At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?
Once again, Mac tries to claim he is an honest broker, then in the very next post, he blames Democrats for starting it ~ "You're right that the Left set the Rule"

In fact republicans started it & weaponized it and used it against Bill Clinton
You conveniently left out the rest of that comment, which pointed out that the Right likes to claim the moral high ground.

It's this kind of partisan tunnel vision and intellectual dishonesty that is fundamental to the problem I bring up.

Thank you for your contribution. On behalf of the many people on this thread who have agreed with me.

Uh-huh, get used to it Mac; simple minded games appeal to simple minded people, not to mention sex sells, combine the two and you have the perfect pastime for partisan proles.

Look on the bright side, while all the partisan droids are busy squawking about who is touching whose naughty parts it'll keep them somewhat distracted from actively seeking to make life for the rest of us more difficult. ;)

"What I may call the messages of Brave New World, but it is possible to make people contented with their servitude. I think this can be done. I think it has been done in the past. I think it could be done even more effectively now because you can provide them with bread and circuses and you can provide them with endless amounts of distractions and propaganda." -- Aldous Huxley, A Brave New World
Of course the Left claims the high ground when it comes to feminism and sexism. Much like the right claims the high ground on morality and religion. So, when they are caught breaking bad on their sacred cows, they deserve condemnation.

Bullshit. Men behaving badly towards women is not a partisan issue. women have been getting groped, grabbed and harassed for centuries. Women are just getting fed up with it and social media is accelerating the process.

In the aftermath of the Weinstein allegations when the #metoo came into widespread usage, it was shocking to me how many of my family and friends were using it. I’m no longer shocked. I’m saddened and angry.

So many women who have been assaulted, molested, harassed or raped have never told anyone about it, myself included. That’s done. This has to stop.

The sad part is also that many women have lied about these assaults as well. Duke and UVA are two such cases that made national news and ruined many life's.

The reality is that we have law. We have courts. And the court of public opinion seems to trump justice?

Sad for everyone involved

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Are you taking the stance that to defend a person's right to declare their innocence and demand proof to unsubstantiated criminal claims is somehow partisan? Do you realize that to defend the concept and American values of innocent until proven guilty is somehow a defense of any one person?

I have been consistent in all of this. If a person is accused, regardless of their political party, and they deny it, then they get My support of innocent until proven otherwise. In the case of some of the accusations, the accused has admitted wrong-doing and therefore, they get treated as guilty.

So far, I've seen both sides of the aisle calling for the release of that list from the Congressional hush fund so that we all can see who needs to be removed from office.

None of these clowns were elected to go to D.C. to sexually harass people.

Sexual misconduct is different than trying to fuck a child

Nailed it - sexual misconduct runs a broad spectrum from inappropriate and tasteless to criminal.

Inappropriate/ Tasteless: GHWB patting a girl on the butt from his wheelchair or Al Franken's tasteless/ ill-advised photo
Criminal: Roy Moore seducing a 14 year old and attempting to rape a just-turned 16 year old in a dark spot behind a diner dumpster

That said, I do appreciate the general sentiment of the OP. Both sides have been guilty and all of it gets over-politicized.

Last edited:
Uh-huh, get used to it Mac; simple minded games appeal to simple minded people, not to mention sex sells, combine the two and you have the perfect pastime for partisan proles.

Look on the bright side, while all the partisan droids are busy squawking about who is touching whose naughty parts it'll keep them somewhat distracted from actively seeking to make life for the rest of us more difficult. ;)

"What I may call the messages of Brave New World, but it is possible to make people contented with their servitude. I think this can be done. I think it has been done in the past. I think it could be done even more effectively now because you can provide them with bread and circuses and you can provide them with endless amounts of distractions and propaganda." -- Aldous Huxley, A Brave New World
Of course the Left claims the high ground when it comes to feminism and sexism. Much like the right claims the high ground on morality and religion. So, when they are caught breaking bad on their sacred cows, they deserve condemnation.

Bullshit. Men behaving badly towards women is not a partisan issue. women have been getting groped, grabbed and harassed for centuries. Women are just getting fed up with it and social media is accelerating the process.

In the aftermath of the Weinstein allegations when the #metoo came into widespread usage, it was shocking to me how many of my family and friends were using it. I’m no longer shocked. I’m saddened and angry.
So many women who have been assaulted, molested, harassed or raped have never told anyone about it, myself included. That’s done. This has to stop.

The sad part is also that many women have lied about these assaults as well. Duke and UVA are two such cases that made national news and ruined many life's.

The reality is that we have law. We have courts. And the court of public opinion seems to trump justice?

Yeah, and that's where this can really spin out of control.

We want to eliminate this, we want to believe the accusations, but the reality is that we can't believe them out of hand.

