Ask G.T. anything re: Diet and Exercise.

It is the most convenient, easily doable thing for me right now, given current limitations/circumstances.

Alright, I feel you.

So here we go. I'll use an hour as your workout time.

Do 4 sets of pushups, (on your knees if you're a beginner, and each set doing as many as you can do), and after each set....... stand right up, and right away while you're still burning, do side and front raises with your hand weights. This, done each day, will tone your tri's, shoulders, upper back, chest, but will not make you bulk at all. Also, ab workouts can be complex, and also hard to explain over the computer so for now I'll keep it basic and have you just do some basic sit-ups (4 sets/day).

If you come back and tell me how far you've come along in a few weeks, I will change this routine completely b/c it's simply a "break you in" type of deal.

So this should take you roughly 20-minutes, leaving 40 for the bike.

Every-other day, do an interval training, and every other day a straight distance.

Interval training: Do a ten minute warm-up @ about 60%.
Then, for 15 minutes, do 100% max for a minute, then around 30% for a minute (on and off for the whole 15). Them a 5-minute cool-down.

On distance days, do 40-minutes at a standard pace, but each time try and get a farther distance within those 40-minutes.

This a good starter?

If you're already more advanced than this, we can bust your ass a little further but if not try this for a few weeks and see how you feel. No pigging out. :razz:

Alright, I feel you.

Do 4 sets of pushups, (on your knees if you're a beginner, and each set doing as many as you can do), and after each set....... stand right up, and right away while you're still burning, do side and front raises with your hand weights. This, done each day, will tone your tri's, shoulders, upper back, chest, but will not make you bulk at all. Also, ab workouts can be complex, and also hard to explain over the computer so for now I'll keep it basic and have you just do some basic sit-ups (4 sets/day).

If you come back and tell me how far you've come along in a few weeks, I will change this routine completely b/c it's simply a "break you in" type of deal.

Every-other day, do an interval training, and every other day a straight distance.

Then, for 15 minutes, do 100% max for a minute, then around 30% for a minute (on and off for the whole 15). Them a 5-minute cool-down.

On distance days, do 40-minutes at a standard pace, but each time try and get a farther distance within those 40-minutes.

This a good starter?

If you're already more advanced than this, we can bust your ass a little further but if not try this for a few weeks and see how you feel. No pigging out. :razz:

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

On the other hand, if I don't show back up, you can assume that 1) I have dropped dead after attempting a regular exercise schedule or 2) that I decided I'm ok the way I am and currently have a bag of Dove chocolates as my new best friend. ;)

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

On the other hand, if I don't show back up, you can assume that 1) I have dropped dead after attempting a regular exercise schedule or 2) that I decided I'm ok the way I am and currently have a bag of Dove chocolates as my new best friend. ;)

Score bars are where it's at lady!!

Is that so? Hmmm ... may have to check on that.

As of now, I have a stash of LUNA bars for emergency snacks, etc. They usually satisfy me pretty well and don't make me crave more ... like a bag of chips would. :redface:

Is that so? Hmmm ... may have to check on that.

As of now, I have a stash of LUNA bars for emergency snacks, etc. They usually satisfy me pretty well and don't make me crave more ... like a bag of chips would. :redface:

Yea, they're like an amazing mix of heath and chocolate. A perfect bite. Damn I want one. (reminds self of honeymoon in 3 wks).

Alright, I feel you.

This a good starter?

Does your new wife know what a sadistic person you are? :doubt:

sa⋅dism  /ˈseɪdɪzəm, ˈsædɪz-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sey-diz-uhm, sad-iz-] Show IPA
Use sadistic in a Sentence
See web results for sadistic
See images of sadistic
–noun 1. Psychiatry. sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others. Compare masochism.
2. any enjoyment in being cruel.
3. extreme cruelty.

