As More Americans Stop Looking For Work, Non-Participation Rate Rises, Unemployment Rate Drops

I don't give a rats ass about this New Math way of figuring the unemployment rate. The U-6,UE and other U's weren't around when I was working since I was 12. We used to get a pretty accurate percentage of out of work people by dividing the number of people who aren't drawing a paycheck anymore by the number of people who used to draw a paycheck. Even the dumbest ass in the world would agree to that. Oh, and every final number about unemployment is "seasonally adjusted", whatever the fuck that means. Since Obumblefuk came along he throws out a figure and the sheeple take it for gospel and don't bother to verify his numbers.

:lol:

The U1-U6 numbers have been part of the CPS since 1994.

The "new math" is open and available to the public, if you choose to remain in ignorance about it, that's on you - as for your "since Obama" nonsense - the CPS numbers don't come from the White House.
In pursuit of a degree in Economics, I had to pass a few math tests, Doc. I'm saying if 10 people out of a hundred lose their jobs, that's a 10% unemployment rate. If 5 of them use up their eligibility and quit looking for work then the UE is still 10%. Not the 5% that the Labor Department pushes. Oh, and that's "seasonally adjusted" too.

What do you mean by "lose their jobs"? Do you think someone who gets fired for stealing from their company should be counted as "unemployed"? How about someone who voluntarily quits their job? Are they unemployed?

What about someone who decides to go back to school full time after losing their job - are they unemployed, even if they're not looking for a job?

I took a 2-year vacation from work after a particularly successful year - was I unemployed then?

In a PERFECT display of how Obama's 'great' Unemployment Rate is BULLSHIT, this article perfectly blows a hole in his fake numbers...

"More Americans are kissing the workforce goodbye – not because they’re financially secure but because they can’t find a job. A record 95 million people are sitting on the sidelines opting not to work. As a result, the labor participation rate is stuck at 62.7%, a 40-year low."

Earlier this morning some liberal dumbass tried to explain that the number of Americans no longer in the workforce should not be counted towards the Unemployment Rate because all those 95 million Americans out of the work force were all OLD RETIRED PEOPLE!

:bsflag:

As this article shows, that's a bunch of liberal crap being spewed to justify Barry's fake unemployment numbers.

95 million Americas out of the work force, about 1/3rd unemployed but who have given up looking

And every time an Amercian gives up looking Barry celebrates because the 'Non-Participation Rate' rises and the 'Unemployent rate' dips!

Bye-Bye: U.S. Job Seekers Giving Up, Leaving the Workforce

It not just old people . Children and disabled too!

There are 300 mill Americans . You think 1/3 of them are working aged people who want to work and can't find a job?! Playa please !

More misleading Made up stats by righties .
And as this article shows not all 95 million are elderly, handicapped, & children - it includes UNEMPLOYED Americans.

Then why count them? Why not just say "x are unemployed " ?

Oh cause you want to inflate your misleading stats .
The only thing misleading is Obama's fake unemployment #s because he doesn't count the unemployed who have stopped looking for work.

Bush didn't count them either when he had UE under 5%.

Oh wait that's right. Bush INHERITED a 4% UE rate and couldn't keep it there.

Nobody has ever declared liberals have knowledge of history or apply critical thought. At least not with any credibility. Pay attention leftist, I will educate you.

1. A recession began near the end of Clinton's tenure.
2. 9-11 was an economic disaster. We managed.
3. Dot.com crash. We managed.
4. Housing crash.

Crazy right? For those who want to claim Clinton was an economic master:

1. He benefited greatly by the dot.coms. Course Gore invented the internet.
2. He benefited greatly by Reagonomics.
3. He benefited greatly by liberal housing policies, which of course led to the housing crash.

For those who want to claim Clinton balanced the budget: I'd think by now you'd tire of being poked and prodded by Democrats. That balanced business was always a lie. The last balanced budget occurred under Nixon's watch.

So if everyone left the workforce - stopped working and did not look for work, according to liberals the unemployment rate would be 0%.

Got it...

So if everyone left the workforce - stopped working and did not look for work, according to liberals the unemployment rate would be 0%.

Got it...

Yes. That's exactly what the "unemployment rate" means. It counts people who don't have a job, and are trying to get one.

It doesn't count people who retire, or choose not to work.

I don't give a rats ass about this New Math way of figuring the unemployment rate. The U-6,UE and other U's weren't around when I was working since I was 12. We used to get a pretty accurate percentage of out of work people by dividing the number of people who aren't drawing a paycheck anymore by the number of people who used to draw a paycheck. Even the dumbest ass in the world would agree to that. Oh, and every final number about unemployment is "seasonally adjusted", whatever the fuck that means. Since Obumblefuk came along he throws out a figure and the sheeple take it for gospel and don't bother to verify his numbers.

