At this point in my life my only reason for living is to make money so I can keep on living...

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be "Thank you, God, now I don't have to worry about saving for retirement."

I know I should be grateful for being alive, but I'm not.

A good friend of mine is dying of cancer. She's made that retirement joke herself. But she's nearing the end now, and it's not as funny. I'm not trying to guilt trip you or anything. But you might be more grateful for life when it's being snatched away from you.

Been there, done all that; now I'm going to work on spoiling my grandchildren rotten and being a annoying burden on my children and in-laws. It's all about payback from hear on out. After Thanksgiving, we're going to Germany and staying til January, and running my son and daughter-in-law ragged, and hopefully getting the grandkids excused absences from school for a few days and ride the rails.

Contrary to popular belief, most Euros do indeed understand English if you yell loud enough.

Been there, done all that; now I'm going to work on spoiling my grandchildren rotten and being a annoying burden on my children and in-laws. It's all about payback from hear on out. After Thanksgiving, we're going to Germany and staying til January, and running my son and daughter-in-law ragged, and hopefully getting the grandkids excused absences from school for a few days and ride the rails.

Contrary to popular belief, most Euros do indeed understand English if you yell loud enough.
I'm divorced, my children are all grown, I really don't have a function any more except to hold down a job,

Been there, done all that;

you're sure it's all over for you, pico who would have guessed ...

I'm divorced, my children are all grown, I really don't have a function any more except to hold down a job, and the only reason I do that is to pay the bills I have to pay which are only necessary because I'm still alive.

You serve God by educating people. Don't sell yourself short.

"At this point in my life my only reason for living is to make money so I can keep on living..."

If this thread still is alive, and you really mean what you have wrote, then at this moment you must have a bunch of money...

If your world is "This is it", then try to find happiness in it. There is no other way.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be

beating feet down to the Walgreens and buying a carton of Camel filters... Quit 7 years ago and after smoking for 43 years the urge still hits me like a big ole Freightliner Semi... I do not fear death and with the way the world is changing... :dunno:
I might take up smoking myself. I was bar hopping Los Angeles with my sister and I smoked a few cigarettes and it wasn't too bad.
Grow up you old crybaby, no one in their right mind takes up smoking at 54. See a shrink you are severely disoriented
I do see a shrink. She tells me my problems aren't really problems compared to her other patients. She sees women who are abused by their husbands, stuff like that.

Sounds like a really shitty shrink.
IF what he said is true.....I rather doubt it.

give me y our money. Live lavishly through me. Enjoy seeing me live like a rich person with your money. Get off your lazy ass and give me your money today!

beating feet down to the Walgreens and buying a carton of Camel filters... Quit 7 years ago and after smoking for 43 years the urge still hits me like a big ole Freightliner Semi... I do not fear death and with the way the world is changing... :dunno:
I might take up smoking myself. I was bar hopping Los Angeles with my sister and I smoked a few cigarettes and it wasn't too bad.
Grow up you old crybaby, no one in their right mind takes up smoking at 54. See a shrink you are severely disoriented
I do see a shrink. She tells me my problems aren't really problems compared to her other patients. She sees women who are abused by their husbands, stuff like that.

Sounds like a really shitty shrink.
IF what he said is true.....I rather doubt it.

Telling someone their problems aren't real, because other people have worse problems, is the act of an incompetent asshole.

Life has been a struggle, and I really don't see a point to it anymore.

I’ve been watching Counterpart on DVDs from the library. A man who has a dead-end job and nothing much going on in his life meets his assertive, accomplished counterpart from a parallel universe.

They learn from each other and, in many ways, the duller man is the better man.

You might enjoy the show.

I’ve been watching Counterpart on DVDs from the library. A man who has a dead-end job and nothing much going on in his life meets his assertive, accomplished counterpart from a parallel universe.

That sounds really interesting. Kind of squares with what I've seem many, many times - where presumably successful, happy people are deeply flawed. Everybody gets a different deal.

Sounds like a Twilight episode.

Sounds like a Twilight episode.

Another perspective on feeling your life is insignificant:

Human history is one big stage production. Some people have roles on the stage. But most of us are in the audience, just sitting and not doing much. But you can't have the show without the audience.

Human history is one big stage production. Some people have roles on the stage. But most of us are in the audience, just sitting and not doing much. But you can't have the show without the audience.

That is a terrible perspective. People are enmeshed in a massive network of interpersonal connections.

Your actions, that effect other people, effect how they effect other people and can have enormous far reaching significance.

We are not just watching the world, we are the world. Indeed, the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.

That is a terrible perspective. People are enmeshed in a massive network of interpersonal connections.

Your actions, that effect other people, effect how they effect other people and can have enormous far reaching significance.

We are not just watching the world, we are the world. Indeed, the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.
the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.

how about, half + 1 ... mostly through deception and greed. that cause the consequences for unfulfilled lives. deliberately by, in fact, minorities. throughout history.

the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.

how about, half + 1 ... mostly through deception and greed. that cause the consequences for unfulfilled lives. deliberately by, in fact, minorities. throughout history.

Nope. And just because the incompetents at the top are doing shit jobs, does not mean that the lives of people in the rest of society are unfulfilled. They just have shittier jobs or a shittier society to operate in.

Nope. And just because the incompetents at the top are doing shit jobs, does not mean that the lives of people in the rest of society are unfulfilled. They just have shittier jobs or a shittier society to operate in.

their own self fulfilling prophesies for unfulfilled lives - as the irony being the op is a (unhappy) selfrighteous christian. who would have guessed.

Forum List

Back