Ask G.T. anything re: Diet and Exercise.

Wow thank you..

Well, its not like I'm fat or anything- but I have this little blobbish stomach thing going on that I am not happy about. (Have had it since long before having the kid, had surgery on my bladder as a child, and the muscle never attached itself properly since. It's kinda fun to be able to impersonate a pregnant person on demand, lol- but still embarrassing, nonetheless)
I do not have a boyfriend right now, or I would be exercising more, lol- To be clear, I very much enjoy getting regular exercise, but I have a 10 year old son who does NOT like trying new things, and gives up easily. Its like pulling teeth to get my son to DO anything.. He is a skinny little dude, and he walks about a mile or so a day, to and from his child care after school. He also has a half hour of PE at school, so I am not at all worried about him. The thing is, his father died of a stroke when he was 30, and my dad died at 46 of a heart attack. My son's dad was fat- my dad was not. (my dad ate like shit though and smoked like 80 cigarettes a day, which probably explains it all) I just can't really get out and do as much as I want to do, as often as I want, right now.

I do not want to put a whole lot of anything in my body that will do any of the following:

1) Promote obesity
2) Increase the risk of heart attack or stroke
3) Put me at an increased risk for cancer, esp breast/lung/throat/ female reproductive
4) Promote alizheimers (IOW no heavy metals, lol)

I like water, but it gets a little boring..

I have an oral fixation.. ok. There I said it. I am really just looking for something that I can have a few times a day, that is fun for the mouth, and portable. Are freeze pops okay? Do you know of anything in them that is really considered yuck in the health community, besides sugar? (pure sugar is okay by me- its not that fattening- its the high fructose corn syrup and sodium I want to avoid, lol)

Also, do you have any recipes or suggestions for making iced coffee? I live in FL and we stay hot year round, with the exception of 6-10 weeks a year. Thanks, tremendously, again!!

Well, your facts about sugar are slightly off. You don't want anythingf that's going to promote obesity. Well, here's how fat burning works:

Exercise uses energy. When it uses FAT as its energy, you LOSE it. But the order your body uses energy is Carbs (1st), then Fat (2nd). Sugar is Carbs, the bad kind of carbs. You have to burn that sugar off before your body burns fat. So, instead of the first 15 minutes of exercise burning straight fat, you're using those oral fixations as energy.

If you have an oral fixation for sweets, use natural fruit. Good old fashioned, natural fruit. I don't think artificial sweeteners are safe, persay, and I also highly highly recommend avoiding white powdered sugar.

What the fuck sets you off, Mr. H?

You are a man, correct? Don't you have any fucking testosterone? What the fuck gets your blood boiling? Are you telling me, publicly, that your pussy is getting salty because you won't get yourself to lift weights?

On my way home from work, I get really tired and start doubting whether or not I want to work out.

I begin making excuses, in my mind, like one day is not going to kill me. I had a rough one at work, etc. etc. etc., I'll work double-hard tomorrow. etc.

But really loud, hard rock turns up and negates all of this, the second I hit play. It actually brings me to do it, every time, fool-proof. So I ask, again, doesn't anything get you peeved? :eek:

I just think "what would G.T. do?" :lol:

No - I just know that if I don't do it, I won't feel as good as if I do the exercise.

Plus, I am shallow enough to enjoy being able to wear smaller clothes and feel darned good about how I look. :cool:

Well, your facts about sugar are slightly off. You don't want anythingf that's going to promote obesity. Well, here's how fat burning works:

Exercise uses energy. When it uses FAT as its energy, you LOSE it. But the order your body uses energy is Carbs (1st), then Fat (2nd). Sugar is Carbs, the bad kind of carbs. You have to burn that sugar off before your body burns fat. So, instead of the first 15 minutes of exercise burning straight fat, you're using those oral fixations as energy.

If you have an oral fixation for sweets, use natural fruit. Good old fashioned, natural fruit. I don't think artificial sweeteners are safe, persay, and I also highly highly recommend avoiding white powdered sugar.

Stevia can be a good substitute. Natural and many times sweeter than sugar, so you don't have to use much. Doesn't contribute to tooth decay and has basically no caloric value, if any, I believe.

did you eat well and exercise on the honeymoon..where are the pics?

The pics are on my facebook page in a folder called, "Honeymoon" (genius name?).

For my "real" name, this requires a private message. :razz:

I just think "what would G.T. do?" :lol:

No - I just know that if I don't do it, I won't feel as good as if I do the exercise.

