At this point in my life my only reason for living is to make money so I can keep on living...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I'm divorced, my children are all grown, I really don't have a function any more except to hold down a job, and the only reason I do that is to pay the bills I have to pay which are only necessary because I'm still alive.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be "Thank you, God, now I don't have to worry about saving for retirement."

I know I should be grateful for being alive, but I'm not.

Life has been a struggle, and I really don't see a point to it anymore.

I'm divorced, my children are all grown, I really don't have a function any more except to hold down a job, and the only reason I do that is to pay the bills I have to pay which are only necessary because I'm still alive.
Me too. I support a family I hate, who in turn hates me. They feed me, I pay the damn bills.

Please don't look at it this way. You must have things that give you pleasure. You probably have fun MAKING fun of the wacky liberals on here. So look for ANYTHING that you enjoy doing. Eating certain foods, reading, listening to music, it could be anything that you like that you've forgotten about.

I'm 54-years-old and every birthday is just one year closer to getting old and not being able to take care of myself.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be "Thank you, God, now I don't have to worry about saving for retirement."

I'm not scared of death. Everyone dies. I'm scared of lingering life. I'm scared of hanging out in a hospital bed dieing.

You are the memorex for the ones who never lived. You full of experience they'll never see will sup from you like vampires. Your spirit will feed those who've never lived.

I'm not scared of death. Everyone dies. I'm scared of lingering life. I'm scared of hanging out in a hospital bed dieing.
I'm not scared of death. I'm Catholic and I've never killed anyone or committed adultery, so I'm probably good enough to get into heaven. What I fear is getting old, running out of money, and not knowing where to turn. Would my children take care of me? I don't want to be a burden.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be

beating feet down to the Walgreens and buying a carton of Camel filters... Quit 7 years ago and after smoking for 43 years the urge still hits me like a big ole Freightliner Semi... I do not fear death and with the way the world is changing... :dunno:

I'm 54-years-old and every birthday is just one year closer to getting old and not being able to take care of myself.
You're STILL young! I'm 58 years of age, never married, no children, and I live with my sister and our two cats. But I still enjoy life as much as I can and I'm generally happy. Things could be SO much worse for me, I accept my life as it is. And at 54, you could easily fall in love and get married again. So please think about this, 54 is NOT old by today's standards.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be

beating feet down to the Walgreens and buying a carton of Camel filters... Quit 7 years ago and after smoking for 43 years the urge still hits me like a big ole Freightliner Semi... I do not fear death and with the way the world is changing... :dunno:
I might take up smoking myself. I was bar hopping Los Angeles with my sister and I smoked a few cigarettes and it wasn't too bad.

The only way to leave this world is precisely the same way you entered it ...

Naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

I really don't have a function any more
Can you appreciate the little things around you, the little blessings that God bestows? Sometimes I think that God does not get much appreciation. I start with little things, dew drops in the morning, a single flower petal...and simply reflect and appreciate the small beauties around us that so often pass unnoticed and taken for granted. Walking and noticing these things is not only good for the body, it is good for the soul.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes the big stuff gets in the way and becomes a burden. At such time, I turn to small things and it lifts my spirit.

Forum List

Back