Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

I am not saying they are the same. They are no where close being the same. But something being retared doesnt qualify you to ignore it, regret it, claim to be any less retarded when it comes to being retarded.

Just be real. Yes, I am an atheist. I have my beliefs that I call facts, because, I spent more time on them to understand.

Just say this, rather than to be a smug about it. Thats all I am saying. Because at the end, nothing is FACT when it comes to our perception of the world, no matter how educated it is....

I have never, not once, said that religion is retarded. I considered myself a Christian until I was 40. The truth is, I miss the comfort I felt from religion. There are times that I'm jealous of people that have strong faith, that there will be an afterlife filled with happiness. The fact that I'm not going to spend eternity with friends and family is sad, indeed.

But I can't force myself to believe. I simply outgrew religion, the same way that I outgrew the notion that I would someday marry a prince.

If you are sincere in your faith and try to do what's right, I say more power to you!

Of course not. It is man made. Invented and constructed by man as opposed to occurring naturally. Iron ore is natural. Knives are not.

What is the intrinsic difference between a beaver dam and a dam made by man? What makes one natural, and the other unnatural? Defining natural in such a way that you exclude the works of human beings is, at best, simplistic.
Beavers build dams instinctively. Men learned to build dams from seeing the results of what beavers did naturally (by instinct). Concrete dams do not exist in nature. They are man made after a learning process.

]Wrong. That is their natural way of protecting and raising their young.

And a house is man's natural way of doing the exact same thing.
Huts and houses did not occur until man learned to build them. The first humans had no houses. Many lived in caves. Many learned that getting under a tree of a pile of leaves gave them some shelter. Man's building of homes was a learned practice, not a natural instinct.

Just want to point something out. People like Boss brag that 95% of us believe in god. So what? If it weren't for the 5% of humans who invented huts, the rest of us would still be living in caves or under trees.

I bet it was the 5% that came up with god to manipulate the 95%. How else did King Tut get his slaves to build the pyramids. He lied and told them he was a god.

Would you know how to make a tv or gas engine? How about a dam? Would you know how to build a dam? Most people would not.

Hell, most people can't make fire, wouldn't know how to make rope, don't know what is edible, would not know how to find or make steel products.

Get where I'm going with this? We brad about man's accoplishments but really if everything went away tomorrow, how many of us would know how to re invent anything?
Those that watch HOW IT'S MADE on the Science Channel?

Now that's some serious indoctrination going on. I only have the strength to address your post in small doses.

First, to answer your first two questions...

1. No, I have never seen Bigfoot

2. If I were to see Bigfoot, yes, I would believe in Bigfoot, but only if I knew for certain that my mind was in tact. For example, If I had been drinking wine, I would question my sobriety. If I dropped a hit of acid, I would probably blame it on the acid. See what I'm saying?

I think both of us know I'm never going to actually see Bigfoot, and just because others say it's so, doesn't make it so.

Now your next question and statement is totally mind boggling to me. It appears that you base your religious beliefs on mob mentality.

3. Yes, I've seen religious people, and yes, I do believe religious people do exist.

That doesn't automatically mean that I have to believe in their religion.

There are over one billion people in this world who believe in Allah. Does that make you a Muslim? Does that mean they are correct, just because they are out there, with billions of examples?

I didn't say "in their religion", I said "in religion".

If religious people do exist, guess what also exists alongside; "religion". Because these people have one! Maybe you do not, but statistically, you most likely have one, in a different shape, like atheism...

This just in: Atheism is not a religion. Breaking news. :lol:
Buddhists and Jainists and Taoists are all atheists; yet they are all different religions. And that's three religions --- not four.

Speaking as a Buddhist, you have that one wrong. I'm not a Jainist or Taoist so I don't feel I should speak for them. But aren't you just arguing that you can not believe in gods and still be in a religion?

Speaking as a Taoist/Jainist, no I have that one right.
Poorly constructed but yes I am saying you can not-believe in gods (i.e. not subscribe to theism) and still be in a religion.