Plus, I am shallow enough to enjoy being able to wear smaller clothes and feel darned good about how I look. :cool:

It actually makes me feel good everytime someone gets a good benefit from the little nudge I gave them. I haven't really trained many people through on-line, so you gave me a good few smiles :razz:

Small clothes are cool, but it kind of gets me heated that none of my fu$%ing jeans fit, even with a belt. :(

It actually makes me feel good everytime someone gets a good benefit from the little nudge I gave them. I haven't really trained many people through on-line, so you gave me a good few smiles :razz:

Small clothes are cool, but it kind of gets me heated that none of my fu$%ing jeans fit, even with a belt. :(

Cool. It's win-win, then. :D

If your pants won't stay up without a belt, then you just gotta wear boxers underneath and let 'em slide like others do. You'll be cool.:cool:

Cool. It's win-win, then. :D

If your pants won't stay up without a belt, then you just gotta wear boxers underneath and let 'em slide like others do. You'll be cool.:cool:

:eusa_eh: Although I'm a Rapper, I'm not a Gangster rapper. :lol:

:eusa_eh: Although I'm a Rapper, I'm not a Gangster rapper. :lol:

Now somebody tells me I gotta be a Gangster rapper to pull that look off. :eusa_doh:

Well for chicks its aight. Dudes, though, I don't wanna see now man-ass hangin out his shorts. Some dudes even wear white boxers and it looks like someone tried to paint a tree up their buttcrack :eek: ewwey.

I have to maintain sexiness at all costs, or else my ego is damaged and I lose all feeling of self-worth because it's not about what's on the inside, it's outside and I'm shallow and doofy and I need to relax on the caffeine this afternoon.

Well for chicks its aight. Dudes, though, I don't wanna see now man-ass hangin out his shorts. Some dudes even wear white boxers and it looks like someone tried to paint a tree up their buttcrack :eek: ewwey.

I have to maintain sexiness at all costs, or else my ego is damaged and I lose all feeling of self-worth because it's not about what's on the inside, it's outside and I'm shallow and doofy and I need to relax on the caffeine this afternoon.

:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Wow thank you..

Well, its not like I'm fat or anything- but I have this little blobbish stomach thing going on that I am not happy about. (Have had it since long before having the kid, had surgery on my bladder as a child, and the muscle never attached itself properly since. It's kinda fun to be able to impersonate a pregnant person on demand, lol- but still embarrassing, nonetheless)
I do not have a boyfriend right now, or I would be exercising more, lol- To be clear, I very much enjoy getting regular exercise, but I have a 10 year old son who does NOT like trying new things, and gives up easily. Its like pulling teeth to get my son to DO anything.. He is a skinny little dude, and he walks about a mile or so a day, to and from his child care after school. He also has a half hour of PE at school, so I am not at all worried about him. The thing is, his father died of a stroke when he was 30, and my dad died at 46 of a heart attack. My son's dad was fat- my dad was not. (my dad ate like shit though and smoked like 80 cigarettes a day, which probably explains it all) I just can't really get out and do as much as I want to do, as often as I want, right now.

I do not want to put a whole lot of anything in my body that will do any of the following:

1) Promote obesity
3) Put me at an increased risk for cancer, esp breast/lung/throat/ female reproductive

I have an oral fixation.. ok. There I said it. I am really just looking for something that I can have a few times a day, that is fun for the mouth, and portable. Are freeze pops okay? Do you know of anything in them that is really considered yuck in the health community, besides sugar? (pure sugar is okay by me- its not that fattening- its the high fructose corn syrup and sodium I want to avoid, lol)

Also, do you have any recipes or suggestions for making iced coffee? I live in FL and we stay hot year round, with the exception of 6-10 weeks a year. Thanks, tremendously, again!!

Thanks.. I dont eat a whole lot of sugar as it is. I love peaches, and plums, and oranges, instead. That was a good tip, by the way..

However, I do like sweet drinks, and like I said, I do not mind having it in my drinks. I personally do not see the harm in having a couple of popsicles, for instance.. I am really looking for some guidance on finding sweet drinks that are just *LESS* fattening and *LOWER* in calories than your average bottle of pop (250 calories- and very high in sugar and carbs)

I would love to get a juicer- but I cannot afford one right now, as a student. Well, actually maybe I could, if I looked on craigslist or something.. Hmmmm...

I will be in touch, give you an update on my juicer search, lol.. Thanks for the advice and info. =) This thread is really cute..

