Asian Sauce Recipe

True: I don't really know wtf the stuff is, but some of it must be used in almost all chinese food. I had a bottle and ran out, began making stuff without it, and thought "Samson, WTF are YOU DOING!!!"

The basic variety includes anise, cinnamon, fennel, cloves, and pepper. I have a rub which is a 12 spice version with the additions of cardamom, chipotle, cumin and some citrus flavoring - it's great for grilling.

a 12 spice? Product Label Name?

GARAM MASALA

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 14 minutes
Ingredients:
4 tbsps coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1 ½ tsps black cumin seeds (shahjeera)
1 ½ tsps dry ginger
¾ tsp black cardamom (3-4 large pods approx)
¾ tsp cloves
¾ tsp cinnamon (2 X 1” pieces)
¾ tsp crushed bay leaves
Preparation:
Heat a heavy skillet on a medium flame and gently roast all ingredients (leave cardamom in its pods till later) except the dry ginger, till they turn a few shades darker. Stir occasionally. Do not be tempted to speed up the process by turning up the heat as the spices will burn on the outside and remain raw on the inside.
When the spices are roasted turn of the flame and allow them to cool.
Once cooled, remove the cardamom seeds from their skins and mix them back with all the other roasted spices.
Grind them all together, to a fine powder in a clean, dry coffee grinder.
Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dark place

The Magic Spice - Garam Masala

Actually,you find basic red sauce in Asian and African cuisine.

Tomato Sauce
Ingredients
1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
1cup chopped onion
6 Roma tomatoes peeled, seeded, and diced
1tbl tomato paste
Salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste

http://asiarecipe.com/phisauce.html#tomato

Last edited:

Tomato Sauce
Ingredients
4 garlic cloves minced
1cup chopped onion
1tbl tomato paste
Salt to taste

Philippine asian sauce marinade recipes

No garlic?

It might be "Basic Red Sauce" but it sure and hell isn't Italian

Olive Oil?

Olives don't grow in Asia outside the Middle East.

it's Filipino.

I'm still trying to figure out how East Indians can be Asian when they're right in the middle of Africa.

The basic variety includes anise, cinnamon, fennel, cloves, and pepper. I have a rub which is a 12 spice version with the additions of cardamom, chipotle, cumin and some citrus flavoring - it's great for grilling.

Damn, I was hoping it had Ground Targ Tusk, Gagh, or dried Regulan bloodworm.

Those are in the Altairian version.

The Altairian Version must be what they're putting in jared, prepared red, yellow, and green Thai curry. In a vain attempt at convenience, I've found these very disappointing.

Tomato Sauce
Ingredients
4 garlic cloves minced
1cup chopped onion
1tbl tomato paste
Salt to taste

Philippine asian sauce marinade recipes

No garlic?

It might be "Basic Red Sauce" but it sure and hell isn't Italian

Olive Oil?

Olives don't grow in Asia outside the Middle East.

yet many Asian dishes call for garlic..:eusa_whistle:

Garlic in History

Garlic is among the oldest known horticultural crops. In the Old World, Egyptian and Indian cultures referred to garlic 5000 years ago and there is clear historical evidence for its use by the Babylonians 4500 years ago and by the Chinese 2000 years ago. Some writings suggest that garlic was grown in China as far back as 4000 years ago.

Garlic grows wild only in Central Asia (centered in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) today. Earlier in history garlic grew wild over a much larger region and, in fact, wild garlic may have occurred in an area from China to India to Egypt to the Ukraine.

This region where garlic has grown in the wild is referred to as its "center of origin" since this is the geographic region where the crop originated and the only place where...

Vegetable Crops Research Unit : Simon: Garlic Origins

The olive is native to the Mediterranean region, tropical and central Asia and various parts of Africa. Olives grow on a tree.

http://www.qa02.com/Science/how-are-olives-grown.html
...in some parts of Guangdong, Sichuan, and Fujian provinces (Southern China), where olives are generally consumed there for millennia.

Some olive species are native to East Asia.

So the answer is yes. But olives used in Chinese cuisine are more likely to be preserved, and Chinese also consume olive leaves.

Yes there is olive oil in China. And most olives in China are grown locally, and consumed by locals.

An ideal olive growing region in China is the Chaozhou plain in Guangdong.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100224053229AAAC3fz

Last edited:
Are you trying to make a Black Bean Shrimp stir fry? The sauce is an acceptable sub for the black beans in any dish that calls for them. My wife goes through oyster sauce like people change their socks...she uses it as a flavor enhancer in numerous dishes.

I bought a pretty decent BB Sauce. I do not like much about it. I always like making my own variation of a sauce. I'll go for a taste I love either from a home or a restaurant or a store. Then I try and find out what's in it and from there...lots of crappy experiments. :lol:

but I'll eat almost anything I mess up.

Last edited:
Oh my god.
I did think India was in the middle of Africa.

What the fuck was wrong with the United states that they stopped teaching global geography when I was in school? I didn't have one geography class. And it fucking KILLS me. I'm constantly having to look things up to see where they're located. Even STATES.

Oh my god.
I did think India was in the middle of Africa.

What the fuck was wrong with the United states that they stopped teaching global geography when I was in school? I didn't have one geography class. And it fucking KILLS me. I'm constantly having to look things up to see where they're located. Even STATES.

Doesn't matter. Samson's claim to be on a higher plain, is just bullshit.

Forum List

Back