Atheism is a Fringe Kook Theory Cult

Conspiracy Theory Poll Results - Public Policy Polling
I am am Atheist. You are brainwashed.beyond all belief. The tragic thing is that is peobably the way you like to be. It's such a dirty rotten shame. If you are ever willing to consider burning your religious "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. First, there is a documentary that you need to watch. I don't know the price of it. But it would be worth every penny. It's called "Religious." For an even greater example of how sick, filthy and evil the bible is, you need to go into your browser and enter, "our holy hell: the causes, the solutiions." If nothing else, that should wake you up.

25% of Brits think the lunar landings were a hoax, though only 6 to 7%% of Americans do.
Could moon landings have been faked? Some still think so - CNN.com

But LESS THAN 3% of Americans are atheist!
5 facts about atheists | Pew Research Center

That is right, more people believe that Elvis is still alive, that the world is ruled by lizard people, that Big Foot stalks our Rocky Mountains and that the US government caused 9-11 than believe that there is no God.

Atheists are simply kook-burgers like the 9-11 Truthers or the lunar landing denialists.

You present them with evidence like the Big Bang and you get things like 'Oh, I don't believe in the Big Bang.' You tell them how the infinite regression fallacy demonstrates that time had to have a starting point and they duh into silence. Show them alternative explanations that present Christianity in a better light than the Zinn bullshit people are fed these days and they simply repeat the propaganda and insist that it is all true no matter how Christians try to 'spin it'. Lol, now these morons cant distinguish between Russell and quackery or tell a good argument from a pile of nonsense.

Why do we theists give them the time of day?

They really cant be taken seriously any more. The Bertrand Russells are long gone, just the jack asses remain among atheism today; why bother?

Whatever grampa. You don't see the writing on the wall here?

Americans ages 18 to 29 are considerably less religious than older Americans. Fewer young adults belong to any particular faith than older people do today. They also are less likely to be affiliated than their parents’ and grandparents’ generations were when they were young. Fully one-in-four members of the Millennial generation are unaffiliated with any particular faith. Indeed, Millennials are significantly more unaffiliated than members of Generation X were at a comparable point in their life cycle (20% in the late 1990s) and twice as unaffiliated as Baby Boomers were as young adults (13% in the late 1970s). Young adults also attend religious services less often than older Americans today. And compared with their elders today, fewer young people say that religion is very important in their lives.

Maybe you live in the bible belt. Because consider that here up north in the big city there are a lot more atheists than there will be down in the deep dirty hick red neck bible belt south where people are poor and stupid.

Yesterday I asked a friend if he believed in god. He said yes. After maybe 2 or 3 questions he cracked a smile and said no he doesn't believe or "hasn't given it much thought"

So just consider that a lot of the people who say they do believe are just giving a knee jerk response. What exactly do they believe? They don't even really know. Or maybe they were told as kids if they don't believe they will go to hell so of course they are brainwashed to say yes without even questioning.

He told me he told his religious sister that he had his doubt and she had a stern hard long talk with him. LOL. Do you think she's thinking objectively when she believes not believing will send her and/or her brother to HELL? LOL. Dumb as lady. Poor thing.

Ahh.... the beliefs of the young. You did know the hard nosed, bible thumping, old fogeys you so love today were the hippies of the 60's, don't you. Every generation says they are the ones who will change things, and then become their parents. I'd say talk to me in 40 years, but luckily I will be long dead by then. I won't have to see the incredible mess you all will be making of things. Seeing the mess my generation made was quite enough for one lifetime. But by all means, you enjoy the show.

That's my point. This belief in Jesus hasn't made this a good society. Maybe a scientific society that isn't fooled by wedge issues like god gays and guns will do better with the environment and figuring out fair wages and affordable healthcare.

Right now our society is filled with greedy ignorant selfish people. These are all christians. Well most of them. You know the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? Well we're broke. We need fixing. And believing in god makes people stupid sheep. Just look at all the arabs in the muslim praying to allah 5 times a day.

Your comment doesn't inspire me with confidence on this "maybe".

If you're a "christian", then take your beliefs and enjoy them. Stop trying to persuade everyone you're way is the only way.

Its not.
no one is keeping you from digging your own path.....we just think its kinda silly when there's a free and easy one already made.....and there's no guarantee you're digging in the right direction......
You're like an annoying used car salesman, only you're selling fear and superstition. When did this thread become a vehicle for fundies to proselytize?
the only thing I have proselytized is that you should learn something about science.....
I've given you references to supportable, verifiable scientific principles that only fundie zealots can ignore, but not challenge.
I had no reason to challenge the principles.....that's why I only challenged your understanding of them....
You didn't challenge anything. You recoiled in shocked surprise when your false assumptions, bad analogies and religious dogma were met with verifiable scientific principles.

lol....
Your pointless, ineffectual attempts and fails at offering a coherent comment is why you should avoid threads where you're unable to participate.

