Asking the Brits to label the US states

Asking the Brits to label the US states

It's just as well you are asking the Brits to label the US .......

I wonder what would happen if the shoe is on the other foot? mmmmm? :idea:

and the US has to label Europe?

people living in glass houses should not throw stones......:eusa_angel:

guilty as charged

Europe has goat lot more complicated than when I was a youngster too!

I'd be lucky to get more than 10 states correctly labeled, and I'm a natural born citizen. :) I know the names of all the states, but where they all reside withing the country? Nope.

I haven't a clue what kind of divisions exist within the UK.

I might be able to correctly label a couple of European countries.

I feel no shame about my ignorance, either. It's not as though I've had reason to study the positions of our states for any reason. :lol:

At this point, I'd say I would probably get 80% correct.

I am going to see if there is a test we can do online to see how many states we do now.

I am not politicizing this thread. I know a lot of people don't like this man. But this? I was like - O.O - Whoa.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk]Senator Al Franken draws map of USA - YouTube[/ame]

There's another video where he does it at a group meeting of some sort, that is in real time. I guess once you know how to, you just keep doing it.

I'd be lucky to get more than 10 states correctly labeled, and I'm a natural born citizen. :) I know the names of all the states, but where they all reside withing the country? Nope.

I haven't a clue what kind of divisions exist within the UK.

I might be able to correctly label a couple of European countries.

I feel no shame about my ignorance, either. It's not as though I've had reason to study the positions of our states for any reason. :lol:

At this point, I'd say I would probably get 80% correct.

I am going to see if there is a test we can do online to see how many states we do now.

I am not politicizing this thread. I know a lot of people don't like this man. But this? I was like - O.O - Whoa.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk]Senator Al Franken draws map of USA - YouTube[/ame]

There's another video where he does it at a group meeting of some sort, that is in real time. I guess once you know how to, you just keep doing it.

Might be fun to see how well people score on the standard citizenship test that immigrants must learn.

Mr. State / Mrs. State. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enhanced-buzz-wide-2961-1385467199-9.jpg

To be fair, I couldn't do shit with England itself, never mind GB

It's Thanksgiving So We Asked Brits To Label The United States - We're So Sorry, America

This is my favorite. RIP, Midwest.

I think they did pretty good. Give me a blank map of the USA and I'd be lucky to do as well. :D

Yeah. I would do a better job with the USA than most, not all Brits just as they would likely do a better job labeling European countries than I would. But I got to where I could make 100% every time on this test:

Locate The State Online Learning

But if I was having to label the blank states, I would do okay until all the little states in the northeast and. . .maybe. . . .

Last edited:
I just grabbed a blank map and got them all.

Well, spelling might be a problem, but that state just north of Connecticut was only big enough to fit Mass.

It took a while to remember Minnisota's name, but I knew where it belonged. It seems I can't spell that either.

I'll be honest and say that I couldn't tell you any US state just by looking at it. I probably couldn't find America on a map, either. I used to always get it confused with another country...

In 7th grade, I had an incredible Geography teacher. It is probably rare that someone remembers his Geography teacher, but mine was someone really special, also the school wrestling coach and all-around stern, but fair guy. He was also a farmer who got up at 4 to do the chores before coming to work. Used to eat horseradish raw while teaching class.

He did map-drills almost every day. I won them almost every day.

He gave extra points for being able to sketch out the USA instead of tracing it. I got lots of extra points.

He gave extra points for being able to immediately identify, spelll and say something meaningful about the respective capitol cities, also whether each was the the largest in it's respective state.

He was also politically hyper-charged. He was for Ford in 1976, I was for Carter. We fought like cats and dogs, he and I, during election season of 1976. The 2nd period geography class that year was probably the most lively he ever had. I began a scrapbook of every newspaper article I could find about the election. He and I argued every debatable point about Ford and Carter - during class, before and after map drills, etc. He used to dog me with debate details while I was doing push-ups in gym class, he dogged me over it during wrestling practice. So, I laid down the gauntlet and made a bet with him: if his man won, I would clean up the room after school for the rest of the year. If my man won, I would get a huge steak dinner at the restaurant of my choice.

The steak dinner was delicious.

My Geography teacher died some short years back. I really miss him. He was a helluva teacher, helluva guy.

Last edited:
I think the Brits did a better job with that map than most Americans would

Forum List

Back