"At is core, Obamacare is about "freedom versus coercion." -Rand Paul

Amen to that.
Strange. I thought it was about taking personal responsibility. Why should I pay for an emergency room visit of another who chooses NOT to purchase insurance? Is it fair that my insurance rate should go up because of the irresponsible behavior of a person who does not pay their hospital bills? I don't think so!

yes, but the TP voted out any goper who actively sought any natl HC insurance proposal. So Rand is sort of like calling to warn us the barn door's open, but the horse is already in the neighbor's pasture.

Amen to that.
Strange. I thought it was about taking personal responsibility. Why should I pay for an emergency room visit of another who chooses NOT to purchase insurance? Is it fair that my insurance rate should go up because of the irresponsible behavior of a person who does not pay their hospital bills? I don't think so!

Bingo. The TP's brainless cry of "overreach" has left the gop in the position of defending a person's right to avoid responsibility, get sick, go to the ER, and let my premiums go up to treat them. It's NOT your father's gop anymore. LOL I wanted Eisenhower and I got Ron Paul. )-:

It is not the right of the uninsured to use, by government initiated force, the looted earnings of the insured. Morality ends where a gun begins.

it's not govt's role to stop you from sucking off my healthcare so you don't have to pay ... or get a job that pays? Really? Have fun come Novembers.

Tomorrow morning, I have to get up at 4:30AM in order to catch a ride from the VA Clinic in Fort Myers and travel to the VA Hospital in Miami.

The reason? I suffer from PDR (proliferative diabetic retinopathy) brought on by my exposure to herbicides in Viet Nam (aka; Agent Orange).

So it's Service Connected.

If you read your Health Insurance Policies, 99% of you will find an exclusion that goes something like this: (excluded) Any service or treatment for which any government agency is responsible.

So I didn't have a choice. I couldn't choose to use my Private Health Insurance unless I wanted to commit Insurance Fraud. And as a licensed Agent, I couldn't very well plead ignorance. Which is your best defense in almost any insurance case.

I won't tell you about the surgeries and laser treatments (getting needles poked in your eye isn't a lot of fun) and how enjoyable they are.

That's not why I called.

I'm also not complaining about the Doctors. They get them from Jackson Memorial/Bascom Palmer and the University of Miami. Not some the best -- THE Best in the world.

But what pisses me off is that I have get up at 4:30AM, drive a half hour to this clinic here, then get in a little shit box car with me in the back seat, cramped up, for a three hour ride to Miami because that's the VA's center for advanced ophthalmology treatment

And I hate Miami. It's a HUGE, GIGANTIC CITY with traffic that rivals Atlanta or Long Island.

Then I gotta fiddle fart around in the hospital, find my driver, hope the other guy getting treatment there is done, and ride three hours back to this clinic and then get in my truck and drive (half blind from the dilated pupils) back home.

Now, you may be thinking, "Sucks to be you" :eusa_hand: but guess what sports fans?

The ACA is gonna do that to you. Not as bad, but they are already doing it in California and people are complaining about having to drive 30 Miles.

Welcome to gubmint healthcare :)

Tomorrow morning, I have to get up at 4:30AM in order to catch a ride from the VA Clinic in Fort Myers and travel to the VA Hospital in Miami.

The reason? I suffer from PDR (proliferative diabetic retinopathy) brought on by my exposure to herbicides in Viet Nam (aka; Agent Orange).

So it's Service Connected.

If you read your Health Insurance Policies, 99% of you will find an exclusion that goes something like this: (excluded) Any service or treatment for which any government agency is responsible.

So I didn't have a choice. I couldn't choose to use my Private Health Insurance unless I wanted to commit Insurance Fraud. And as a licensed Agent, I couldn't very well plead ignorance. Which is your best defense in almost any insurance case.

I won't tell you about the surgeries and laser treatments (getting needles poked in your eye isn't a lot of fun) and how enjoyable they are.

That's not why I called.

I'm also not complaining about the Doctors. They get them from Jackson Memorial/Bascom Palmer and the University of Miami. Not some the best -- THE Best in the world.

But what pisses me off is that I have get up at 4:30AM, drive a half hour to this clinic here, then get in a little shit box car with me in the back seat, cramped up, for a three hour ride to Miami because that's the VA's center for advanced ophthalmology treatment

And I hate Miami. It's a HUGE, GIGANTIC CITY with traffic that rivals Atlanta or Long Island.

Then I gotta fiddle fart around in the hospital, find my driver, hope the other guy getting treatment there is done, and ride three hours back to this clinic and then get in my truck and drive (half blind from the dilated pupils) back home.

Now, you may be thinking, "Sucks to be you" :eusa_hand: but guess what sports fans?

The ACA is gonna do that to you. Not as bad, but they are already doing it in California and people are complaining about having to drive 30 Miles.

Welcome to gubmint healthcare :)

thanks for your service. However, apparantly, you're getting the best docs in the world, and apparantly public transportation so a family member doesn't have to take off from work.

Amen to that.

This will still happen. You and me are picking up the tab of those irresponsible people and our premiums will go up because of it. What do you think 'subsidize' means?

ACA solved nothing, created bureaucracy, gave gov't more power, screwed over joe taxpayer.

Forum List

Back