as crowd roars, Prime Minister Theresa May bellows: "there will be Brexit. we will leave the EU!"

Mays deal is dead. It wont get through parliament because only a few tory loyalists will vote for it.

It then gets lost in internal tory politics. Mays future or not will be the issue. The tory party is split in parliament with the mjority of them being remainers. They arent happy either but are not frothing like the brexiters. But even if she can retain her job she still doesnt have the votes to get the deal through. Neither would any of her successors.

What will happen to May's deal remains to be seen. Of course, you now have all sorts of grandstanding, and letters being sent in to get a vote of no confidence, but... but, once the vote approaches, the current hysteria subsides, and some more clarity sets in, it might dawn on more than just a few that, both respecting the referendum and avoiding to "crash out" with no deal, May's deal is the best that is to be had. I would expect a lot of Remainers to support the deal if only to avoid a crash. So, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility she gets it through Parliament, slim though the chances might seem right now. Well, my take, and I fully count on being proven wrong, again...

Interestingly enough, that uncertainty, and the uncertainty about the political and economic fallout of whatever course is being taken, for now seems to secure May's position, right? None of her would-be successors wants anything to do with the "sausage-making" that now spills into the open.

It's not's "May's Deal".

She's capitulated to the EU's bullying deal.
Is that the EU who need us more than we need them ? They always had a better hand and only the delusional thought otherwise.

Mays deal is dead. It wont get through parliament because only a few tory loyalists will vote for it.

It then gets lost in internal tory politics. Mays future or not will be the issue. The tory party is split in parliament with the mjority of them being remainers. They arent happy either but are not frothing like the brexiters. But even if she can retain her job she still doesnt have the votes to get the deal through. Neither would any of her successors.

What will happen to May's deal remains to be seen. Of course, you now have all sorts of grandstanding, and letters being sent in to get a vote of no confidence, but... but, once the vote approaches, the current hysteria subsides, and some more clarity sets in, it might dawn on more than just a few that, both respecting the referendum and avoiding to "crash out" with no deal, May's deal is the best that is to be had. I would expect a lot of Remainers to support the deal if only to avoid a crash. So, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility she gets it through Parliament, slim though the chances might seem right now. Well, my take, and I fully count on being proven wrong, again...

Interestingly enough, that uncertainty, and the uncertainty about the political and economic fallout of whatever course is being taken, for now seems to secure May's position, right? None of her would-be successors wants anything to do with the "sausage-making" that now spills into the open.

It's not's "May's Deal".

She's capitulated to the EU's bullying deal.
Is that the EU who need us more than we need them ? They always had a better hand and only the delusional thought otherwise.

You putting words into my mouth? Again?

It really is unchartered water. May has survived till now because none of them fancy it. It is very frustrating. I am a remainer but there is no leadership on that side. My suggestion would be that they all get together in a cross party movement and map out a route you will have the bulk of Labour,the Nats,Libs, a number of tories and possibly the kneecappers. It might be enough.

It clearly is uncharted water. So, bear with me...

The best, probably the only reasonable outcome right now is May's deal, not despite nearly no one being content with it, but because no one is. Funny, no? For if one side were content and gloating, the other would not rest...

If the deal falls through, expect all hell to break loose. I cannot see May surviving it, or her government, for that matter, even though the way towards a new government is stony. There catastrophe awaits in the form of a new government voted in with the expectation that a new deal will be negotiated, while the EU makes it clear, there is not going to be a re-negotiation in any meaningful way. That is setting things up for failure.

The worst of all worlds, I am convinced, would be a new referendum. All the demons haunting the first campaign in terms of xenophobia and anti-EU resentment would raise their heads again, just with triple and quadruple the intensity.

The "kneecappers"... Haven't seen that one in a while. I am grousing what a few guys in NI losing their temper over a hard border to Ireland might mean for The Troubles.

Of course, all said right now should be taken with a grain of salt. Make that a block of salt. Including everything above. Like you, the most deplorable thing right now is the callous, cowardly absence of leadership on the Remain side - for going up against the rightarded firing squads in the press is no one's fancy.

The political classes of all stripes have had a common refrain for years now, “people aren’t involved enough, we need more to come out and vote”. Then, given the purest form of political involvement possible, a plebiscite, almost all the political class have spent 2 years denying and perverting the result. There will be a political price to pay for this absolutely immoral stance and we are just at the start of it. They’ve sown, and in the next few years they will reap.

