Atheism continues to decline

Atheism Rises, Religiosity Declines In America

Atheism Rises Religiosity Declines In America

(RNS) Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.

The poll, called "The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism," found that the number of Americans who say they are "religious" dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent.

At the same time, the number of Americans who say they are atheists rose, from 1 percent to 5 percent.

:)

"...no serious scholar believes that Christianity in America is on a trajectory of extinction."

But that won't stop the pseudo-intellectuals posturing here, will it?

Column Christianity isn t dying

Oh ..let me beat you to it, hollie....SCIENCE!

There. Now you can't refute anything I say!

Aw, you poor dear. You thumpers do get incensed when your goofy claims are exposed as fraudulent.

Consider duct taping your bibles into a double wide for some serious thumpin'.
Idiots like you hate the truth, it points to your downfalls and you hate it so you claim lies as truth. Good luck.

Actually, it would seem that folks like you are the ones who feel threatened and insecure.

I'm not the one responsible for the decline of christianity. It's Christians who need to take responsibility for that.
I am not threatened or insecure. I just know the truth and laugh at all the lies.

Atheism Rises, Religiosity Declines In America

Atheism Rises Religiosity Declines In America

(RNS) Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.

The poll, called "The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism," found that the number of Americans who say they are "religious" dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent.

At the same time, the number of Americans who say they are atheists rose, from 1 percent to 5 percent.

:)

"...no serious scholar believes that Christianity in America is on a trajectory of extinction."

Aw, you poor dear. You thumpers do get incensed when your goofy claims are exposed as fraudulent.

Idiots like you hate the truth, it points to your downfalls and you hate it so you claim lies as truth. Good luck.

Actually, it would seem that folks like you are the ones who feel threatened and insecure.

I'm not the one responsible for the decline of christianity. It's Christians who need to take responsibility for that.
I am not threatened or insecure. I just know the truth and laugh at all the lies.
In other words, you're laughing at yourself in your angry, defensive position.

No, I am laughing at idiots like you.

It's all one, grand conspiracy. You should apply for martyrdom.

The only person that comes off angry in this thread is you, Hollie.

As you do in every thread.

But wait....SCIENCE!

There. I win.

The only person that comes off angry in this thread is you, Hollie.

As you do in every thread.

But wait....SCIENCE!

There. I win.
You should consider trying Islam. There are overseas career opportunities for angry, self-haters like you.

You would look absolutely stunning in a burqa.

Sorry, still laughing at you, you keep saying stupid stuff, it's hilarious.

You can't refute a single thing.

It's the will of the gawds.

Keep it up, still stupid.

Religion Among Americans Hits Low Point, As More People Say They Have No Religious Affiliation: Report

Religion Among Americans Hits Low Point As More People Say They Have No Religious Affiliation Report

The number of Americans who claim to have no religious affiliation is the highest it has ever been since data on the subject started being collected in the 1930s, new research has found.

Sociologists from the University of California, Berkeley, and Duke University analyzed results from the General Social Survey and found that the number of people who do not consider themselves part of an organized religion has jumped dramatically in recent years.

Religion Among Americans Hits Low Point, As More People Say They Have No Religious Affiliation: Report

Religion Among Americans Hits Low Point As More People Say They Have No Religious Affiliation Report

The number of Americans who claim to have no religious affiliation is the highest it has ever been since data on the subject started being collected in the 1930s, new research has found.

Sociologists from the University of California, Berkeley, and Duke University analyzed results from the General Social Survey and found that the number of people who do not consider themselves part of an organized religion has jumped dramatically in recent years.
Still not falling for the lies, LOL.

How Will The Shocking Decline Of Christianity In America Affect The Future Of This Nation?

How Will The Shocking Decline Of Christianity In America Affect The Future Of This Nation

Is Christianity in decline in America? When you examine the cold, hard numbers it is simply not possible to come to any other conclusion. Over the past few decades, the percentage of Christians in America has been steadily declining. This has especially been true among young people. As you will see later in this article, there has been a mass exodus of teens and young adults out of U.S. churches. In addition, what “Christianity” means to American Christians today is often far different from what “Christianity” meant to their parents and their grandparents. Millions upon millions of Christians in the United States simply do not believe many of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith any longer. Without a doubt, America is becoming a less “Christian” nation.

How Will The Shocking Decline Of Christianity In America Affect The Future Of This Nation?

How Will The Shocking Decline Of Christianity In America Affect The Future Of This Nation

Is Christianity in decline in America? When you examine the cold, hard numbers it is simply not possible to come to any other conclusion. Over the past few decades, the percentage of Christians in America has been steadily declining. This has especially been true among young people. As you will see later in this article, there has been a mass exodus of teens and young adults out of U.S. churches. In addition, what “Christianity” means to American Christians today is often far different from what “Christianity” meant to their parents and their grandparents. Millions upon millions of Christians in the United States simply do not believe many of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith any longer. Without a doubt, America is becoming a less “Christian” nation.

Lolol.

Southern Baptists have started 15,000 in the last 10 years.

19 Numbers Which Prove That America Is Turning Away From Christianity

19 Numbers Which Prove That America Is Turning Away From Christianity Alternative

The decline of the Christian faith in America is accelerating. The results of a new survey conducted by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life were just released, and the numbers are staggering. The percentage of all U.S. adults with no religious affiliation at all is nearly up to 20 percent. Even more frightening, 32 percent of all U.S. adults under the age of 30 have no religious affiliation whatsoever. Meanwhile, the percentage of the U.S. population that is Protestant has hit an all-time low. Sadly, this new survey just confirms what a whole bunch of other surveys have shown over the past few years. The truth is that America is very clearly turning away from Christianity. Right up front I will disclose that I am a Christian, so I consider this to be a very bad thing. Others that are reading this may consider the statistics below to be wonderful news. But what we should all be able to agree on is that the long-term trends clearly show that Americans are increasingly rejecting the Christian faith. So what does this mean for the future of our nation? Where does America go from here? Those are very interesting questions.

Don't expect Christianity to die out in the US. It isn't going to happen.

And it is growing by leaps and bounds world wide..including in China.

Forum List

Back