You really typify why faith, (the science-hating, literalist view embracing, “gawds did it” screaming), kind of faith is nothing more or less than an excuse to assert belief in something without having to go through the tiresome effort of supporting what you claim to believe. There's absolutely no need for faith. It doesn't offer you any knowledge -- we already have a word for what offers you knowledge, and that's reason. Faith doesn't "explain" anything -- it doesn't describe any details about anything that gives you more information before you employed faith than you did after you employed it, and in fact, faith stops you from pursuing evidence of reality since you have already concluded to believe in something without there being any standards of support necessary.

I can't help but believe that the same way slave masters used religion to control their slaves, the rich use it today to control the masses.

What are the wedge issues the rich use to divide us? God, gays, guns and racism.

And just like I don't trust the CEO of Shell Oil, I don't trust the heads of the Catholic or any other church. Not the Mormons, Jews, Muslims. Yes some of them may actually believe but look at how the PTL swindled money from people back in the 80's. Look at those slick black ministers who are just con artists. Look at Tom Cruz' religion scientology. Any question that's a scam?
judging by who's in office, its obvious the way to control the masses isn't religion.....its offering them all sorts of free stuff......

What free stuff? Is that why the majority of jews, muslims, women, gays, blacks, military & young voted for Obama?

Let me explain why you are dumb. The rich have force fed you this montra that the poor and middle class want "free stuff". Either you are rich and pushing that lie or you are middle class and you have swallowed it.

People from all over the world come to America and laugh at how the masses vote. They/You are told that people who vote D are takers and R's are makers. You are such a god damn fool. We have a progressive tax system that worked for 60 years but the rich didn't like the middle class being so fat so they gave themselves massive tax breaks and now you have less social services and safety nets. Less money going to roads, schools, social security, spending. I could go on and on but won't waste one more moment explaining it to someone as dumb as you. The fact is the rich got rich when we had social programs and safety nets. Now that they are rich they want more tax breaks so they removed the safety nets and social programs that they had when they were taking a chance and starting business'. Now good luck getting a loan at a bank to start a new business. To do so you have to already have money.

The rich ruined the economy then got rich off the recovery. This is an investor society now. The middle class is now the lower middle class. They aren't saving enough for retirement, insurance is more expensive and the GOP are ruining ss and medicare. No more unions and high paying factory jobs. Now its walmart and McD jobs. America was great because the unions fought and won low skilled no college workers $17.50 an hour right out of high school.

Which reminds me. Don't complain about the economy. Don't say Obama sucks. If you say it then you are not rich enough to be a Republican. If Romney was president right now the GOP would be saying the economy was doing great. They would have no plan for low skilled American workers. They would tell those people to go back to school or start their own business. They would admit that they like low skilled workers making $10 an hour instead of $17.50. Remember the GOP sent those jobs overseas because they were costing the business owners too much of their profits. So now when they complain that its Obama's fault, realize how much of liars or stupid idiots they are because I'm sure most of you don't even realize that you are only complaining because you aren't rich enough to be a republican. Republicans are only complaining about Obama because they want to trash the economy again and twist the knife they put in the American workers backs when they pushed and got NAFTA. Then Bush took NAFTA and bastardized it and made it even worse.

You are a god damn fool.

I am am Atheist. You are brainwashed.beyond all belief. The tragic thing is that is peobably the way you like to be. It's such a dirty rotten shame. If you are ever willing to consider burning your religious "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. First, there is a documentary that you need to watch. I don't know the price of it. But it would be worth every penny. It's called "Religious." For an even greater example of how sick, filthy and evil the bible is, you need to go into your browser and enter, "our holy hell: the causes, the solutiions." If nothing else, that should wake you up.

25% of Brits think the lunar landings were a hoax, though only 6 to 7%% of Americans do.

That is right, more people believe that Elvis is still alive, that the world is ruled by lizard people, that Big Foot stalks our Rocky Mountains and that the US government caused 9-11 than believe that there is no God.

Atheists are simply kook-burgers like the 9-11 Truthers or the lunar landing denialists.

You present them with evidence like the Big Bang and you get things like 'Oh, I don't believe in the Big Bang.' You tell them how the infinite regression fallacy demonstrates that time had to have a starting point and they duh into silence. Show them alternative explanations that present Christianity in a better light than the Zinn bullshit people are fed these days and they simply repeat the propaganda and insist that it is all true no matter how Christians try to 'spin it'. Lol, now these morons cant distinguish between Russell and quackery or tell a good argument from a pile of nonsense.

They really cant be taken seriously any more. The Bertrand Russells are long gone, just the jack asses remain among atheism today; why bother?

Americans ages 18 to 29 are considerably less religious than older Americans. Fewer young adults belong to any particular faith than older people do today. They also are less likely to be affiliated than their parents’ and grandparents’ generations were when they were young. Fully one-in-four members of the Millennial generation are unaffiliated with any particular faith. Indeed, Millennials are significantly more unaffiliated than members of Generation X were at a comparable point in their life cycle (20% in the late 1990s) and twice as unaffiliated as Baby Boomers were as young adults (13% in the late 1970s). Young adults also attend religious services less often than older Americans today. And compared with their elders today, fewer young people say that religion is very important in their lives.

Maybe you live in the bible belt. Because consider that here up north in the big city there are a lot more atheists than there will be down in the deep dirty hick red neck bible belt south where people are poor and stupid.