Who is it that teaches kids to be immoral and do whatever "FEELS" good? The Conservatives have been trying to bring the culture of EVIL to the forefront but the left would call us names in their attempt to shut us down. Be angry with yourselves every time you pulled the lever for a establishment liberal....
Bullshit. Scratch a republican who claims to be moral, it bleeds hypocrisy.

republicans are the ones who teach their kids to be immoral. You did it in your post.

Yeah, and that's where this can really spin out of control.

We want to eliminate this, we want to believe the accusations, but the reality is that we can't believe them out of hand.

If you do believe "out of hand", then why do we need law in the first place?

It will always be a partisan political issue until the MSM bias is eliminated!
MSM bias favoring left/liberal/democrat/progressives is a FACT!
Evidenced by the simple google search:
Let's see...Google News search...
politicians
"Roy Moore" 7,370,000 results
"Al Franken" 800,000
Wow biased reporting at work......
Nearly 80% more news items for a GOP "senatorial" candidate than for a Democrat "SITTING Senator!

Here is another "biased" MSM reporting:
Now tell me how can Trump be "anti-immigrant" WHEN HE MARRIED AN IMMIGRANT?

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 10.29.10 AM.png

HOW CAN TRUMP BE ANTI-SEMITIC... WHEN HIS SON-IN-LAW IS JEWISH AND DAUGHTER CONVERTED TO JUDAISM?
But you have the Atlantic... 'Why won't Trump denounce his anti-semitic supporters"????
Again talk about the biased MSM coloring and faking the news that uninformed people get and then these "uninformed' form BIASED opinions based on these biased sources!
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 10.30.55 AM.png

Who is it that teaches kids to be immoral and do whatever "FEELS" good? The Conservatives have been trying to bring the culture of EVIL to the forefront but the left would call us names in their attempt to shut us down. Be angry with yourselves every time you pulled the lever for a establishment liberal....

republicans are the ones who teach their kids to be immoral. You did it in your post.
You really are stupid...Establishment can be Republican and Liberal, and those that voted for President Trump knew he wasn't the perfect candidate(like you fuckers did with Obama), but compared to the bitch, enabler of a racist, Hitlery, we chose MAGA...Grow a brain, pull your head out of your ass and be enlightened...other wise stay a victim of liberalism.. You deserve all the misery liberalism FORCES upon you...Dumbass..

Yea, we've seen Democrats version of morality.

You people are the ones who claimed the right was waging a war on women, now we know different.

The War on Women has nothing to do with sexual assault and everything to do with stripping women of their rights and equality.

The War on Women seeks to limit women’s access to safe abortions, refuse to mandate maternity leave or job protections for pregnant women, and gives employers the right to determine what health insurance coverages they have. Some on the right would strip women of the right to vote. The War on Women is why there is no Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution.

It also said women who get pregnant as a result of rape were not “legitimately raped” because in “real rape” the woman’s body shuts down the ability to conceive.

Alabama governor

Yes, Moore is a pedophile but I am voting for him anyway cuz he is a republican

KelleyAnne Conway

First ~ A seat is not as important as a child

Now ~ A seat is more important than a child

You people are the ones who claimed the right was waging a war on women, now we know different.

The War on Women has nothing to do with sexual assault and everything to do with stripping women of their rights and equality.

You are unhinged lib. Liberals forced women to perform sex acts to get/keep their job which has EVERYTHING to do with stripping women of their rights and equality, oh that's gonna leave a mark go lick your wounds.

The War on Women seeks to limit women’s access to safe abortions, refuse to mandate maternity leave or job protections for pregnant women, and gives employers the right to determine what health insurance coverages they have. Some on the right would strip women of the right to vote. The War on Women is why there is no Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution.

It also said women who get pregnant as a result of rape were not “legitimately raped” because in “real rape” the woman’s body shuts down the ability to conceive.
Yes, Mac is an idiot for agreeing with the republicans as he always does since he is a suckup.

The republican War on Women is real and it shows up with the Alabama election. It is all about republicans controlling a woman via abortion.

republicans care ZERO about morality

At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

It is if it involves children like Trump and Moore

or paid hookers, like Vitter.

Here's a question I know full well you will ignore, Mac

We have the mainstream media aka to republicans like you known as the liberal media outting Democrats

When has the RW media ever outted one of their own?

Did the Fox pervert channel out or even admit they were the pervert channel?

Who outted Fox? RW media?

Not “many women” but a few. Nothing like the thousands of men who lie about the assaults. The Duke co-ed was mentally ill and seeking attention. But look at how many other women came forward at Duke to say the same thing happened to them. Hundreds. You think all of them were lying?

No one is restricting a woman from having a safe abortion, BUT WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. I really do hate you sluts who willingly spread for some John, then when you get punished with a baby, abort the innocent, who never gets a chance to prove themselves.

No one is restricting a woman from having a safe abortion, BUT WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. I really do hate you sluts who willingly spread for some John, then when you get punished with a baby, abort the innocent, who never gets a chance to prove themselves.

Mac loves this post. That is why he will ignore it

Forum List

Back