Just as you can not-believe (not subscribe to) the concept of reincarnation and still be in a religion. Which does not make not-subscribing to reincarnation a "religion".

Same thing.

You have it wrong for Buddhism. It is not Atheistic.

Really....
It's a tangent but do you want to name the Buddhist "god(s)"?
I'm not a Buddhist, I only know what I read and observe from Buddhist friends and roommates. None of which indicates theism...

I am saying pretty much the same thing. What you believe really doesn't matter. What matters is how you believe and how you act. Religion is an action.

I'd have to say exercising a religion is an action, but the religion itself is a philosophy. A philosophy doesn't do anything; it just sits there until it's needed for a thought process.

Neither of which, to return to the topic, qualifies atheism as a "religion". It has no philosophy and cannot be "exercised". Any more than non-belief in the Easter Bunny can be "exercised"

Most of what I write here is my opinion, Mr. Asshole! Given a loaded paint brush, an elephant can produce "modern art".

Your opinions are not based on reality, which probably explains why you think elephants are artists.
Of course they are. They may be incorrect, but they are certainly based on the reality I've been exposed to.

Your replies seem to be based on knee jerk reactions made before you analyze exactly what I say. Accidental art created by an elephant can easily be confused with modern art created by a real human artist.

Before you come back with some jerk off reply, know that this has already happened in the not too distant past.

Where to Buy Original Art Painted by Animals
This ^^^^^ is not my opinion...it's factual!
...and be sure to read about the elephants.

Last edited:
I'm not Catholic, although I did hang out with a group of Catholics in high school. (boy, they really knew how to party...wowza!)

I've attended a Catholic Church one time throughout my lifetime, so my knowledge of the Catholic religion is limited. I do know that Mary being a virgin is serious business to Catholics.

I just like the new Pope because of his liberal views.

I was raised in a Church of Christ....the one without the piano.

I dunno... a church without a piano, that's ... that's apianoism. Doesn't sound good.

Posted from my piano

Aha ha ha ha ha!

I was raised with some really bad singing. I think that's why I hate karaoke. LOL!

And it was all due to one verse in the Bible, about making a joyful noise unto the Lord. It wasn't joyful, it was painful.

Last edited:
I love watching the lying preacher on tv lying to fools in America. Its like being at the enemies meeting. I get to listen in and see the foolishness without having to get up and drive in and sit in on one of those services. What a riot.

If they don't want me watching, take it off free tv. LOL.

Anyways, if Christianity was real, they wouldn't have con artists and nuts like Billy Graham as their spokespeople.

And you misunderstood me. I said I don't believe in any god. Boss believes in generic god. He isn't a Christian or Muslim or Jew but he still believes in god. He believes because humans have always believed that that is proof a god must exist. Plus spiritual energy and all that. He uses all these reasons why he believes, even though he admits that all the organized religions are fos.

I don't hardly ever argue with people who are christians, especially the ones who believe that Noah built a boat and 2 of every animal came from all over the world.

And most so called "christians" that I talk to say they understand those are all just stories to teach right from wrong.

What they don't put together in their little brainwashed brains is that if noah, adam and moses are all stories, so too is the Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, 10 loaves into 1000, virgin mother, rising from the dead.

One day they will realize even the Jesus stories are all lies. So is the entire concept of god.

Do I believe in something greater than self? I sure do. It's called our society. We the People. Our constitution. Science and the Universe.

Are you saying that anything that any con artist uses to make money is fake?

I guess that means you believe in lots of things that aren't real.

What makes your story any more believable than the con artist christian?

I love watching the lying preacher on tv lying to fools in America. Its like being at the enemies meeting. I get to listen in and see the foolishness without having to get up and drive in and sit in on one of those services. What a riot.

If they don't want me watching, take it off free tv. LOL.

Anyways, if Christianity was real, they wouldn't have con artists and nuts like Billy Graham as their spokespeople.

And you misunderstood me. I said I don't believe in any god. Boss believes in generic god. He isn't a Christian or Muslim or Jew but he still believes in god. He believes because humans have always believed that that is proof a god must exist. Plus spiritual energy and all that. He uses all these reasons why he believes, even though he admits that all the organized religions are fos.