Yesterday I asked a friend if he believed in god. He said yes. After maybe 2 or 3 questions he cracked a smile and said no he doesn't believe or "hasn't given it much thought"

So just consider that a lot of the people who say they do believe are just giving a knee jerk response. What exactly do they believe? They don't even really know. Or maybe they were told as kids if they don't believe they will go to hell so of course they are brainwashed to say yes without even questioning.

He told me he told his religious sister that he had his doubt and she had a stern hard long talk with him. LOL. Do you think she's thinking objectively when she believes not believing will send her and/or her brother to HELL? LOL. Dumb as lady. Poor thing.

Ahh.... the beliefs of the young. You did know the hard nosed, bible thumping, old fogeys you so love today were the hippies of the 60's, don't you. Every generation says they are the ones who will change things, and then become their parents. I'd say talk to me in 40 years, but luckily I will be long dead by then. I won't have to see the incredible mess you all will be making of things. Seeing the mess my generation made was quite enough for one lifetime. But by all means, you enjoy the show.

That's my point. This belief in Jesus hasn't made this a good society. Maybe a scientific society that isn't fooled by wedge issues like god gays and guns will do better with the environment and figuring out fair wages and affordable healthcare.

Right now our society is filled with greedy ignorant selfish people. These are all christians. Well most of them. You know the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? Well we're broke. We need fixing. And believing in god makes people stupid sheep. Just look at all the arabs in the muslim praying to allah 5 times a day.

Well I can only tell you from personal experience I think we'd do a better job. Let me think of some examples.

We wouldn't have been lied into Iraq.

Reagan and Bush played the Moral Majority like a fiddle. They conned over the religious vote so now millions of middle class Americans that should be voting Democratic are voting GOP because of God, Guns and Racism.

Atheists know that being racist is wrong but the bible doesn't seem to harp on that virtue very much. Even the Christians in the 1700's that argued to free the slaves wouldn't let them sit in the white section of the church. They were segregated. So the blacks left and started their own church. As an atheist I don't like how segregated we are.

Look at what Arrestive Development wrote to black people about church:

The lady prays and prays and prays it's everlasting
"There's nothing wrong with praying ?" It's what she's asking. She's asking the Lord to let her cope
so one day she can see the golden ropes
What you pray for God will give
to be able to cope in this world we live
The word "cope" and the word "change"
is directly opposite, not the same
She should have been praying to change her woes
but pastor said "Pray to cope with those"
The government is happy with most baptist churches
coz they don't do a damn thing to try to nurture
brothers and sisters on a revolution
Baptist teaches dying is the only solution
Passiveness causes others to pass us by

I could go on and on.

We wouldn't be guilting women who don't want kids into having them. We would have more cures because we'd experiment on stem cells and even violin criminals sentenced to death.

We would do everything because of reason and logic, not because of "god(s)"

Well I can only tell you from personal experience I think we'd do a better job. Let me think of some examples.

Reagan and Bush played the Moral Majority like a fiddle. They conned over the religious vote so now millions of middle class Americans that should be voting Democratic are voting GOP because of God, Guns and Racism.

That's what I mean. If you assume voting Democrat isn't also foolish, I don't see much hope in your point of view.

Atheists know that being racist is wrong but the bible doesn't seem to harp on that virtue very much. Even the Christians in the 1700's that argued to free the slaves wouldn't let them sit in the white section of the church. They were segregated. So the blacks left and started their own church. As an atheist I don't like how segregated we are.

"There's nothing wrong with praying ?" It's what she's asking. She's asking the Lord to let her cope

I could go on and on.

We wouldn't be guilting women who don't want kids into having them. We would have more cures because we'd experiment on stem cells and even violin criminals sentenced to death.

Well, again, I don't see reason or logic winning out in the views you alluded to - particularly the liberal solutions to 'fair wages' and health insurance.

That's what I mean. If you assume voting Democrat isn't also foolish, I don't see much hope in your point of view.

I could go on and on.

Well, again, I don't see reason or logic winning out in the views you alluded to - particularly the liberal solutions to 'fair wages' and health insurance.

Excuse me? I think most people understand or realize that if it weren't for "capitalism" and $ we as humans could feed, clothe and provide healthcare for every human being on the planet so no one goes hungry or dies needlessly but because we are greedy selfish and immoral animals we don't live that way. We live Dog Eat Dog. And what I find fascinating is how religious people reconcile their greed with their religion.

I love it when middle class people who suck the rich's balls cry class warfare as if they don't realize class warfare is real and does exist and we/they are losing. How do they win when there are more of us than them? They appeal to middle class people's ignorance and greed and get them to vote against themselves. The American middle class Voter is a really stupid person.

And funny because they cry that black people stupidly and automatically vote for Democrats. Funny because at least they are voting for the right fucking party.

Excuse me? I think most people understand or realize that if it weren't for "capitalism" and $ we as humans could feed, clothe and provide healthcare for every human being on the planet so no one goes hungry or dies needlessly but because we are greedy selfish and immoral animals we don't live that way. We live Dog Eat Dog. And what I find fascinating is how religious people reconcile their greed with their religion.

