Ask a Progressive

1. Is government the answer to every problem? NO

2. Why did Obama run as a fiscal Conservative? He didn't.

3. If mankind is warming the planet with CO2 how come you can't replicate the results in even a single laboratory experiment? Because there is no laboratory that you can compare to the planet and almost 200 years of industrialization.

4. Are you ever going to address the funding shortfalls in the Federal social programs? The feds do almost every couple of decades. There is no 'magic' formula that once enacted you can leave it in place in perpetuity.

5. Is there any Democrat currently in government that is "too far Left"? Yes.

From a progressive.

Thank you.

In regards to #1, can you give me some Progressive solutions that involved something other than More and Bigger Government?

In regards to Obama's fiscal Conservatism, were you aware of the following?

Q: This year’s deficit will reach $455 billion. Won’t some programs you are proposing have to be eliminated?

OBAMA: Every dollar I’ve proposed, I’ve proposed an additional cut hat it matches. To give an example, we spend $15 billion a year on subsidies to insurance companies. It doesn’t help seniors get better. It’s a giveaway. I want to go through the federal budget line by line, programs that don’t work, we cut. Programs we need, we should make them work better. Once we get through this economic crisis, we’re going to have to embrace a culture of responsibility, all of us, corporations, the federal government, & individuals who may be living beyond their means

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILe40aYhPg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Obama / McCain 3rd Debate, Part 13 - Cutting Programs[/ame]

"what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.... What I want to emphasize ... is that I have been a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go. Every dollar that I've proposed, I've proposed an additional cut so that it matches."

In regards to #1, can you give me some Progressive solutions that involved something other than More and Bigger Government?

We haven't had a progressive government since Teddy Roosevelt. But one of the solutions implemented back then to addres problem that didn't grow the government were labor unions. Created to counter the madness of the 'robber barons'.

Q: This year’s deficit will reach $455 billion. Won’t some programs you are proposing have to be eliminated?

Actually, this years deficit will be more than that. I heard a report this morning on NPR that as of today, it's at $900 billion and change. We are in a period that is made for deficit spending. When the economy runs off the cliff and the private sector is guarding it's marbles, there is only the government to inject money in an attempt to get the private sector to come out and play again. The deficit spending under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II was unnecessary. Those were times of prosperity. During those times the government should have been increasing deficits, but paying off past ones.

We haven't had a progressive government since Teddy Roosevelt. But one of the solutions implemented back then to addres problem that didn't grow the government were labor unions. Created to counter the madness of the 'robber barons'.

Actually, this years deficit will be more than that. I heard a report this morning on NPR that as of today, it's at $900 billion and change. We are in a period that is made for deficit spending. When the economy runs off the cliff and the private sector is guarding it's marbles, there is only the government to inject money in an attempt to get the private sector to come out and play again. The deficit spending under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II was unnecessary. Those were times of prosperity. During those times the government should have been increasing deficits, but paying off past ones.

Do you have any other Progressive solution that post date the era of wooden teeth?

So, are you agreeing Obama campaigned as a fiscal conservative or were you hoping I'd ignore your answers?

Forum List

Back