The "new math" is open and available to the public, if you choose to remain in ignorance about it, that's on you - as for your "since Obama" nonsense - the CPS numbers don't come from the White House.
In pursuit of a degree in Economics, I had to pass a few math tests, Doc. I'm saying if 10 people out of a hundred lose their jobs, that's a 10% unemployment rate. If 5 of them use up their eligibility and quit looking for work then the UE is still 10%. Not the 5% that the Labor Department pushes. Oh, and that's "seasonally adjusted" too.

What do you mean by "lose their jobs"? Do you think someone who gets fired for stealing from their company should be counted as "unemployed"? How about someone who voluntarily quits their job? Are they unemployed?

What about someone who decides to go back to school full time after losing their job - are they unemployed, even if they're not looking for a job?

I took a 2-year vacation from work after a particularly successful year - was I unemployed then?
I'm speaking strictly about people who lose their jobs due to reduction of employees or jobs that move. People who steal or quit are not eligible for unemployment benefits, and if you take a hiatus from work then you're not counted either way. I left work for 2 years to finish school but I went under the GI Bill.

Don't worry, on Jan 20th 2017 the MSM will suddenly as if by magic figure out unemployment is horrible and start blaming Trump.

I'm speaking strictly about people who lose their jobs due to reduction of employees or jobs that move. People who steal or quit are not eligible for unemployment benefits, and if you take a hiatus from work then you're not counted either way. I left work for 2 years to finish school but I went under the GI Bill.

Unemployment benefits have nothing at all to do with the unemployment rate. They are unrelated.

The unemployment rate measures people who don't have a job, and are trying to get one - whether they were fired from their last job or quit, or just graduated from college, or are looking for their first job.

Your way of calculating the unemployment rate would result in a much lower, and inaccurate number.

If unemployment is so awesome then the number of people on food stamps and welfare has dropped dramatically, right? You can't draw food stamps and welfare if you are working one of these great Obama jobs.

Can someone explain to me how somebody just leave the workforce? Because I'd like to leave the workforce except I have a bunch of fucking bills to pay.

Got it...

Yes. That's exactly what the "unemployment rate" means. It counts people who don't have a job, and are trying to get one.

It doesn't even count that. There's a time limit factor, perhaps 6 months or so. After that you're no longer reported. The unemployment rate is simply a guide.

Got it...

It doesn't even count that. There's a time limit factor, perhaps 6 months or so. After that you're no longer reported. The unemployment rate is simply a guide.
There is no time limit. If someone is looking for work, s/he is unemployment... it doesn't matter how long s/he has been out of work.

Got it...

No such time limit exists. You've been lied to.

If you don't have a job, and you're actively looking for one, you're counted in U3 - no matter how long you've been searching.

We used to get a pretty accurate percentage of out of work people by dividing the number of people who aren't drawing a paycheck anymore by the number of people who used to draw a paycheck.
Who is "we?" The U.S. has never calculated the unemployment rate that way. It has always been the number of people not working who are available and looking (unemployed) divided by the labor force (employed plus unemployed). Almost every country does it that way.

Oh, and every final number about unemployment is "seasonally adjusted", whatever the fuck that means.
It means that since there are regular, predictable changes in the labor force..employment always goes up in October, and always goes down in January. So if employment goes up in October, but by less than usual, then it's seasonally adjusted to show a loss.

[Quotes]Since Obumblefuk came along he throws out a figure and the sheeple take it for gospel and don't bother to verify his numbers.[/QUOTE]
The President has nothing to do with the data.

We used to get a pretty accurate percentage of out of work people by dividing the number of people who aren't drawing a paycheck anymore by the number of people who used to draw a paycheck.
Who is "we?" The U.S. has never calculated the unemployment rate that way. It has always been the number of people not working who are available and looking (unemployed) divided by the labor force (employed plus unemployed). Almost every country does it that way.

Oh, and every final number about unemployment is "seasonally adjusted", whatever the fuck that means.
It means that since there are regular, predictable changes in the labor force..employment always goes up in October, and always goes down in January. So if employment goes up in October, but by less than usual, then it's seasonally adjusted to show a loss.

[Quotes]Since Obumblefuk came along he throws out a figure and the sheeple take it for gospel and don't bother to verify his numbers.
The President has nothing to do with the data.[/QUOTE]

Ummm. That wasn't my quote .

[Quotes]Since Obumblefuk came along he throws out a figure and the sheeple take it for gospel and don't bother to verify his numbers.

Ummm. That wasn't my quote .[/QUOTE]
That was my quote and I don't mean the Prez personally but his numbers crunchers

Ummm. That wasn't my quote .[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I messed up editing the quotes

That was my quote and I don't mean the Prez personally but his numbers crunchers[/QUOTE]
Some of whom have been at BLS since the Reagan administration. The people don't change and they don't change how they do things because the president changes.

Sorry, I messed up editing the quotes[/QUOTE]

That's fine . I didn't think I was that drunk that I forgot what I said ! Ha!

Forum List

Back