Ask a cop a question...

What "personal stuff" am I "resorting" to?

While I haven't met any advanced med students or interns in recent years, in addition to the one I mentioned earlier I did meet several others through my late wife when we were younger. The one thing I recall about each and every one of them is they all seemed exhausted and complained about study pressures, exams and/or the long hours on rotations and not having time for anything else.

So if Go To Hell is in fact a medical intern I am curious to know what is different about his situation. And if he is in fact a medical intern there is no good reason why I didn't get a simple matter-of-fact reply to my question.

If you have any questions relating to anything I've volunteered about my personal or professional life please don't hesitate to ask.

And please climb down from the scolding perch because there is no basis for your complaint.

Here's your simple, matter of fact, explanation: I am not an intern.

An intern is a full fledged physician in their first year of residency training. I never claimed to be an intern. You obviously don't know the difference between Medical Student and Resident. Furthermore, I just entered my senior year and am on a relatively easy rotation and enjoying a breather after being on hard rotations for a solid year.

You might notice I was basically AWOL in March and April. That was a black hole known as Surgery Rotation.

I hope you bought the book of 'pimp' questions. My favorinte in psych is 'what's the first metabolite of Thorazine.' Actually when you are thinking about Soma, that can be quite an interesting answer!!!!

Pimping is less fun when you cheat.

My best pimpage of the year.

Resident to me: "What is the surgical management of a abdominal aortic dissection?"

Me: <Long pause + stupid look>

Resident: "If you have to think about it that long, you don't know. The answer is: there is none."

You know, I don't think thorazine is really used much anymore. I don't think I've heard of it used outside of "Ghostbusters". It might not be in the pimping repertoire anymore.

Here's your simple, matter of fact, explanation: I am not an intern.

An intern is a full fledged physician in their first year of residency training. I never claimed to be an intern. You obviously don't know the difference between Medical Student and Resident. Furthermore, I just entered my senior year and am on a relatively easy rotation and enjoying a breather after being on hard rotations for a solid year.

You might notice I was basically AWOL in March and April. That was a black hole known as Surgery Rotation.

I hope you bought the book of 'pimp' questions. My favorinte in psych is 'what's the first metabolite of Thorazine.' Actually when you are thinking about Soma, that can be quite an interesting answer!!!!

Pimping is less fun when you cheat.

My best pimpage of the year.

Resident to me: "What is the surgical management of a abdominal aortic dissection?"

Me: <Long pause + stupid look>

Resident: "If you have to think about it that long, you don't know. The answer is: there is none."

You know, I don't think thorazine is really used much anymore. I don't think I've heard of it used outside of "Ghostbusters". It might not be in the pimping repertoire anymore.

Correct. Thorazine isn't used much, but there are still a few who have never acclimated to anything else. There were no atypical antipsychotics when I went into this. Imagine! All those horrible movement disorders.

I don't even remember the last pimp question that was asked. All I remember is how I answered it. I turned, faced the jackass, and said 'You're a doctor. Don't you know THAT?' Ended it all!

I was already a licensed RN & NP, board certified, and had a DEA number. The state and my credentialing board found me competent, it was not HIS place to test me. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back