Bang Bang bowls

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
One of the easiest kinds of Asian dishes to make is a simple Bang Bang rice bowl.
Restaurants have been selling them for years, but you can make bang bang sauce in less than a minute. And it will taste exactly the same as that $12 rice bowl you like.
There are numerous versions of bang bang sauce on the internet.
This is mine...
You can make this with mayo or greek yogurt. Both are good, but if you are going for the less fat version, I would advise you to at least make it half mayo/half yogurt. The all yogurt version lacks the mouthfeel of the fat.
About 3/4 cup mayo or greek yogurt/mayo mixture
1 TB of red wine vinegar
2 TB of Thai Chili sauce (found in any grocery store in the Asian area. It won't taste right without it.
- Optional - Siracha or any favored hot sauce. You can decide how much heat you want.
Tasting the sauce raw is not going to taste very awesome. A bit sour. Don't worry about it.
Stir fry whatever proteins/vegetables you like, add your favorite rice and done.
I would recommend always using shredded napa cabbage, it adds a crunch you need. Add the cabbage and sauce in together at the very end of the cooking. You are only looking to slightly wilt the cabbage to lose it's bitterness and you only want to make the sauce warm, not hot.

Sounds interesting but appears to be a bit high in carbs. No-can-do on my Keto diet.

Forum List

Back