:confused: The only joy I get out of answering your question(s) is that I was able to hopefully help someone. The pain is irrelevant, but no pain, no gain. :razz:

sa⋅dism  /ˈseɪdɪzəm, ˈsædɪz-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sey-diz-uhm, sad-iz-] Show IPA
Use sadistic in a Sentence
See web results for sadistic
See images of sadistic
–noun 1. Psychiatry. sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others. Compare masochism.
2. any enjoyment in being cruel.
3. extreme cruelty.

:confused: The only joy I get out of answering your question(s) is that I was able to hopefully help someone. The pain is irrelevant, but no pain, no gain. :razz:

I was being dramatic.

Although I do think mean thoughts about you on alternating minutes for 15 minutes of every other day. Don't take it personal. ;)

And I must say the results have been amazing, so even if I may curse the fact that I asked for your input, later on I mention your name in association with those being sainted. :D

I was being dramatic.

Although I do think mean thoughts about you on alternating minutes for 15 minutes of every other day. Don't take it personal. ;)

And I must say the results have been amazing, so even if I may curse the fact that I asked for your input, later on I mention your name in association with those being sainted. :D

I didn't know you were a funny lil mo' fo,' but I like it and I'll make note of it. :)

Funny is relative and subjective and whatnot. But we all have our moments.

In theory, everything is relative; and so, I guess logic dictates we are all incessed? :eusa_eh: (non-virgins anyways). hmmf. You raise good points, all across the board.

Honeymoon was great. I have pics on facebook, but that's for PM's and not a post cuz of my real name and all of that. :)

GT- I need help finding a good soda that is NOT diet, and has no saccharin in it, and is tasty, but IS low in calories- and is cheap (close to the cost of a bottle of soda is okay). It can have caffeine, or not- I like caffeine, but I need to probably come down from my Dr Pepper high, lol.. And no the diet Dr Pepper does not taste anything like the regular kind. Yuk!! I hate saccharin.

I tend to lose weight when I have a boyfriend (for obvious reasons) but I am without a man right now, and need to reduce my calories and still fulfill my oral fixation. I always have a drink on hand. Can't go without it, lol- or I eat or chew on stuff, and I smoke too. Its gross, but I still love it.

I am female, and I like sweet drinks, some teas, and all coffees. Flavored water is okay.. and I am open to buying tons of freeze pops.. =)

Oh and another question- I have seen ads on TV saying that drinking milk helps your figure.. Is chocolate milk (milk and hershey's syrup) a good alternative to sodas, and if so, how many 8 oz glasses should I drink per day?

Thanks for your help!!! I appreciate this thread.. :clap2:

GT- I need help finding a good soda that is NOT diet, and has no saccharin in it, and is tasty, but IS low in calories- and is cheap (close to the cost of a bottle of soda is okay). It can have caffeine, or not- I like caffeine, but I need to probably come down from my Dr Pepper high, lol.. And no the diet Dr Pepper does not taste anything like the regular kind. Yuk!! I hate saccharin.

I tend to lose weight when I have a boyfriend (for obvious reasons) but I am without a man right now, and need to reduce my calories and still fulfill my oral fixation. I always have a drink on hand. Can't go without it, lol- or I eat or chew on stuff, and I smoke too. Its gross, but I still love it.

I am female, and I like sweet drinks, some teas, and all coffees. Flavored water is okay.. and I am open to buying tons of freeze pops.. =)

Oh and another question- I have seen ads on TV saying that drinking milk helps your figure.. Is chocolate milk (milk and hershey's syrup) a good alternative to sodas, and if so, how many 8 oz glasses should I drink per day?

Thanks for your help!!! I appreciate this thread.. :clap2:

I'm not sure such a Soda exists, just being honest. Usually, the lack of Sugar lowers the Calories but the Sugar is replaced with artificial sweeteners, something you stated you'd like to avoid.

Soda should be avoided at all costs. They're right now determining whether it has a direct link to Diabetes.

I'd ask you .... you want to lose weight, but how bad do you want it? Sure, 8oz. of milk a day will help you not only with Vitamins and it's speculated that it encourages your body to release stored fat; but adding the Choc. Syrup pretty much negates its health benefits.