I mean, we just need to look at North Korea to see how well Communism feeds, clothes, and provides healthcare to all.

You Communists have a startling track record.....

I love it when middle class people who suck the rich's balls cry class warfare as if they don't realize class warfare is real and does exist and we/they are losing. How do they win when there are more of us than them? They appeal to middle class people's ignorance and greed and get them to vote against themselves. The American middle class Voter is a really stupid person.

You of the left are at war to destroy the middle class. The goal of the democratic party is to end the great American middle, to concentrate power and wealth in a tiny elites, serviced by bureaucrats and apparatchiks, ruling over a vast peasantry.

The comfort and ease that the West enjoy is purely because of Capitalism - and that pisses you Communists off, the little people should be toiling in the fields, not vacationing in resorts that should only be open to party bosses.

You offer the masses a life that is short, brutal, and filled with pain, they way it should be for the masses.

And funny because they cry that black people stupidly and automatically vote for Democrats. Funny because at least they are voting for the right fucking party.

democrats offer the average American less. Less for their children, less for themselves. They will be happy to pack you into high density urban housing - you don't need a house that you own - the party bosses want you in little apartments in the city. You don't need cars that congest the roads that the party bosses want to travel on, you can have a bicycle and never leave a 5 mile radius.

democrats offer glorious drudgery and a life of despair. as each slave lives and dies for the benefit of the party.

Last edited:

See... this is what I'm talking about. And this is why religious conservatives insist that atheists simply want us to worship the state as a our new god. Not all atheists are this stupid, of course, but I can see why they make this claim.

I mean, we just need to look at North Korea to see how well Communism feeds, clothes, and provides healthcare to all.

You Communists have a startling track record.....

You of the left are at war to destroy the middle class. The goal of the democratic party is to end the great American middle, to concentrate power and wealth in a tiny elites, sever by bureaucrats and apparatchiks, ruling over a vast peasantry.

The comfort and ease that the West enjoy is purely because of Capitalism - and that pisses you Communists off, the little people should be toiling in the fields, not vacationing in resorts that should only be open to party bosses.

You offer the masses a life that is short, brutal, and filled with pain, they way it should be for the masses.

democrats offer the average American less. Less for their children, less for themselves. They will be happy to pack you into high density urban housing - you don't need a house that you own - the party bosses want you in little apartments in the city. You don't need cars that congest the roads that the party bosses want to travel on, you can have a bicycle and never leave a 5 mile radius.

democrats offer glorious drudgery and a life of despair. as each slave lives and dies for the benefit of the party.

Sorry but those people are Buddhists or Confucianism. Look into what those things are because I don't believe those are atheist beliefs. And Kim Jung Un thinks he is a god. So please don't try to give them to us. They belong to you idiots who believe in gods.

NEXT!

Oh, and everything else you said is a joke. America was ok before the New Deal, but never before has there ever been such a big fat rich successful middle class like we enjoyed from the 1950's to 2000's. Reagan started killing the middle class, then NAFTA, then Bush. If you want to kill the middle class completely vote a Republican in the white house.

Fact is, there is nothing wrong with our economy. If the GOP were in charge they'd be bragging about this economy. We know they would because of the shit they said in 2007 when the economy was falling apart. Today the only people hurting are the poor, lower middle class and middle class.

Please tell me what the GOP plan is to raise everyone's wages?

I'll tell you what the plan should be. Bring jobs home and unionize. Sure the stock holders and ceo's won't make as much and the consumers will pay a little bit more but at least we will have consumers. People who make Walmart or McD wages don't consume. Pay them $2 more an hour and give them good healthcare and pensions.

I'm not going to go back and forth. You have a completely fucked up revisionist version of history. I understand why too. You've been brainwashed. Its too easy to do. If you believe things without proof how fucking easy is it to brainwash and lie and manipulate your sorry ass?

See... this is what I'm talking about. And this is why religious conservatives insist that atheists simply want us to worship the state as a our new god. Not all atheists are this stupid, of course, but I can see why they make this claim.

You've been brainwashed to hate YOUR OWN government and worship corporations. Ok, so in the future the corporations will decide if they pollute, how much to pay you, whether or not you should get overtime, sick days, healthcare, how much they should pay in taxes and how much you should, etc.

Instead of your government protecting you, instead you can trust the corporations to do what is right, you fucking idiot!

So your government isn't in charge anymore, the corporations have taken over. Isn't that called Fascism?

You right wing idiots don't think Capitalism can be corrupted just like Communism and socialism? Idiots! It already has been. Politicians have to raise millions or billions to run. They have to suck the corporations ass. Citizens United. I could go on and on but you are too brainwashed and stupid to understand. Really!

I don't worship anything. I just miss the days when our government was for We the People and not for just the corporations. But what do I expect when citizens are as stupid as you. Are you a tea bagger, GOP or Libertarian? Either way your a fucking idiot. Either that or you are rich. In that case, there are more of us than you and since you guys waged the class warfare on us in 2000-2007 it is only fair we fight back. No?

Nope! This discussion is about the endless atheism bashing that those who imagine they are going to heaven feel free to indulge themselves in whenever they need someone to blame.

