as crowd roars, Prime Minister Theresa May bellows: "there will be Brexit. we will leave the EU!"

I can't see how a No Deal exit is preventable regardless of who is Prime Minister or which party is in Government, unless the EU significantly improves on the current withdrawal offer in order to maintain a more balanced relationship with the UK.
You are still in denial. The EU doesnt have to offer anything.

BTW: we have an FTA with the US; you got one yet??

Greg

I can't see how a No Deal exit is preventable regardless of who is Prime Minister or which party is in Government, unless the EU significantly improves on the current withdrawal offer in order to maintain a more balanced relationship with the UK.
You are still in deial. The EU doesnt have to offer anything.

Don't post to me. I have nothing to say to you.
This is a discussion forum you loon.
Australia-European Union Free Trade Agreement

Australia and the European Union (EU) launched negotiations for a free trade agreement (FTA) on 18 June 2018. As a bloc, the EU is Australia's second largest trading partner, third largest export destination, and second largest services market. The EU was Australia's largest source of foreign investment in 2017.

Want some hints??? lmao

Greg

Australia and the European Union (EU) launched negotiations for a free trade agreement (FTA) on 18 June 2018. As a bloc, the EU is Australia's second largest trading partner, third largest export destination, and second largest services market. The EU was Australia's largest source of foreign investment in 2017.

Want some hints??? lmao

Greg

We used to be in the EEC, and something before that. What happened?

The political classes of all stripes have had a common refrain for years now, “people aren’t involved enough, we need more to come out and vote”. Then, given the purest form of political involvement possible, a plebiscite, almost all the political class have spent 2 years denying and perverting the result. There will be a political price to pay for this absolutely immoral stance and we are just at the start of it. They’ve sown, and in the next few years they will reap.
People were promised that their lives would be better. It was a lie. Given a second chance people would reject the bexit farce. Thats why you run scared of a second referendum.
So you are FOR subverting the will of the people. That's just what a Totalitarian would do, Commie Tommy!! The People have spoken; DO IT!!!

Greg

It really is unchartered water. May has survived till now because none of them fancy it. It is very frustrating. I am a remainer but there is no leadership on that side. My suggestion would be that they all get together in a cross party movement and map out a route you will have the bulk of Labour,the Nats,Libs, a number of tories and possibly the kneecappers. It might be enough.

It clearly is uncharted water. So, bear with me...

The best, probably the only reasonable outcome right now is May's deal, not despite nearly no one being content with it, but because no one is. Funny, no? For if one side were content and gloating, the other would not rest...

If the deal falls through, expect all hell to break loose. I cannot see May surviving it, or her government, for that matter, even though the way towards a new government is stony. There catastrophe awaits in the form of a new government voted in with the expectation that a new deal will be negotiated, while the EU makes it clear, there is not going to be a re-negotiation in any meaningful way. That is setting things up for failure.

The worst of all worlds, I am convinced, would be a new referendum. All the demons haunting the first campaign in terms of xenophobia and anti-EU resentment would raise their heads again, just with triple and quadruple the intensity.

The "kneecappers"... Haven't seen that one in a while. I am grousing what a few guys in NI losing their temper over a hard border to Ireland might mean for The Troubles.

Of course, all said right now should be taken with a grain of salt. Make that a block of salt. Including everything above. Like you, the most deplorable thing right now is the callous, cowardly absence of leadership on the Remain side - for going up against the rightarded firing squads in the press is no one's fancy.

I think that as we get closer we will see more businesses decamp and that will concentrate the minds of people. Meanwhile I have bought a greenhouse so that I can grow peppers and tomatoes. I am invoking the wartime spirit and digging for victory.

Don't you prefer digging Gulags??

Greg

The political classes of all stripes have had a common refrain for years now, “people aren’t involved enough, we need more to come out and vote”. Then, given the purest form of political involvement possible, a plebiscite, almost all the political class have spent 2 years denying and perverting the result. There will be a political price to pay for this absolutely immoral stance and we are just at the start of it. They’ve sown, and in the next few years they will reap.
People were promised that their lives would be better. It was a lie. Given a second chance people would reject the bexit farce. Thats why you run scared of a second referendum.
So you are FOR subverting the will of the people. That's just what a Totalitarian would do, Commie Tommy!! The People have spoken; DO IT!!!

Greg

The plebiscite voted for "out", not a "deal".

Want some hints??? lmao

Greg

We used to be in the EEC, and something before that. What happened?

Your Gov cut us out; turned their backs on their Empire/Commonwealth friends and relied on the good will of their natural competitors. Bad career move.

Greg

Don't feed the troll.

Hey Tommy; Olde's a Kraut who hates poms, especially the Welsh. He's a lefty in a Prussian sort of manner...know what I mean!!! lol

Greg

He's doing a lot of sucking up. Anyone will do, if it's directed indirectly at me. So his sideswipes are against me. He's also a bit dim.

And he hates the USA. Don't forget that.

Well; Olde's attitude towards the US and the Poms does indeed SUCK!!

Greg

The Common Market I think was the first incarnation. That was basically a trade deal; how did it morph into a loss of Sovereignty??

Greg

The Common Market I think was the first incarnation. That was basically a trade deal; how did it morph into a loss of Sovereignty??

Greg

I was fine with the Common Market. The former communist eastern bloc had a similar arrangement. I went to seminars about it.

Since when does a trading group have an army and a national anthem? Which is what Macron is advocating.

Yoda.jpeg

Forum List

Back