Also, the Hormones they use on Cows these days are scary, and linked to certain types of tumors. Try and find Natural milk if drinking any.

If you're serious about getting healthy, I'd recommend getting used to Water. H2O. It's your life-blood. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help, if this even helped at all. :razz:

I'm not sure such a Soda exists, just being honest. Usually, the lack of Sugar lowers the Calories but the Sugar is replaced with artificial sweeteners, something you stated you'd like to avoid.

Soda should be avoided at all costs. They're right now determining whether it has a direct link to Diabetes.

I'd ask you .... you want to lose weight, but how bad do you want it? Sure, 8oz. of milk a day will help you not only with Vitamins and it's speculated that it encourages your body to release stored fat; but adding the Choc. Syrup pretty much negates its health benefits.

Also, the Hormones they use on Cows these days are scary, and linked to certain types of tumors. Try and find Natural milk if drinking any.

If you're serious about getting healthy, I'd recommend getting used to Water. H2O. It's your life-blood. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help, if this even helped at all. :razz:

Wow thank you..

Well, its not like I'm fat or anything- but I have this little blobbish stomach thing going on that I am not happy about. (Have had it since long before having the kid, had surgery on my bladder as a child, and the muscle never attached itself properly since. It's kinda fun to be able to impersonate a pregnant person on demand, lol- but still embarrassing, nonetheless)
I do not have a boyfriend right now, or I would be exercising more, lol- To be clear, I very much enjoy getting regular exercise, but I have a 10 year old son who does NOT like trying new things, and gives up easily. Its like pulling teeth to get my son to DO anything.. He is a skinny little dude, and he walks about a mile or so a day, to and from his child care after school. He also has a half hour of PE at school, so I am not at all worried about him. The thing is, his father died of a stroke when he was 30, and my dad died at 46 of a heart attack. My son's dad was fat- my dad was not. (my dad ate like shit though and smoked like 80 cigarettes a day, which probably explains it all) I just can't really get out and do as much as I want to do, as often as I want, right now.

I do not want to put a whole lot of anything in my body that will do any of the following:

1) Promote obesity
2) Increase the risk of heart attack or stroke
3) Put me at an increased risk for cancer, esp breast/lung/throat/ female reproductive
4) Promote alizheimers (IOW no heavy metals, lol)

I like water, but it gets a little boring..

I have an oral fixation.. ok. There I said it. I am really just looking for something that I can have a few times a day, that is fun for the mouth, and portable. Are freeze pops okay? Do you know of anything in them that is really considered yuck in the health community, besides sugar? (pure sugar is okay by me- its not that fattening- its the high fructose corn syrup and sodium I want to avoid, lol)

Also, do you have any recipes or suggestions for making iced coffee? I live in FL and we stay hot year round, with the exception of 6-10 weeks a year. Thanks, tremendously, again!!

I'm staring at a Schwinn Airdyne and a set of free weights.

They're staring back like that stupid shit stack of money with the eyeballs.

Why can't we connect?

We're all collecting dust.

I'm staring at a Schwinn Airdyne and a set of free weights.

They're staring back like that stupid shit stack of money with the eyeballs.

Why can't we connect?

We're all collecting dust.

What the fuck sets you off, Mr. H?

You are a man, correct? Don't you have any fucking testosterone? What the fuck gets your blood boiling? Are you telling me, publicly, that your pussy is getting salty because you won't get yourself to lift weights?

On my way home from work, I get really tired and start doubting whether or not I want to work out.

I begin making excuses, in my mind, like one day is not going to kill me. I had a rough one at work, etc. etc. etc., I'll work double-hard tomorrow. etc.

But really loud, hard rock turns up and negates all of this, the second I hit play. It actually brings me to do it, every time, fool-proof. So I ask, again, doesn't anything get you peeved? :eek:

Forum List

Back