Assad And ISIS Strategy

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
Assad and ISIS

Bashar al-Assad aided the creation ISIS by releasing many of its original members from Syria's notorious Sednaya prison on May 31, 2011. He then let the group metastasize over three years to build a narrative that if the U.S. wants to choose sides in the Syrian war, it has to choose between the regime and ISIS as both squeeze mainstream rebels.

Bassam Barabandi, who served as a diplomat for several decades in the Syrian Foreign Ministry, explained the strategy in the Atlantic Council:

"Assad first changed the narrative of the newborn Syrian revolution to one of sectarianism, not reform. He then fostered an extremist presence in Syria alongside the activists. Further, he facilitated the influx of foreign extremist fighters to threaten stability in the region. ...

"The Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) emerged as one of those facts created to ensure Assad’s survival as he and his Iranian backers seek to frame this conflict as a regional sectarian issue, with a classical choice between military powers and Sunni extremists."

And as the U.S. drops bombs on ISIS in Iraq to curb an offensive in the north of the country, Assad is bombing the de facto ISIS capital of Raqqa, Syria, to show America that he can be a valuable counterterrorism partner.

"Now that ISIS has fully matured, the Assad regime and Iran offer themselves as partners to the United States," Barabandi wrote. "For the first time, Assad is striking ISIS in Raqqa and locations inside Iraq, in a perverse harvest of the terrorist seeds he planted to quash the civilian-led reform movement."

Given such a cynical plan, it is well within Assad's means and motives to give Western captors to the extremists that he helped make strong.

Read more: How Did ISIS Kidnap James Foley - Business Insider

tc3aate-daechiotteassad-3b.jpg

There is more detailed confirmations and informations from the journal "Business Insider".

Does not become less true because you don't understand, or unwilling to accept, how the game in the region is played.
How the game is played:
Blame the gov´t and therefore the entire people, hail murderous terrorists as bringer of democracy. Dirty game.
All the dirty zombies leaving their conscience behind to be mindless FSA zombies or FSA support zombies are without morals and heart.

You have opened that topic already and it does not become more true by opening it twice.

Does not become less true because you don't understand, or unwilling to accept, how the game in the region is played.
The poor Bleirister and Sally are just repeating the official version story (bad jihadists and good regime) but the game has another rule.

I think Obama is hesitating attacking ISIS because intelligence reports in his desk confirm the links between ISIS and regime in Syria.

The poor Bleirister and Sally are just repeating the official version story (bad jihadists and good regime) but the game has another rule.

I think Obama is hesitating attacking ISIS because intelligence reports in his desk confirm the links between ISIS and regime in Syria.
How can you ignore all the crimes committed by the mindless FSA zombies you are cheering.

How can you ignore all the crimes committed by the mindless FSA zombies you are cheering.
Have you reports from Amnesty or HRW about supposed crimes of the FSA?

where's the fork for ironcross?

Your question unveils, what a character you have, but there are countless reports of FSA crimes, you ignore, because you are just as evil as they are. I have already posted FSA crimes and will not make people puke by showing more, just because some scum denies the crimes. Just google.

Your question unveils, what a character you have, but there are countless reports of FSA crimes, you ignore, because you are just as evil as they are. I have already posted FSA crimes and will not make people puke by showing more, just because some scum denies the crimes. Just google.
I don't believe regime story lies who already expose old footage of militants in Lebanon from 2008 as syrian rebels in press conference, it was propaganda scandal for the regime!

I don't believe regime story lies who already expose old footage of militants in Lebanon from 2008 as syrian rebels in press conference, it was propaganda scandal for the regim!

Don´t know what you are talking about. The FSA murders, beheads, recruits children, etc. and post many of the crimes proudly in the internet. You cannot deny it.

I don't believe regime story lies who already expose old footage of militants in Lebanon from 2008 as syrian rebels in press conference, it was propaganda scandal for the regim!

Don´t know what you are talking about. The FSA murders, beheads, recruits children, etc. and post many of the crimes proudly in the internet. You cannot deny it.

The footage above is supposed to be syrian rebels according to Assad regime but Lebanese medias has exposed the truth: it was old footage in Lebanon.

Amnesty and HRW has exposed american crimes , israeli crimes, Assad regime crimes...give me reports about supposed FSA crimes in Syria?

The footage above is supposed to be syrian rebels according to Assad regime but Lebanese medias has exposed the truth: it was old footage in Lebanon.

Amnesty and HRW has exposed american crimes , israeli crimes, Assad regime crimes...give me reports about supposed FSA crimes in Syria?
You are really making people angry. If you can´t google your beloved western supported islamist murderers´ crimes, it is at least an explanation why you are a big friend of them.

You are really making people angry. If you can´t google your beloved western supported islamist murderers´ crimes, it is at least an explanation why you are a big friend of them.
Do you have an answer?
How do you consider your mates of Hezbollah and terrorists of mollahs?

Do you have an answer?
Hezbollah does a good job in fighting terrorists. They focus on training people in Iraq who want to fight against ISIS. Same for Iran. Good support for the Iraqi army at Baiji. With boots on the ground also in Baghdad.

Do you have an answer?
Hezbollah does a good job in fighting terrorists. They focus on training people in Iraq who want to fight against ISIS. Same for Iran. Good support for the Iraqi army at Baiji. With boots on the ground also in Baghdad.
So you consider Jihadists of Hezbollah and mollah terrorists good mates!!!
Iraq-Shiite-e1374406307324.jpg

Last edited:

You are confusing yourself. ISIS and Nusra have commit such acts.

Forum List

Back