At this point in my life my only reason for living is to make money so I can keep on living...

Another perspective on feeling your life is insignificant:

Human history is one big stage production. Some people have roles on the stage. But most of us are in the audience, just sitting and not doing much. But you can't have the show without the audience.

That is a terrible perspective. People are enmeshed in a massive network of interpersonal connections.

Your actions, that effect other people, effect how they effect other people and can have enormous far reaching significance.

We are not just watching the world, we are the world. Indeed, the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.
the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.

how about, half + 1 ... mostly through deception and greed. that cause the consequences for unfulfilled lives. deliberately by, in fact, minorities. throughout history.

Nope. And just because the incompetents at the top are doing shit jobs, does not mean that the lives of people in the rest of society are unfulfilled. They just have shittier jobs or a shittier society to operate in.
Nope. And just because the incompetents at the top are doing shit jobs, does not mean that the lives of people in the rest of society are unfulfilled. They just have shittier jobs or a shittier society to operate in.

their own self fulfilling prophesies for unfulfilled lives - as the irony being the op is a (unhappy) selfrighteous christian. who would have guessed.

No, they don't. Or I should say, no we don't. We did not "prophesies" having unfulfilled lives, nor are we living unfulfilled livers.

Th OP, is one guy who is going though a rough patch, after the kids left and a divorce.

Another perspective on feeling your life is insignificant:

Human history is one big stage production. Some people have roles on the stage. But most of us are in the audience, just sitting and not doing much. But you can't have the show without the audience.

That is a terrible perspective. People are enmeshed in a massive network of interpersonal connections.

Your actions, that effect other people, effect how they effect other people and can have enormous far reaching significance.

We are not just watching the world, we are the world. Indeed, the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.
the "people" on the stage, are in the positions they are because of the support of us.

how about, half + 1 ... mostly through deception and greed. that cause the consequences for unfulfilled lives. deliberately by, in fact, minorities. throughout history.

their own self fulfilling prophesies for unfulfilled lives - as the irony being the op is a (unhappy) selfrighteous christian. who would have guessed.

No, they don't. Or I should say, no we don't. We did not "prophesies" having unfulfilled lives, nor are we living unfulfilled livers.

Th OP, is one guy who is going though a rough patch, after the kids left and a divorce.

not clear who you are referring to -

4th century christianity falsely prophesies all beings are hopeless sinners requiring a messiah to save them, all christians live unfulfilled lives as sinners till their deaths as well in their paradise as they continue to worship their idol.

* no one in the 1st century believed or even thought to think they were hopeless sinners - they dreamed of being free from bondage the true message of that time, the very dream removed by christianity.

4th century christianity falsely prophesies all beings are hopeless sinners requiring a messiah to save them, all christians live unfulfilled lives as sinners till their deaths as well in their paradise as they continue to worship their idol.

* no one in the 1st century believed or even thought to think they were hopeless sinners - they dreamed of being free from bondage the true message of that time, the very dream removed by christianity.

Maybe if you have trouble keeping track of who you are talking about, you should not cut out the beginnings of the conversations you are having, so that you can always look back.

Hint: We were not talking about 4th century Christians.

Maybe if you have trouble keeping track of who you are talking about, you should not cut out the beginnings of the conversations you are having, so that you can always look back.

the previous threads by the op are not relevant to the present one ...

the op is a 4th century christian w/ a self described unfulfilled life - (being) a hopeless sinner, is who you were referring to in reference to we. assuming your being the same. the audience being the majority.

the op is a 4th century christian w/ a self described unfulfilled life - (being) a hopeless sinner, is who you were referring to in reference to we. assuming your being the same. the audience being the majority.

Yes, you are jumping all over the place, making your points. I was not the one having trouble following you. YOu are the one that confused yourself.

Yes, you are jumping all over the place, making your points. I was not the one having trouble following you. YOu are the one that confused yourself.

We did not "prophesies" having unfulfilled lives, nor are we living unfulfilled livers.

10/4 ... and yes i did get confused.

the point for the op was their 4th century religion is why they are unfulfilled.

We did not "prophesies" having unfulfilled lives, nor are we living unfulfilled livers.

the point for the op was their 4th century religion is why they are unfulfilled.

Really? That is what you want to offer to this thread? Your anti-Christian bigotry?

I might take up smoking myself. I was bar hopping Los Angeles with my sister and I smoked a few cigarettes and it wasn't too bad.
Grow up you old crybaby, no one in their right mind takes up smoking at 54. See a shrink you are severely disoriented
I do see a shrink. She tells me my problems aren't really problems compared to her other patients. She sees women who are abused by their husbands, stuff like that.

Sounds like a really shitty shrink.
IF what he said is true.....I rather doubt it.

Telling someone their problems aren't real, because other people have worse problems, is the act of an incompetent asshole.

...who should have her license pulled for malpractice.

Really? That is what you want to offer to this thread? Your anti-Christian bigotry?

I gave my opinion, no one can be fulfilled while they remain sinners as is the narrative of the false 4th century christian religion and that is the condition for the op's dilemma ...

How do you know they are anti-christian?

or bigots?

perhaps they don't believe in ANY religion?

and aren't bigots at all!

I don't believe in any religion and I am not a bigot about it.

I gave my opinion, no one can be fulfilled while they remain sinners as is the narrative of the false 4th century christian religion and that is the condition for the op's dilemma ...

Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people.

Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness.

How do you know they are anti-christian?

or bigots?

perhaps they don't believe in ANY religion?

and aren't bigots at all!

I don't believe in any religion and I am not a bigot about it.

I judged Breezewood based on his words. It is worth noting that in his reply to that post, that he did not deny it.

Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people.

Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness.

"Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people."

I believe they delude themselves.

they only THINK they are happier.

The only way to leave this world is precisely the same way you entered it ...

Naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

When I go, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming in abject terror like his passengers...

"Sure they can. In fact studies generally show religious people, normally Christians, having better happiness than non religious people."

I believe they delude themselves.

they only THINK they are happier.

Errr, you want to back that up with something?

"Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness."

as an atheist I strive to be a better person;

I'm pleasant and conversational with everyone I interact with throughout the day
I help people when i can
I discarded outdated and irrational attitudes towards gays and accept them fully in society
I don't judge ALL muslims or christians just because SOME of them behave badly
I never fart in public
I hold doors for EVERYONE, including ladies who refuse to acknowledge my existence

"Striving for being a better person, possibly getting a sense of meaning from that, is not anti-happiness."

as an atheist I strive to be a better person;

I'm pleasant and conversational with everyone I interact with throughout the day
I help people when i can
I discarded outdated and irrational attitudes towards gays and accept them fully in society
I don't judge ALL muslims or christians just because SOME of them behave badly
I never fart in public
I hold doors for EVERYONE, including ladies who refuse to acknowledge my existence

I was addressing YOUR point that they could not be happy, if they were "sinners" according to their religion.

My point was, that they can.

You can choose to not address that, but in doing so, you will be implicitly conceding your previous point.

If a doctor told me tomorrow I was dying of cancer, my reaction would be

beating feet down to the Walgreens and buying a carton of Camel filters... Quit 7 years ago and after smoking for 43 years the urge still hits me like a big ole Freightliner Semi... I do not fear death and with the way the world is changing... :dunno:
I might take up smoking myself. I was bar hopping Los Angeles with my sister and I smoked a few cigarettes and it wasn't too bad.

If you have nothing to lose, maybe some weed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back