atheist and christmas

In my family and most others - Christmas is a celebration of Jesus's birthday. That is why it is called "Christmas". "How" it is celebrated varies from family to family and culture to culture.

If atheists want to put up a tree and buy their kids a bunch of shit they don't need, then by all means do so. But call it "shitfest".

Is that such a difficult concept to understand?

How very Christian of you. :thup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Just what I expected. Very Christian.

In my family and most others - Christmas is a celebration of Jesus's birthday. That is why it is called "Christmas". "How" it is celebrated varies from family to family and culture to culture.

If atheists want to put up a tree and buy their kids a bunch of shit they don't need, then by all means do so. But call it "shitfest".

I actually got shit for christmas one year. Literally.
My brother-in-law gave me some petrified muskrat shit, it was hilarious.

suffer the little children to come unto Me.

Unless you want to put up your own pagan symbols and celebrate Christmas with hot toddies and Andy Williams on the stereo.

I actually got shit for christmas one year. Literally.
My brother-in-law gave me some petrified muskrat shit, it was hilarious.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

what do they tell their children of santa claus and why they're celebrating christmas.

do you know any atheists that celebrate christmas...christmas started off as a pagan holiday that was co-opted by the religious crowd....neither santa or christmas trees or the concept of giving gifts is of christian origin....

so your saying they don't exchange gifts or buy their children presents.

read my post three times....don't see that in there...

(do you know any atheists that celebrate christmas)...christmas started off as a pagan holiday that was co-opted by the religious crowd....neither santa or christmas trees or the concept of giving gifts is of christian origin....

so your saying they don't exchange gifts or buy their children presents.

read my post three times....don't see that in there...

you said they didn't celebrate christmas

Something tells me the Christians didn't steal the name. Just a hunch.

Why don't the atheists just invent a commercialized gift giving day in March or something? Paganfest?

like easter....originally a fertility festival....

Hey chanel,

The fact that you equate atheism with paganism betrays your fundamental and profound ignorance of the topic under discussion.

Enjoy knowing that. :thup:

Don't you be worryin about my profound ignerns mani. Manu was the one who said the origin of the holiday was pagan.

Sorry if you don't care for my attempt at humor. Try the ignore button.

no i said santa and christmas trees and gift giving were not of christian origin....and were of pagan origin....the christians coopted them and named it...

How very Christian of you. :thup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Just what I expected. Very Christian.

how christian off you to judge others...........:eusa_whistle:

Why don't the atheists just invent a commercialized gift giving day in March or something? Paganfest?

No, they just changed it to lie and try to con others into their religion. ;)

My personal take on this type of thing, with my children when I have them (will probably have a wife that hates me for it):

1) I won't tell my kids santa is real, I dont want to lie to them
2) Same with easter bunny
3) Same with tooth fairy.

I dont want my kids to learn about deception and lies from me or my wife.

ha ha ha you very funny, you make me laugh, i keep you around, you funny

if i recall...a roman emperor blended components of various "religions" when he became christian ... and made them law....

Forum List

Back