There is a war against civil rights underway. The attacks on the 1st amendment are some of the most egregious. The Atheist Taliban is behind these attacks. I am agnostic and do not believe in a god, but I do believe in liberty. BECAUSE I support liberty, the Taliban is my enemy.

The Taliban seems to be always lurking, ready to pounce to silence speech that differs from their rigid dogma. There is no heaven, but as you of the Taliban strip us of civil rights, you do create hell.

:lmao: at your delusions!

Nope! This discussion is about the endless atheism bashing that those who imagine they are going to heaven feel free to indulge themselves in whenever they need someone to blame.

There is a war against civil rights underway. The attacks on the 1st amendment are some of the most egregious. The Atheist Taliban is behind these attacks. I am agnostic and do not believe in a god, but I do believe in liberty. BECAUSE I support liberty, the Taliban is my enemy.

The Taliban seems to be always lurking, ready to pounce to silence speech that differs from their rigid dogma. There is no heaven, but as you of the Taliban strip us of civil rights, you do create hell.

Again he's another theist who doesn't realize the taliban are very religious. ISIS is very religious.

Us atheists don't care what you say or think as long as it doesn't affect us. So in other words keep your stupid god out of the public squares. As an atheist I'd prefer in court if you ask me to swear to tell the truth but not so help me god.

Maybe the masses/sheep need god but not everyone is that weak minded. And we aren't trying to force everyone to believe what we believe. We just like the ability to voice our opinions and that's free speech.

P.S. If people want to see an atheist country that works, look at America. We've taken god out of everything public as he should be. God should be a personal thing. Keep that shit to yourselves nucking futs.

Sorry but those people are Buddhists or Confucianism. Look into what those things are because I don't believe those are atheist beliefs. And Kim Jung Un thinks he is a god. So please don't try to give them to us. They belong to you idiots who believe in gods.

First off, you went specifically after CAPITALISM, claiming that everyone would be fed and clothed if not for Capitalism. So it makes PERFECT sense to contrast this capitalist society you hate so much with the Communist paradise of North Korea.

SECONDLY; North Korea claims to have freedom of religion, but officially claims to be an Atheist state;

{North Korea's cryptic response to the Pope's arrival in Seoul is emblematic of the nation's complicated relationship with religion in general. Its constitution formally grants citizens religious freedom, but in reality, religious practice is punishable by public execution or banishment to the nation's kwan-li-so prison camps. The few churches in Pyongyang are maintained by the state in order to give the appearance of religious practice; congregants are actors bussed in to services for the benefit of tourists. In a gesture of good will, South Korea invited North Korea to send a delegation to the Pope's visit, but the North declined.}

North Korea s Christians Doug Wallack

So in this too, North Korea is exactly how you seek to make America.

Indeed.

Oh, and everything else you said is a joke. America was ok before the New Deal, but never before has there ever been such a big fat rich successful middle class like we enjoyed from the 1950's to 2000's. Reagan started killing the middle class, then NAFTA, then Bush. If you want to kill the middle class completely vote a Republican in the white house.

A few problems with your claims;

1. The New Deal put us into a deep depression.
  2. After WWII, America enjoyed an intact infrastructure while Europe and Asia were in ruins
  3. Purchasing power for the lowest segments of society is vastly higher today than it was in 1960, despite the nostalgic bullshit peddled by the left
Or to put it simply, everything you posted is ignorant nonsense.

Fact is, there is nothing wrong with our economy. If the GOP were in charge they'd be bragging about this economy. We know they would because of the shit they said in 2007 when the economy was falling apart. Today the only people hurting are the poor, lower middle class and middle class.

Real GDP has grown 2.4 percent over the past year, and current GDP measured at annual rates is some $4.4 trillion below its long-term trend centered at the end of 1999. GDP is the farthest below trend it has been in 64 years.

There are serious problems with our economy.

I'll tell you what the plan should be. Bring jobs home and unionize. Sure the stock holders and ceo's won't make as much and the consumers will pay a little bit more but at least we will have consumers. People who make Walmart or McD wages don't consume. Pay them $2 more an hour and give them good healthcare and pensions.

You don't grasp how a market works. You foolishly think that if your little tin god tells McDonalds they have to give you a raise that your lot in life will improve. You are a peasant and think like one, you depend on your lords to care for you and give you purpose. You cannot grasp the concept of value, that currency is merely a medium which will find an equilibrium to value, regardless of the quantity involved. Menial labor cannot be dictated to greater worth. It is simply too plentiful and too easily replaced to be a high value commodity.

The GOP is nearly worthless, the only positive I can point to with them is that they are slightly less destructive than the democrats.

I'm not going to go back and forth. You have a completely fucked up revisionist version of history. I understand why too. You've been brainwashed. Its too easy to do. If you believe things without proof how fucking easy is it to brainwash and lie and manipulate your sorry ass?

You spew ignorant bullshit from the leftist hate sites,. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and chant tired, Marxist slogans fed to you by your masters.

It's odd; I don't find you of the Taliban all that amusing.

{
Two weeks later, he received the letter from the Wisconsin-based atheist group. They said that if he did not stop offering a church discount, they would “take appropriate steps.”

