields of science they self-proclaim expertise in or their "science" credentials are invented or obtained from diploma mills.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

Why would I be jealous of the frauds you worship at the ICR and other fundamentalist ministries?

What's interesting is that so many of the ID'iot creationists at fundamentalist ministries have no formal training in the fields of science they self-proclaim expertise in or their "science" credentials are invented or obtained from diploma mills.
There are a great number of scientists who believe in God, in one form or another. And one of my favorite quotes from a scientist, is 'science is not a way to disprove of God, but is the search for the truth.'

Here is one way a scientist describes how science and religion can mix.
How can a scientist believe in God

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

There are a great number of scientists who believe in God, in one form or another. And one of my favorite quotes from a scientist, is 'science is not a way to disprove of God, but is the search for the truth.'

On the other hand, if you read the "about" page on any of the more notorious christian creation ministry websites, you will find an explicit bias and statements that presume the literal interpretation of the bibles.

That's not furthering the disciplines of science and it's about as dishonest an approach to discovering the truth as I can imagine.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

You're jealous because you appear to have no soul or spirit (at least you haven't come to recognize their existence). You're jealous that others have found the joy of Christ while you live in your world of bitter darkness.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

Scientists who've come to accept Christ have discovered great things. They've improved upon great discoveries. They're accredited by the very same Universities that secular scientists have trained in. Therefore, they are legitimate peers whether you like it or not.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

You're jealous because you appear to have no soul or spirit (at least you haven't come to recognize their existence). You're jealous that others have found the joy of Christ while you live in your world of bitter darkness.

I'm just disappointed that you're an emotional basket case. I don't see the joy of jeebus you hope to convince yourself exists. Mostly, I see a lot of anger, angst, fear and a heapin' helpin' of self-loathing exhibited by the more excitable of the hyper-religious.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

On the other hand, if you read the "about" page on any of the more notorious christian creation ministry websites, you will find an explicit bias and statements that presume the literal interpretation of the bibles.

That's not furthering the disciplines of science and it's about as dishonest an approach to discovering the truth as I can imagine.
So, anyone with a differing opinion than yours is biased and dishonest.

And you didn't check out the link, if you did, you would notice, many of the scientists who believe in a divine entity, think that it's not the way most Christians, Muslims, Jews or any major religion believe it to be.

To bad you are so close minded, you might actually find more answers to your own questions, if you weren't.

UlysesS, it is a very fascinating thing to see how the professor came to his conclusions carefully - one step at a time - he first decided - there is a God - we were created by intelligent design - there is something more I need to know - then he searched further, bought a bible - read the bible - studied the bible - then encountered Jesus Christ and then became a born again Christian. I am thinking God knows how Scientists think and so he does in these cases perhaps gradually introduce them to who He is! Jesus Christ! It's an amazing journey these scientists are on once they realize that evolution doesn't "add up"..

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

I'm just disappointed that you're an emotional basket case. I don't see the joy of jeebus you hope to convince yourself exists. Mostly, I see a lot of anger, angst, fear and a heapin' helpin' of self-loathing exhibited by the more excitable of the hyper-religious.
Actually, the bolded part of your reply, is how you act on the subject.

I mean, calling millions of people, who legitimately try to help other people, frauds, and idiots, pretty well shows that you just have an irrational fear of these people, and that you are angry at them for trying to help others.

Yes, there are extremists in religion, just as there are extremists in anti-religion, and you seem to fit well into one of those categories. I would surmise that you would have no problems with all religions being outlawed today, as some others on here also would, yet, like many things, you folks never think of the repercussions of such a decision.

You're just jealous.

So, anyone with a differing opinion than yours is biased and dishonest.

And you didn't check out the link, if you did, you would notice, many of the scientists who believe in a divine entity, think that it's not the way most Christians, Muslims, Jews or any major religion believe it to be.

To bad you are so close minded, you might actually find more answers to your own questions, if you weren't.
I fully expected you would sidestep and dance around actually trying to address my comments.

Why do your fundamentalist ministries require a mission statement that presupposes a literal interpretation of biblical tales and fables and then screech about bias when they're held to the same standards of evidence and proofs that science is held to?

You're just jealous.

Actually, the bolded part of your reply, is how you act on the subject.

I mean, calling millions of people, who legitimately try to help other people, frauds, and idiots, pretty well shows that you just have an irrational fear of these people, and that you are angry at them for trying to help others.

Yes, there are extremists in religion, just as there are extremists in anti-religion, and you seem to fit well into one of those categories. I would surmise that you would have no problems with all religions being outlawed today, as some others on here also would, yet, like many things, you folks never think of the repercussions of such a decision.
They will soon enough when the Roman Vatican announces themselves the "One True Faith" - bow down or go to some Jesuit run torture camp until you are willing. The other religions / cults will most likely fall into line for all the interfaithism dialogue they've been pushing - everything is about uniting Islam, Wicca, Hindu, Catholicism, you name it under Roman leadership - with Pope playing God- but the protestants who know their bible will never become a part of that anti - Christ system. EVER. I won't.

UlysesS, it is a very fascinating thing to see how the professor came to his conclusions carefully - one step at a time - he first decided - there is a God - we were created by intelligent design - there is something more I need to know - then he searched further, bought a bible - read the bible - studied the bible - then encountered Jesus Christ and then became a born again Christian. I am thinking God knows how Scientists think and so he does in these cases perhaps gradually introduce them to who He is! Jesus Christ! It's an amazing journey these scientists are on once they realize that evolution doesn't "add up"..
Most non Christians, don't realize that, finding the Lord is a very personal experience, even as Christians, we can drag our children to church, yet, we cannot change the feelings in their hearts, that is what the Holy Spirit does, and It works on an individual basis.

When you start looking for answers, with an open mind, you can find the answer to any question, even if you don't like the answer, and there have been plenty that I didn't like.

Answers in Genesis

You're just jealous.

Wow ... angry and lost much? Enjoy your night. I'm going to enjoy mine. May the Holy Spirit visit you and shed some light in your dark, dank world.

Forum List

Back