I don't hardly ever argue with people who are christians, especially the ones who believe that Noah built a boat and 2 of every animal came from all over the world.

And most so called "christians" that I talk to say they understand those are all just stories to teach right from wrong.

What they don't put together in their little brainwashed brains is that if noah, adam and moses are all stories, so too is the Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, 10 loaves into 1000, virgin mother, rising from the dead.

One day they will realize even the Jesus stories are all lies. So is the entire concept of god.

Do I believe in something greater than self? I sure do. It's called our society. We the People. Our constitution. Science and the Universe.

Are you saying that anything that any con artist uses to make money is fake?

I guess that means you believe in lots of things that aren't real.

I'm saying religions are used to lie to people.

George Bush God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq World news The Guardian

I didn't say "in their religion", I said "in religion".

If religious people do exist, guess what also exists alongside; "religion". Because these people have one! Maybe you do not, but statistically, you most likely have one, in a different shape, like atheism...

This just in: Atheism is not a religion. Breaking news. :lol:
Buddhists and Jainists and Taoists are all atheists; yet they are all different religions. And that's three religions --- not four.

Speaking as a Buddhist, you have that one wrong. I'm not a Jainist or Taoist so I don't feel I should speak for them. But aren't you just arguing that you can not believe in gods and still be in a religion?

Speaking as a Taoist/Jainist, no I have that one right.
Poorly constructed but yes I am saying you can not-believe in gods (i.e. not subscribe to theism) and still be in a religion.

Just as you can not-believe (not subscribe to) the concept of reincarnation and still be in a religion. Which does not make not-subscribing to reincarnation a "religion".

Same thing.

You have it wrong for Buddhism. It is not Atheistic.

Really....
It's a tangent but do you want to name the Buddhist "god(s)"?
I'm not a Buddhist, I only know what I read and observe from Buddhist friends and roommates. None of which indicates theism...

I am saying pretty much the same thing. What you believe really doesn't matter. What matters is how you believe and how you act. Religion is an action.

I'd have to say exercising a religion is an action, but the religion itself is a philosophy. A philosophy doesn't do anything; it just sits there until it's needed for a thought process.

Neither of which, to return to the topic, qualifies atheism as a "religion". It has no philosophy and cannot be "exercised". Any more than non-belief in the Easter Bunny can be "exercised"

What makes you think gods need names? But the answer is dependent upon who you are dealing with.

If you go to Thailand, where I did my stint in a monastery, you will notice that the cab drivers tend to sit kind of sideways, pushed up against the door. This is because it is believed Buddha is sitting beside them and protecting them. They don't want to crowd him. In addition, it is Buddhist theology that existence is on many levels. Buddha himself is said to have begun as an oxen in Hell. Hell not being a place of punishment but simply another plane of existence to be experienced. The gods are but one of the planes of existence and it is quite possible to be reborn as a god.

Buddhism does not consider gods to be of any particular importance. The philosophy is about self and eschews external assistance. But it does not deny or reject gods. One can follow the philosophy of Buddhism and be and Atheist, but it is not an Atheistic religion.

Religion is not a philosophy any more than politics is a philosophy. Philosophy plays a role, but it is primarily a human endeavor and is all about action.

Just want to point something out. People like Boss brag that 95% of us believe in god. So what? If it weren't for the 5% of humans who invented huts, the rest of us would still be living in caves or under trees.

I bet it was the 5% that came up with god to manipulate the 95%. How else did King Tut get his slaves to build the pyramids. He lied and told them he was a god.

Would you know how to make a tv or gas engine? How about a dam? Would you know how to build a dam? Most people would not.

Hell, most people can't make fire, wouldn't know how to make rope, don't know what is edible, would not know how to find or make steel products.

Get where I'm going with this? We brad about man's accoplishments but really if everything went away tomorrow, how many of us would know how to re invent anything?

Another display of the idiotic rambling that only atheists have the ability to think, and he demonstrates this by the inability to put up a coherent argument against anything.