“I’m just selling pizzas,” Steven told me. “I love my Lord and you see it expressed all over my building – but I’m just selling pizzas.”

And he’s not kidding. The local television station reports that customers are allowed to write Bible verses on the walls. And in the center is a message from the owners “God is the center of our lives, so our scripture wall is the center of Bailey’s Pizza.”

“To me, if making a pepperoni pizza furthers the Kingdom – well I’m excited about that,” he said.
But just because Steven is a Christian business owner doesn’t mean he has a problem with non-believers.}

Pizza parlor s church discount gives atheists indigestion Fox News

Again he's another theist who doesn't realize the taliban are very religious. ISIS is very religious.

I realize you are not quite as bright as the average quantum singularity, but do feel free to link to ANY post by me where I expressed a theist point of view?

I have no care if my neighbor believes in 1 god, 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

But you of the Taliban are dedicated to stripping civil rights from anyone who dares hold beliefs that differ from your own. We see it time and time again. Should anyone dare speak and opinion that differs from the Atheist Taliban, you attack with everything you have.

Yeah, it does make you scumbags. You are an enemy of civil rights, an enemy of basic liberty, an enemy of the American way of life.

First off, you went specifically after CAPITALISM, claiming that everyone would be fed and clothed if not for Capitalism. So it makes PERFECT sense to contrast this capitalist society you hate so much with the Communist paradise of North Korea.

SECONDLY; North Korea claims to have freedom of religion, but officially claims to be an Atheist state;

{North Korea's cryptic response to the Pope's arrival in Seoul is emblematic of the nation's complicated relationship with religion in general. Its constitution formally grants citizens religious freedom, but in reality, religious practice is punishable by public execution or banishment to the nation's kwan-li-so prison camps. The few churches in Pyongyang are maintained by the state in order to give the appearance of religious practice; congregants are actors bussed in to services for the benefit of tourists. In a gesture of good will, South Korea invited North Korea to send a delegation to the Pope's visit, but the North declined.}

North Korea s Christians Doug Wallack

So in this too, North Korea is exactly how you seek to make America.

Indeed.

A few problems with your claims;

1. The New Deal put us into a deep depression.
  2. After WWII, America enjoyed an intact infrastructure while Europe and Asia were in ruins
  3. Purchasing power for the lowest segments of society is vastly higher today than it was in 1960, despite the nostalgic bullshit peddled by the left
Or to put it simply, everything you posted is ignorant nonsense.

Real GDP has grown 2.4 percent over the past year, and current GDP measured at annual rates is some $4.4 trillion below its long-term trend centered at the end of 1999. GDP is the farthest below trend it has been in 64 years.

There are serious problems with our economy.

You don't grasp how a market works. You foolishly think that if your little tin god tells McDonalds they have to give you a raise that your lot in life will improve. You are a peasant and think like one, you depend on your lords to care for you and give you purpose. You cannot grasp the concept of value, that currency is merely a medium which will find an equilibrium to value, regardless of the quantity involved. Menial labor cannot be dictated to greater worth. It is simply too plentiful and too easily replaced to be a high value commodity.

The GOP is nearly worthless, the only positive I can point to with them is that they are slightly less destructive than the democrats.

You spew ignorant bullshit from the leftist hate sites,. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and chant tired, Marxist slogans fed to you by your masters.

1. So the people of North Korea are not religious or spiritual? I'm not talking about the crazy leader who claims he is god. I'm talking about the people. Notice the sheeple are probably religious. Its one of the reasons I hate religion. It controls the masses. The suckers. If they were atheists they'd take Kim Jong Un out. Anyways, please don't give us atheists N. Korea or call us Commies. We are not commies in fact we aren't even socialists unless you are an extreme tea bagger or libertard. Do you consider teachers being public employees or prisons being run by the state or medicare socialism?

Fact is stupid, this country ran best when we had good public schools and other public institutions. Your side hates government workers and wants EVERYTHING outsourced to private corporations. Fact is, some things shouldn't be privatized, like prisons. But I'm not going to debate you on this because I can tell its over your head. Same with how it wasn't the New Deal or Unions that bankrupted this son bitch. It was the rich. They did it to break the new deal, and its working. Now jobs are overseas and pay is low across the board. Your solution is to go back to school or start my own business. The Democratic way is labor laws, minimum wage increases, regulate the gas, healthcare and food industries so they don't gouge the citizens. But YOU have turned our country over to the corporations. Real smart, idiot.

We need more unions, not less. We need to spread the wealth. They stole it from us, we need to fix the tax code so the rich and corporations pay their fair share. Today the Democrats act too much like Republicans. Kissing the lobbyists asses so they can get re elected and ignoring the citizens.

We need to tariff vital industries if they ship jobs overseas. Fact is the GOP gave them tax breaks to help them ship jobs overseas. They allowed things like too many chinese tires to come in to break those industries and lower the workers wages, re nig on pensions, ship jobs overseas, break unions.

But you are so stupid you blame Pelosi and Obama for the situation the GOP did to us on purpose and you don't even know they are the ones that did it to you. Meanwhile they made a fortune, increased their profits, gave them more power and your government less to control them in the future, and somehow you think this is going to benefit you.

