As sinful as I am, why aren't I

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
As sinful as I am, why aren't I sick more often?
As sinful as I am, why aren't I hurt more often?

Everyone has it backwards. We think that God shouldn't allow it.

When I was a young man, I was in constant pain because of the sins that I was having trouble committing. Unfortunately, there is really only one solution to blue balls....

Unfortunately, it is you who has it backwards.

It's pretty clear that none of the gawds has an interest in who lives and who dies or who gets hurt and who doesn't.. Believers in whichever gawds they were given, die or commit "sin" no more or less often/differently that those with different gawds or no gawds at all.

Billions of people make no effort to examine their religious beliefs, they simply have them, make token nods to them, appeal to them in the hope of dying sooner, rather than later to gain spiritual and carnal rewards and cling to them when they die for comfort. Nothing difficult in that. No, it's much harder to face truth coldly. It's far easier to believe in a loving father figure who will reward us (or p u n i s h us) based upon our understanding of a bunch of ancient rules written in the desert somewhere. It's a simple Santa Clause (purposeful mispelling) model that most people, who are not particularly discriminating, can embrace without their tender sensibilities getting violated. It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler or Mao or bin Laden, etc., are pretty much beyond suffering for their cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly and operate in a sometimes dangerous world.

When I was a young man, I was in constant pain because of the sins that I was having trouble committing. Unfortunately, there is really only one solution to blue balls....
Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?

-Jules Feiffer

Satan doesn't bother with those he already has. He messes with those he doesn't have.

What a disgusting quote, Hollie. It would be the equivalent of someone shoving you out of the path of a speeding car, then you going over to that dying person, bleeding out on the road, and riddling the person that saved you with bullets.

I am quite sure that you have sinned enough already to warrant the cross. Only an ingrate would try to keep Christ on that cross for as long as he possibly could.

This is earth. The rain falls. What you have is a Father that loves you enough to die for your sins, making you eligible for an eternal life with no sickness, no pain.

What a disgusting quote, Hollie. It would be the equivalent of someone shoving you out of the path of a speeding car, then you going over to that dying person, bleeding out on the road, and riddling the person that saved you with bullets.

I am quite sure that you have sinned enough already to warrant the cross. Only an ingrate would try to keep Christ on that cross for as long as he possibly could.

This is earth. The rain falls. What you have is a Father that loves you enough to die for your sins, making you eligible for an eternal life with no sickness, no pain.
Pat Robertson isn't dead yet. Stop promoting yourself for his job.

Satan

Satan is alive and well, stop promoting yourself for his job.

Satan

Your gawds created Satan. Come on, sing along to Satan's Melody:

Jesus loves me, yes he does....

Satan

God created evil, Lucifer chose to become Satan.

If divine punishment were all that directly related, Genghis Khan and a lot of others wouldn't have gotten very far. As a matter of fact, America would be in line for a fair amount of retribution as well.

Satan

Yep. And all of humanity is cursed as a result of fruit theft.

Lovely.

Satan

Lovely.

I think that we should pool our resources, buy an apple at Safeway, and give it back to god. He sure seems to want it back awfully bad.

Satan

Lovely.

I think that we should pool our resources, buy an apple at Safeway, and give it back to god. He sure seems to want it back awfully bad.
We may need to swing by the Farmers Market and pick up a couple of lambs, too, just in case.

If divine punishment were all that directly related, Genghis Khan and a lot of others wouldn't have gotten very far. As a matter of fact, America would be in line for a fair amount of retribution as well.
Karma isn't punishment, it's lessons to be learned. "you shall reap what you sow."

Satan

Lovely.
Karma isn't a curse, it's lessons to be learned. When a child is told not to touch the stove when it's hot, and they disobey, they learn the lesson.

Forum List

Back