At what point will partisans realize that sexual misconduct is not a political issue?

Read the article. Bush didn't know of the exact plan Bin Laden had. Given the scant information he had, what was he to do, close down every airport across the country?

How about, directing an upgrade of airport security and put the airports on higher alert? that would have worked.

What didn't work? Saying the briefer, "Well, you've covered your ass, then." and then went fishing.
. Your speculative dreams eh ? Get help..

Read the article. Bush didn't know of the exact plan Bin Laden had. Given the scant information he had, what was he to do, close down every airport across the country?

How about, directing an upgrade of airport security and put the airports on higher alert? that would have worked.

What didn't work? Saying the briefer, "Well, you've covered your ass, then." and then went fishing.

That would have worked? How?

The hijackers used box cutters to take down three airplanes. WTF could even imagine that before 911? Nobody, not even anybody that works security for our government. It was unimaginable at the time.

But let's just say Bush did so something like that. Do you really think that word wouldn't leak out to the media? How would the Democrats (who were still very sore because of Al Gore) would have handled that information; that Bush was just looking to protect our country? Don't make me laugh.

There was nothing Bush could have done to prevent 911. Look at what's going on today with Trump. He wants to ban people who come from countries that have less than adequate citizen histories, and Commie judges are stopping him. Then of course there is the never ending "discrimination" allegations that come from every left-wing news source in America. Bush would have been met with the same (or worse) had he clearer information about the possibility of 911.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Or is everything going to remain a simplistic Left vs. Right slap fight?
Victory at any cost will mean the GOP must include their pedophiles in government.

While I do realize that many people view pretty much everything through a partisan political lens, watching the ends of the spectrum trade gotchas with each other on all these stories coming out is getting funny.

Do you think we are capable of separating the topic of sexual misconduct from partisan politics?

Are there any other topics that we're capable of separating from partisan politics?

Victory at any cost will mean the GOP must include their pedophiles in government.
. So they are adopting Demon-crat standards ?

Everything is politicized.

That would have worked? How?

The hijackers used box cutters to take down three airplanes. WTF could even imagine that before 911? Nobody, not even anybody that works security for our government. It was unimaginable at the time.

But let's just say Bush did so something like that. Do you really think that word wouldn't leak out to the media? How would the Democrats (who were still very sore because of Al Gore) would have handled that information; that Bush was just looking to protect our country? Don't make me laugh.

Guy, airport security hassled Arabs before 9/11 ever happened, I had one guy who had a middle eastern last name, and he said every time he got on a plane, it would be him and a bunch of people in hijabs who got pulled to the side for extra security... every time.

ANd one one said boo about it.

There was nothing Bush could have done to prevent 911. Look at what's going on today with Trump. He wants to ban people who come from countries that have less than adequate citizen histories, and Commie judges are stopping him. Then of course there is the never ending "discrimination" allegations that come from every left-wing news source in America. Bush would have been met with the same (or worse) had he clearer information about the possibility of 911.

Yeah, because in those cases, he wants to ban them because of their religion, even though the countries he lists aren't the ones sending terrorists. They are the ones that haven't set up Trump Hotels, though.

OMG! How the left loves to float the BS. There was no real airport security before 911. You walked into and out of airports with no restraints. You could walk up to the gates with your family. Now, we get more leftwing lies about airport security before 911, what a big lie.

Guy, airport security hassled Arabs before 9/11 ever happened, I had one guy who had a middle eastern last name, and he said every time he got on a plane, it would be him and a bunch of people in hijabs who got pulled to the side for extra security... every time.

Bull. A friend of mine is of Lebanese descent. He told me that he never had a problem boarding planes until after 911. After the TSA went into full swing he got stopped every time.

But that isn't want I'm talking about anyway. In order to have prevented 911, every passenger would be restricted as to what they could bring in their carry on luggage; kind of like the restrictions that went into effect after 911. Afterwards, nobody could bring any sharp objects with them. You couldn't' even carry liquid like hair shampoo or perfume. You couldn't even have a cigarette lighter. The public would have been outraged and made claim it was all Republican BS.

Yeah, because in those cases, he wants to ban them because of their religion, even though the countries he lists aren't the ones sending terrorists. They are the ones that haven't set up Trump Hotels, though.

Most Muslims were never banned from the US. Only from countries where identification and history were clouded.

OMG! How the left loves to float the BS. There was no real airport security before 911. You walked into and out of airports with no restraints. You could walk up to the gates with your family. Now, we get more leftwing lies about airport security before 911, what a big lie.

Agreed. It's been a very long time since I flew in an airplane, but I remember what you are talking about. A few years after 911, my girlfriend had to pickup her brother from the airport, so I drove. When I got to the terminal, there were plenty of parking spaces, so I pulled over and stopped. A cop came running after me like I robbed a bank blowing his whistle. He started screaming at me that I had to move. I explained we were just picking somebody up, again he screamed to get the hell out of there.