No doubt the American Citizen in general is a dumb ass piece of white cracker shit.

I doubt what you are talking about is possible. Even more, I doubt it would be an improvement. People are the way the are. One belief or another doesn't make them that way. Change the beliefs, you still have the same people acting in the same way.

1. So the people of North Korea are not religious or spiritual? I'm not talking about the crazy leader who claims he is god. I'm talking about the people. Notice the sheeple are probably religious. Its one of the reasons I hate religion. It controls the masses. The suckers. If they were atheists they'd take Kim Jong Un out. Anyways, please don't give us atheists N. Korea or call us Commies. We are not commies in fact we aren't even socialists unless you are an extreme tea bagger or libertard. Do you consider teachers being public employees or prisons being run by the state or medicare socialism?

Are you literate?

Were you unable to grasp the far left Huffington post link I gave you?

but in reality, religious practice is punishable by public execution or banishment to the nation's kwan-li-so prison camps.

Get it? If not, can you have someone sentient read it to you and explain it? Just like you, the Socialist of North Korea violently repress religion.

You of the Taliban have not yet achieved the power to murder people in the streets for expressing faith - but you're working on it.

Fact is stupid,

No, fact is not stupid - YOU are stupid, but fact is just fact...

this country ran best when we had good public schools and other public institutions. Your side hates government workers and wants EVERYTHING outsourced to private corporations. Fact is, some things shouldn't be privatized, like prisons. But I'm not going to debate you on this because I can tell its over your head. Same with how it wasn't the New Deal or Unions that bankrupted this son bitch. It was the rich. They did it to break the new deal, and its working. Now jobs are overseas and pay is low across the board. Your solution is to go back to school or start my own business. The Democratic way is labor laws, minimum wage increases, regulate the gas, healthcare and food industries so they don't gouge the citizens. But YOU have turned our country over to the corporations. Real smart, idiot.

You're an idiot. You spew nonsense with no grasp of meaning.

This country ran best when we had good public schools? When was that, Monkey Boi? 1964? When schools were segregated, before busing,. before the Atheist Taliban outlawed free speech and freedom of religion?

Do you THINK about the retarded slogans you spout, before you spew them?

Of course you don't; you're value to the party is the fact that you are an unthinking drone.

We need more unions, not less. We need to spread the wealth. They stole it from us, we need to fix the tax code so the rich and corporations pay their fair share. Today the Democrats act too much like Republicans. Kissing the lobbyists asses so they can get re elected and ignoring the citizens.
Who stole from you, Comrade? What is it that you created that someone took? Do you think you created the french fries you drop in the fryer? The cash register you ring up the sale on - which figures out the change, because god knows you could never figure out how much change to give on a $4.27 charge that the customer gives you a $5 on..

We need to tariff vital industries if they ship jobs overseas. Fact is the GOP gave them tax breaks to help them ship jobs overseas. They allowed things like too many chinese tires to come in to break those industries and lower the workers wages, re nig on pensions, ship jobs overseas, break unions.

Which ones, Comrade? The lightbulbs that Obama sent to China with his Czar Jeffery Immelt?

You keep spewing "unions" plural - the problem rational people have with the Union is that it is a monopoly - and runs our government.

But you are so stupid you blame Pelosi and Obama for the situation the GOP did to us on purpose and you don't even know they are the ones that did it to you. Meanwhile they made a fortune, increased their profits, gave them more power and your government less to control them in the future, and somehow you think this is going to benefit you.

No doubt the American Citizen in general is a dumb ass piece of white cracker shit.

Silly Bonobo, you are extremely partisan. Problem is, you are poorly educated, utterly ignorant, and not very bright.

Which is why you are a Communist.

Are you literate?

Were you unable to grasp the far left Huffington post link I gave you?

but in reality, religious practice is punishable by public execution or banishment to the nation's kwan-li-so prison camps.

Get it? If not, can you have someone sentient read it to you and explain it? Just like you, the Socialist of North Korea violently repress religion.

You of the Taliban have not yet achieved the power to murder people in the streets for expressing faith - but you're working on it.

Fact is stupid,

No, fact is not stupid - YOU are stupid, but fact is just fact...

this country ran best when we had good public schools and other public institutions. Your side hates government workers and wants EVERYTHING outsourced to private corporations. Fact is, some things shouldn't be privatized, like prisons. But I'm not going to debate you on this because I can tell its over your head. Same with how it wasn't the New Deal or Unions that bankrupted this son bitch. It was the rich. They did it to break the new deal, and its working. Now jobs are overseas and pay is low across the board. Your solution is to go back to school or start my own business. The Democratic way is labor laws, minimum wage increases, regulate the gas, healthcare and food industries so they don't gouge the citizens. But YOU have turned our country over to the corporations. Real smart, idiot.

You're an idiot. You spew nonsense with no grasp of meaning.

This country rant best when we had good public schools/ When was that, Monkey Boi? 1964? When schools were segregated, before bussing,. before the Atheist Taliban outlawed free speech and freedom of religion?

Do you THINK about the retarded slogans you spout, before you spew them?

