At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?

Politics is not about right and wrong, or justice and injustice. It never was. No, politics is about winning and gaining power.

Now that the political elites have their grubby little hands in pretty much every facet of our society, it now consumes the society it holds hostage.

It is changing now. Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are oddly responsible for a positive. Of course the empty headed will always use it as a wedge or hammer if they can, but that's OK. People are simple minded, we forget that when we debate complex issues. By simple I mean trained or programmed. That's normal for all humans, we are what we read do think and wonder. Right now I don't have time but here are a few videos to make you think.

The biology of our best and worst selves

The psychology of evil

"Figure things out for yourself. Spend more time on long articles. Subsidize investigative journalism by subscribing to print media. Realize that some of what is on the internet is there to harm you. Learn about sites that investigate propaganda campaigns (some of which comes from abroad). Take responsibility for what you communicate with others." Lesson 11 From 'On Tyranny'

If what you say is correct(which never is with a liberal, unless it is their own, Harvey Weinstein) why isn't there a conviction of Judge Moore? You keep "HOWLING'" in rage that Hitlery who is still under investigation has never been found guilty of anything so we must leave her alone. Why the double standards? Because without double standards you suck ass liberals(redundant statement) would have no standards at all...

Except in Hillary's case, you had 20 years and hundreds of millions of dollars spent on "investigations", all of which came up with nothing.

There's a certain point of crying wolf where people just conclude there isn't a wolf.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

The same time partisans stop turning every single conceivable thing political.
But I agree...the "look at your pervert, he is worse than our pervert"...is pretty bad.

Yea, trying to fuck a child is worse in every case everytime.

I have lived 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia and have a pretty good idea on what Mooslims want for their ideology. I notice that you have deflected from the issue of child rape" actual of a 10 year old, while Judge Moore never had "SEX" with his accuser.. But then you libs don't like TRUTH...

So in the right wing world, Mohammed might not have actually existed, but if he did, he banged a child... or something.

Judge Moore is reprehensible. And he's toast. Trailing by 8 points now.

Would Republicans/conservatives be defending Roy Moore if he were a Democrat? Would they ever not defend him if he were a Republican in a situation where an important Senate seat was on the line.?

Keep in mind, a couple of weeks ago, Mac was whining the PC Police were emasculating him.

But now he's all down with the ladies.

I think when the Right has to dig up Ted Kennedy's corpse to complain about sexual misconduct, it's just as silly when they dig up Robert Byrd's corpse to deflect from their racism.
Yeah well, this is a new week so there

But I agree...the "look at your pervert, he is worse than our pervert"...is pretty bad.

And using that in a weak attempt to score political points by somehow trying to tie that into a political persuasion is cheap, ludicrous and diminishes the act itself.

Perfect example of my point, thanks as always.

Deflect/Pivot/Attack.

This is like a disease.

Duly noted you couldn't answer the point... but that's okay, Mac.

Weren't you whining a couple weeks ago about how Feminists were complaining about "Toxic Masculinity".

I think if you are trying to dig up something Clinton did 20 years ago with a consenting adult to deflect from what Roy Moore did with a child, it's a deflection.

Would Republicans/conservatives be defending Roy Moore if he were a Democrat? Would they ever not defend him if he were a Republican in a situation where an important Senate seat was on the line.?
Once again, show the "CONVICTION" of Judge Moore and I will let him burn in hell. I defended Bill Cosby until the "check" showed up for the hush money to his accuser. Bill Clinton had the Blue Dress.. At one time it was innocent till proven guilty that you libfucks so adored, now it is the seriousness of the charge that make you froth at the mouth...

Yeah well, this is a new week so there

True, that. Mac sees the PC Police hiding in every story.

I think bringing up this sexual bullshit is bullshit. It was bullshit 26 years ago when they brought up Anita Hill to try to discredit Clarance Thomas.

Now, here's where I am going to engage in some liberal heresy. I think Anita Hill was a lying sack of crap. Her story made no sense. Thomas was harassing her, but she followed him from one department to another so he could harass her again?

Of course, there was a good reason to reject his nomination. He was completely unqualified. But the Dems couldn't make that argument without undercutting their own affirmative action positions. So they dredged up this bullshit.

But it's easier to bring up sexual bullshit than talk about issues.

That said, the GOP gets more of a ration of shit about this because THEY are the ones trying to tell the rest of us how to run our sex lives. So it's especially sweet when they get caught with a rent boy or a teenage girl.

And using that in a weak attempt to score political points by somehow trying to tie that into a political persuasion is cheap, ludicrous and diminishes the act itself.

Nothing diminishes touching a child. The only reason it hurts politically is because touching children is not a net positive.

Never. It's a settled issue. Sexual Misconduct only matters when it can be used against a Republican.

Judging by the thread so far - they're just jumping into the same stuff with both feet - it will be a long time, at least..
It gets boring in its predictability, like ringing a bell.
The problem is, they're controlling the conversation. So unless and until they change their behaviors, this just continues.

Forum List

Back