Wow thank you..

1) Promote obesity

Thanks.. I dont eat a whole lot of sugar as it is. I love peaches, and plums, and oranges, instead. That was a good tip, by the way..

However, I do like sweet drinks, and like I said, I do not mind having it in my drinks. I personally do not see the harm in having a couple of popsicles, for instance.. I am really looking for some guidance on finding sweet drinks that are just *LESS* fattening and *LOWER* in calories than your average bottle of pop (250 calories- and very high in sugar and carbs)

I would love to get a juicer- but I cannot afford one right now, as a student. Well, actually maybe I could, if I looked on craigslist or something.. Hmmmm...

I will be in touch, give you an update on my juicer search, lol.. Thanks for the advice and info. =) This thread is really cute..

:eek: That is SOOOOO weird that you'd mention this. I got an email from my fian.......no, my wife, (always doing that); 2 days ago asking me if we can get the Juicer from that infomercial. $169.00 online? pppfffftftttt, I told her.

So last night, we go to return a Bracelet to JC Penny because the clasp was faulty. They would only put the funds back on my JC Penny card, and not give us cash. I argued with the manager, but he wasn't budging. I wanted my credit accounts all zero'd-out because I'm buying an investment property to remodel this winter.

So he puts the $190 on my card. Girl picks out a pocket-book. Then, as we're browsing, it hits me. "What would you normally not spend money on?"

Went to the kitchen section.

The same juicer was there, except it wasn't chromed-out like the TV one. $99.00. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Ha! Great story!! And the irony about your wife wanting one, too, is not without its merits! :lol:

Sounds like Im headed to Penny's lol.. Thanks so much GT..

Hey I have another question for ya- how do you block an abusive person on this board? I know its not health related, but I figured maybe you would know these things, being that you da man and all.. <wink>

:eusa_angel:

I don't know how to "block," but to ignore them (won't be able to see their posts) click the icon picture next to their name, then click user-lists, then click add to ignore.

If you come back and tell me how far you've come along in a few weeks, I will change this routine completely b/c it's simply a "break you in" type of deal.

If you're already more advanced than this, we can bust your ass a little further but if not try this for a few weeks and see how you feel. No pigging out. :razz:

Ok. I know I'm going to regret saying this, but you might as well start on the next routine. You no longer get cursed to the deepest cesspools of vile things on a daily basis, so it's safe to say that the current routine is no longer pushing me to the limit. :D

Eve, I have a couple of questions for you:

#1.). Is it the Cardio that can be enhanced, or the weight-training-routine, or both?
#2.). Were you up to doing real pushups, or the modified, on your knees version?
#3.). How heavy were your handweights, and do you have money/power/access/time to grab a new pair if it's recommended? (A yes or no is fine).
#4.). Are you still an excellent little angel with your diet?
#5.). Would you like to keep it to an hour, maximum time of devotion? If-so, that is fine.
#6.). On a scale of 1-5, how much "harder" would you say you're ready for. (5 being maximum difficulty).

I'll need all 6, and I can get to work.

Eve, I have a couple of questions for you:

#1.). Is it the Cardio that can be enhanced, or the weight-training-routine, or both?
#2.). Were you up to doing real pushups, or the modified, on your knees version?
#3.). How heavy were your handweights, and do you have money/power/access/time to grab a new pair if it's recommended? (A yes or no is fine).
#4.). Are you still an excellent little angel with your diet?
#5.). Would you like to keep it to an hour, maximum time of devotion? If-so, that is fine.
#6.). On a scale of 1-5, how much "harder" would you say you're ready for. (5 being maximum difficulty).

I'll need all 6, and I can get to work.

1.) Probably the cardio, for the most part. Weight training is going well, could maybe up it a little but I don't want to end up bulky.

2.) Some real pushups, some modified. I do as many as I can real ones then finish with the others.

3.) I have been using 2# handweights for the first 3 sets, then 4# ones for the last set. Depending on what is needed, I can probably get different handweights if you suggest.

4.) My diet has actually been better since starting your routine. Or I eat less snacky stuff anyway. Smaller, good meals 3 times a day, more water ... and only dark chocolate. :eusa_angel:

5.)An hour is pretty much all I can give it right now, unless it were split up - 20 or 30 min. in the AM and an hour in the PM. Something like that would work, but the 1 hr. thing works pretty well.

6.) Hmmm ... I was thinking just the next step up. Don't want to get crazy here, you know. :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back