Of course you don't; you're value to the party is the fact that you are an unthinking drone.

Who stole from you, Comrade? What is it that you created that someone took? Do you think you created the french fries you drop in the fryer? The cash register you ring up the sale on - which figures out the change, because god knows you could never figure out how much change to give on a $4.27 charge that the customer gives you a $5 on..

Which ones, Comrade? The lightbulbs that Obama sent to China with his Czar Jeffery Immelt?

You keep spewing "unions" plural - the problem rational people have with the Union is that it is a monopoly - and runs our government.

Silly Bonobo, you are extremely partisan. Problem is, you are poorly educated, utterly ignorant, and not very bright.

Which is why you are a Communist.

If the crazy god leader is banning all other religions, that's not atheism. We don't believe in any gods. Sounds to me like the sheeple of north korea pray and they get killed for doing so.

We don't want to kill anyone for believing. The maximum amount of push back you'll get from us is a passionate debate or we might sue you to take god out of schools. You are the ones who crucified, burned and tarred and feathered non believers. Stop projecting on us.
Great quote:
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg

The rich have lots of lobbyists in Washington. Who do the workers have besides the unions you dolt?

What did I create? A 401K that was worth more than when Bush left office. I lived in a country where your $10K investment could get 10% interest. The rich turned this into a ruling class society. Now you have to have a lot of money or you'll never get ahead. Just look at the average citizen compared to when Clinton was in office.
And I'll be find. I'll probably have $500K when I retire. I know you are suppose to have $1 million but I will have everything paid off. But I don't want the corporations eating up all my money before I go. That's the dream our parents and grand parents lived in.

I already paid off college a long time ago. I feel sorry for the kids who'll have to not only save $1 million to retire, they'll have to do it AFTER they pay off their $100K college debt. And instead of a $60K job it'll be a $40K job they find.

I could go on and on. Fact is, the rich ruined the middle class and you are either too stupid to know they did it or you are rich and a liar. I doubt you are rich. Either you are a fool who is suckered with wedge issues like god, gays, guns and racism or you are comfortable enough that you can be this cocky/arrogant/stupid.

I know a lot of white racist gun loving union guys who voted for Bush and Gov. Snyder in Michigan. So I actually laugh at them when their pensions get renigged on. My dad was smart he took the buy out.

The smartest guys I know worked on the shop floor. They were at least smart enough to unionize and fight for a fair wage. Today the workers haven't gotten a raise in years but the CEO's make 600x the average worker. What's wrong with this picture?

Oh yea, the GOP spent decades brainwashing you. Now you are anti labor and anti we the people. But they don't lower your taxes. They cut the rich's taxes and raise your taxes. That's what Snyder did. Fact.

And they have no plan to make your life easier. You call that giving you a hand out.

You've been brainwashed to hate YOUR OWN government and worship corporations. Ok, so in the future the corporations will decide if they pollute, how much to pay you, whether or not you should get overtime, sick days, healthcare, how much they should pay in taxes and how much you should, etc.

I suppose you haven't read many of my posts, but no. I haven't. What makes you say that?

I don't worship anything. I just miss the days when our government was for We the People and not for just the corporations. But what do I expect when citizens are as stupid as you. Are you a tea bagger, GOP or Libertarian? Either way your a fucking idiot. Either that or you are rich. In that case, there are more of us than you and since you guys waged the class warfare on us in 2000-2007 it is only fair we fight back. No?

That's pretty ugly. Does it make you proud?

- 7% of voters think the moon landing was faked

- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters

Those are disturbing. Woulda thought they amounts shoudl be reversed. :)

As to atheists, try it the other way, if people who claim to believe in God really do, why get so upset when confronted by those that don't? Shouldn't you be walking around all blissed out about the heaven you get for believing? Only someone really unsure or filled with doubt should get upset when somoene says what whackjobs ya are. :)

I don't care if atheists don't believe. I do care that they assault the faith of impressionable people and kids who don't have the resources to think it through.

It angers me that atheists rob people of their faith using false arguments and repeatedly disproven falsehoods, like the claim that there is evidence that Jesus did not live.

As to the individual atheist that chooses to not believe because he is too lazy and/or dishonest to look at the facts; to hell with him.

So, is blindly believing something (faith) better than thinking for yourself, looking for real answers and understanding the nature of reality?

That is what Plato did and he came to believe that there was a Creator as have billions of other people alive today. There is ample fact, argument, and reason to believe in God, so your false dichotomy of 'blind faith' vrs 'rational atheism' is nothing more than bullshit or maybe horse shit.

That is until you realize that the validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Also, the argument that Lots of people believe in a god.
Argumentum ad populum. The popularity of an idea says nothing of its veracity.

Geocentrism, a flat earth, creationism, astrology, alchemy and the occult were all once pervasive beliefs.

Furthermore, religions are culturally relative and, for the most part, are inconsistent and mutually exclusive.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

So you believe in god because you have been brainwashed, scared and because you want to believe. If that's what you call ample fact, logic and reasons, ok nut job. Scientists say it's all in your head. But I guess you would know better because you are who again?

Forum List

Back