The political classes of all stripes have had a common refrain for years now, “people aren’t involved enough, we need more to come out and vote”. Then, given the purest form of political involvement possible, a plebiscite, almost all the political class have spent 2 years denying and perverting the result. There will be a political price to pay for this absolutely immoral stance and we are just at the start of it. They’ve sown, and in the next few years they will reap.
People were promised that their lives would be better. It was a lie. Given a second chance people would reject the bexit farce. Thats why you run scared of a second referendum.

It really is unchartered water. May has survived till now because none of them fancy it. It is very frustrating. I am a remainer but there is no leadership on that side. My suggestion would be that they all get together in a cross party movement and map out a route you will have the bulk of Labour,the Nats,Libs, a number of tories and possibly the kneecappers. It might be enough.

It clearly is uncharted water. So, bear with me...

The best, probably the only reasonable outcome right now is May's deal, not despite nearly no one being content with it, but because no one is. Funny, no? For if one side were content and gloating, the other would not rest...

If the deal falls through, expect all hell to break loose. I cannot see May surviving it, or her government, for that matter, even though the way towards a new government is stony. There catastrophe awaits in the form of a new government voted in with the expectation that a new deal will be negotiated, while the EU makes it clear, there is not going to be a re-negotiation in any meaningful way. That is setting things up for failure.

The worst of all worlds, I am convinced, would be a new referendum. All the demons haunting the first campaign in terms of xenophobia and anti-EU resentment would raise their heads again, just with triple and quadruple the intensity.

The "kneecappers"... Haven't seen that one in a while. I am grousing what a few guys in NI losing their temper over a hard border to Ireland might mean for The Troubles.

Of course, all said right now should be taken with a grain of salt. Make that a block of salt. Including everything above. Like you, the most deplorable thing right now is the callous, cowardly absence of leadership on the Remain side - for going up against the rightarded firing squads in the press is no one's fancy.

I think that as we get closer we will see more businesses decamp and that will concentrate the minds of people. Meanwhile I have bought a greenhouse so that I can grow peppers and tomatoes. I am invoking the wartime spirit and digging for victory.

People were promised that their lives would be better. It was a lie. Given a second chance people would reject the bexit farce. Thats why you run scared of a second referendum.

Your lies are another form of trolling.

Sciatica is a cruel, cruel disease. See how it has afflicted this kindly old man, rendering him colour blind, resulting in him humiliating himself with one brown & one black shoe. We wish him well...

That’s Jean Claude Juncker. He’s the President of something called the European Commission (come on, someone won’t know), and therefore the most powerful man in the EU.

The kindly thing to say is that he cannot dress himself. Less kindly, that he’s well known for his clownish acts after a long lunch. The honest thing to say is that he’s a drunk.

We know that the US is bigger, better and vastly more important than the EU and always will be. We can prove it too. The press is not reporting the sad spectacle above, but we can imagine the reaction if the POTUS carried on like Juncker. It would be volcanic, cataclysmic, global, and it would last forever.

That’s not bias. It’s simply a reflection of relative importance and profile.

Posted in ATW

Sciatica is a cruel, cruel disease. See how it has afflicted this kindly old man, rendering him colour blind, resulting in him humiliating himself with one brown & one black shoe. We wish him well...

That’s Jean Claude Juncker. He’s the President of something called the European Commission (come on, someone won’t know), and therefore the most powerful man in the EU.

The kindly thing to say is that he cannot dress himself. Less kindly, that he’s well known for his clownish acts after a long lunch. The honest thing to say is that he’s a drunk.

We know that the US is bigger, better and vastly more important than the EU and always will be. We can prove it too. The press is not reporting the sad spectacle above, but we can imagine the reaction if the POTUS carried on like Juncker. It would be volcanic, cataclysmic, global, and it would last forever.

Posted in ATW
Do you have an opinion ? Stop spamming the board with cutnpaste.

Posted in ATW
Do you have an opinion ? Stop spamming the board with cutnpaste.

Go away!

I can't see how a No Deal exit is preventable regardless of who is Prime Minister or which party is in Government, unless the EU significantly improves on the current withdrawal offer in order to maintain a more balanced relationship with the UK.

I can't see how a No Deal exit is preventable regardless of who is Prime Minister or which party is in Government, unless the EU significantly improves on the current withdrawal offer in order to maintain a more balanced relationship with the UK.
You are still in denial. The EU doesnt have to offer anything.

Last edited:
You are still in deial. The EU doesnt have to offer anything.

Don't post to me. I have nothing to say to you.

This is a discussion forum you loon.

This is a discussion forum you loon.

Not for you. :1peleas:

974634E0-5234-4FD7-BB94-37CD214A5CAD-1024x730.jpg

Forum List

Back