You can only stop if the passengers are outside with their luggage ready to enter the vehicle. They only gave us a few seconds too.

It was never like that before, and I've picked up plenty of people from the airport.

Bull. A friend of mine is of Lebanese descent. He told me that he never had a problem boarding planes until after 911. After the TSA went into full swing he got stopped every time.

But that isn't want I'm talking about anyway. In order to have prevented 911, every passenger would be restricted as to what they could bring in their carry on luggage; kind of like the restrictions that went into effect after 911. Afterwards, nobody could bring any sharp objects with them. You couldn't' even carry liquid like hair shampoo or perfume. You couldn't even have a cigarette lighter. The public would have been outraged and made claim it was all Republican BS.

Most Muslims were never banned from the US. Only from countries where identification and history were clouded.

You will find with someone me posters when faced with facts, they make up crap and hope you don’t challenge them. They aren’t very bright.

Dems/media told us in the 90's that character wasn't an issue when Clinton was being investigated. It was BS; but that's what we were told. I do agree that both parties have sliding morality scales.

Again, we've thrown people in jail for less evidence than they have on Moore right now.

Maybe before technology, but today, we have better ways of proving guilt and it has to be pretty compelling to get a conviction. Unless new technology is used, nobody is sent to prison for something that happened over 30 years ago with no evidence other than hearsay.

Bullshit. these Right wing "Christians" (Not really) are all about imposing hteir Bronze Age beliefs on the rest of us. They don't care what Moore did, as long as he does their bidding.

Obviously you don't know Christians then. Their first loyalty is to God. For a leftist, their first loyalty is to their politicians.

Nobody goes to jail for stuff they did 30 years ago except murderers. There is a statute of limitations on all other crimes.

The only exception to this rule, other than murder, is that in some countries, the clock on that statute for sexual abuse victims to lay charges doesn’t start running until they reach the age of majority.

Actually, that is not true. In the US, there are federal crimes other than murder without a statute of limitations, although not many: What are the Statute of Limitations for Federal Crimes? | WK Law and Federal Statutes of Limitations - Federal Charges.com
If you are talking about state charges, there are more, depending on the state: Criminal Statutes of Limitations for All 50 States

It's obviously not common for someone to be convicted of a crime after 30 years, and even less so for crimes other than murder, but here's an example: Fort Lauderdale man convicted of rape — three decades after it happened
The man was convicted of a kidnapping and rape 29 years after it happened.

I doubt anything like this will happen in the case of Roy Moore, though. Very little that Moore has been accused of would even constitute a crime, let alone have enough evidence to bring a conviction. It might effect his political career, but will not become a legal issue IMO.

Really? Before 9/11, I had to walk through a metal detector, even when I was wearing an Army Uniform.

Bush didn't even make the minimum effort AFTER being told that Bin Laden was looking at airplanes.

You mean poor countries that couldn't afford a Trump hotel.

Here's the thing, spanky. not one terrorist came from the countries listed on Trump's list. The 19 9/11 Terrorists, 15 of them were from Saudi Arabia. Maybe we should ban people from Saudi Arabia, but that would upset all the rich Saudis who bankroll the GOP.

Get a clue....you are a threat to national security.....if you're doing anything that you can be blackmailed for.
That is the reason you get a background investigation before getting a security clearance in government.
I've held one before. You can be flagged for any one of the following:

• Financial problems including poor credit
  • Sexual misconduct
  • Criminal activity
  • Drug use prescription or otherwise
  • Paying for home, boats, or autos with cash
  • Taking gifts from donors such as flights on private jets and use of vacation homes
  • Working with foreign governments
  • Taking donations from terrorist organizations like Hamas and CAIR
  • Being a member of groups bent on the overthrow of the government such as Antifa

Get a clue....you are a threat to national security.....if you're doing anything that you can be blackmailed for.
That is the reason you get a background investigation before getting a security clearance in government.

• Sexual misconduct
  • Criminal activity
  • Taking gifts from donors such as flights on private jets and use of vacation homes
  • Being a member of groups bent on the overthrow of the government such as Antifa
Okay, I'll need some help here.

Are you saying that this information justifies how politicized and partisan we've become?

• Sexual misconduct
  • Criminal activity

Are you saying that this information justifies how politicized and partisan we've become?
Even before Bill and Hillary came to Washington, these were issues that could flag your clearance in a government position.
Even being molested when you were 6 can flag your clearance.

A friend of mine was a crewchief on a UH 53 along the DMZ and he admitted that he mooned the N. Korean guards once. They flagged him.
Anything that could embarrass you can be used against you.

• Sexual misconduct
  • Criminal activity

Even before Bill and Hillary came to Washington, these were issues that could flag your clearance in a government position.
Even being molested when you were 6 can flag your clearance.
A friend of mine was a crewchief on a UH 53 along the DMZ and he admitted that he mooned the N. Korean guards once. They flagged him.
Okay.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back