Why do good/real Christians put up with it?

Because they don't believe in killing people for apostasy? Perhaps you prefer Muslims that don't put up with anyone who disagrees with them. If so, feel free to move to any part of the world dominated by ISIL.

Your personal experience in dam building came after you knew what dams were and how they worked. You did not discover dams on your own. I built one in a sandbox once myself. That doesn't mean that I discovered dams.

Who knows where the Chinese learned the effects of damming a stream of water? It certainly is not an instinctive human trait....else we'd each have a dam somewhere.

The only non-beaver dams that I know of that occurred in nature were the glacial ice dams that occasionally broke and caused the erosion of the scablands in Washington state.

Dayam, I was really smart when I was 3 years old.

Seriously dude, if you want to butter someone up I suggest you target someone that will fall for it.

Atheism doesn't have a philosophy? Since when?

Of course they are. They may be incorrect, but they are certainly based on the reality I've been exposed to.

Can you explain what reality exists anywhere where humans do not have instincts?

Didn't think so, which means you have not been exposed to reality if you think your opinions are based on it.

Your replies seem to be based on knee jerk reactions made before you analyze exactly what I say. Accidental art created by an elephant can easily be confused with modern art created by a real human artist.

They seem that way to you because that is how you think. In the real world, my replies are based on absolute astonishment that anyone could type the words you do without laughing out loud at how ridiculous they are.

For example, you "reality based opinion" that men learned to build dams after watching beavers. The major problem with that statement is that there are dams throughout the know world, even in places where people never saw a beaver. You never bothered to explain how people who lived in areas beavers do not exist managed to build those dams. Come to think of it, it doesn't even explain how man developed irrigation systems. Do you think they learned by watching aliens build one?

Before you come back with some jerk off reply, know that this has already happened in the not too distant past.

People treated you like a jerk? Really?

I can't imagine why. Could it be that you assume you know everything because you form uniformed opinions based on delusions, and then try to pass them off as authoritative?

Where to Buy Original Art Painted by Animals
This ^^^^^ is not my opinion...it's factual!
...and be sure to read about the elephants.

Just because you can find charlatans that pass random markings made by animals off as art does not mean it is really art.

Don't worry though, I am sure you fooled someone.

Why do good/real Christians put up with it?

Because they don't believe in killing people for apostasy? Perhaps you prefer Muslims that don't put up with anyone who disagrees with them. If so, feel free to move to any part of the world dominated by ISIL.

Don't Christians want to turn America into the Christian version of ISIS?

I love it that our founding fathers were smart enough to keep religion away from government.

Oh, and I think I'm a Buddhist after reading this: "Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., Miracles occured) Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable.

Atheism doesn't have a philosophy? Since when?

What is our phylosophy?

So is everything else in the world, do you have an actual point or are you just exhibiting your bigotry?

Did Bush really talk to god or is he delusional?

This is also a great example of how believing in god isn't always necessarily a good thing. Look at what god told bush to do. Now look where we're at. Fucking idiots.

Don't Christians want to turn America into the Christian version of ISIS?

I don't know, lets see what the famous atheist Bill Maher thinks about that.

Damn, I guess that makes you an idiot.

Why am I not surprised?

I love it that our founding fathers were smart enough to keep religion away from government.

Why are you working so hard to undue their work then?

Oh, and I think I'm a Buddhist after reading this: "Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., Miracles occured) Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable.

Your basic problem is you think you think.

Anyone that converts to a religion based on hearsay, like you just said you do, is an idiot.

Did Bush really talk to god or is he delusional?

This is also a great example of how believing in god isn't always necessarily a good thing. Look at what god told bush to do. Now look where we're at. Fucking idiots.

Now when I talk to god you know he understands, says stick by me I'll be your guiding hand.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to...

Oh well.

What is our phylosophy?

Do you have a mouse in your pocket, or are you listening to the voices in your head again?

Your personal philosophy appears to be that you are an idiot that refuses to admit that anyone might know more than he does. That in no way applies to every atheist in the world, despite your personal delusions otherwise.

Forum List

Back