as crowd roars, Prime Minister Theresa May bellows: "there will be Brexit. we will leave the EU!"

The sooner she goes the better will be for her country.

s26ECdh.jpg

I am curious, from the Brits perspective...what kind of deal do you want and what do expect? What is the mood of the country? Are there differences among Britain, Scotland, Ireland and Wales?

If May goes what happens?

I am curious, from the Brits perspective...what kind of deal do you want and what do expect? What is the mood of the country? Are there differences among Britain, Scotland, Ireland and Wales?

Our freedom back to trade.

May is a Remainer. Someone like that should not be negotiating.

Bring David Cameron back to sort it out. He got us into this mess to start with.

The EU empire is terrified of losing any of its territory. Its plans for a single army and greater fiscal integration are designed to make leaving ever-more difficult. This is why they have tried to bind the UK in so tight post-Brexit

The EU empire is terrified of losing any of its territory. Its plans for a single army and greater fiscal integration are designed to make leaving ever-more difficult. This is why they have tried to bind the UK in so tight post-Brexit

"The EU empire"... has plans - PLANS! - for a "single army". Allegedly.

Pitiful.

Camoron, after his referendum stunt, handed over the job of managing and cleaning up the mess he created to a woman (as males usually do). Since the Brexit liars lied the electorate into voting for Brexit, any reasonable British government position was to be crushed between Remainers and hard-line Brexiteers. The EU tries to maintain trade ties between the UK and the continent for businesses to continue to function, and the UK tries to avoid a hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. That, by and large, is the deal now on the table. For Remainers it's too little, for the foaming-at-the-mouth nationalists and 19th-century sovereignty screechers it's too much. It's not the EU's fault, nor May's fault, it's Camoron's fault, and the fault of a business class of mouth-breathing imperial wannabe-Napoleons fanning the flames of anti-EU sentiment, including most of the corporate tabloid press.

I'm wondering about that too.

The ideal of a United States of Europe goes back decades.

I read about it in Vaincre magazine.

"The EU empire"... has plans - PLANS! - for a "single army". Allegedly.

Pitiful.

Camoron, after his referendum stunt, handed over the job of managing and cleaning up the mess he created to a woman (as males usually do). Since the Brexit liars lied the electorate into voting for Brexit, any reasonable British government position was to be crushed between Remainers and hard-line Brexiteers. The EU tries to maintain trade ties between the UK and the continent for businesses to continue to function, and the UK tries to avoid a hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. That, by and large, is the deal now on the table. For Remainers it's too little, for the foaming-at-the-mouth nationalists and 19th-century sovereignty screechers it's too much. It's not the EU's fault, nor May's fault, it's Camoron's fault, and the fault of a business class of mouth-breathing imperial wannabe-Napoleons fanning the flames of anti-EU sentiment, including most of the corporate tabloid press.

There are no foaming at the mouth nationalists, or sovereignty screechers. The British are a pragmatic people.

Where do you get that utter crap from? Der Spiegel?

If you want to speak English, that overblown rhetoric is not the way to go.

She didn't mention this, did she?

The draft EU withdrawal deal would give EU citizens in the UK greater rights after Brexit to bring in family members from overseas than British citizens have in their own country. It would also mean the European courts continuing to rule on cases concerning the rights of EU citizens in the UK for years after Brexit. Read our previous paper on this:

The rights of EU nationals to bring other people to the UK in the future

The best solution now would be for the people to vote on the deal. We voted on promises before and many of them were lies.

The biggest bone of contention now is the Irish border and that was never discussed first time round.

Mays deal is dead. It wont get through parliament because only a few tory loyalists will vote for it.

It then gets lost in internal tory politics. Mays future or not will be the issue. The tory party is split in parliament with the mjority of them being remainers. They arent happy either but are not frothing like the brexiters. But even if she can retain her job she still doesnt have the votes to get the deal through. Neither would any of her successors.

If the government cant get its work done then it should resign or face a vote of confidence in the house. She has lost the dup in all of this so she might struggle to win a vote of no confidence.

It then comes down to what the two main parties campaign on. That will be squeaky bum time and I cant see any outcome that is not chaotic.

This is the absurdtty. Corbyn wants out but his party wants in. May wants in but her party wants out.

Mays deal is dead. It wont get through parliament because only a few tory loyalists will vote for it.

It then gets lost in internal tory politics. Mays future or not will be the issue. The tory party is split in parliament with the mjority of them being remainers. They arent happy either but are not frothing like the brexiters. But even if she can retain her job she still doesnt have the votes to get the deal through. Neither would any of her successors.

What will happen to May's deal remains to be seen. Of course, you now have all sorts of grandstanding, and letters being sent in to get a vote of no confidence, but... but, once the vote approaches, the current hysteria subsides, and some more clarity sets in, it might dawn on more than just a few that, both respecting the referendum and avoiding to "crash out" with no deal, May's deal is the best that is to be had. I would expect a lot of Remainers to support the deal if only to avoid a crash. So, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility she gets it through Parliament, slim though the chances might seem right now. Well, my take, and I fully count on being proven wrong, again...

Interestingly enough, that uncertainty, and the uncertainty about the political and economic fallout of whatever course is being taken, for now seems to secure May's position, right? None of her would-be successors wants anything to do with the "sausage-making" that now spills into the open.

"Tensions are high — and every cabinet exit threatens Theresa May’s Brexit plan in Parliament"

What will happen to May's deal remains to be seen. Of course, you now have all sorts of grandstanding, and letters being sent in to get a vote of no confidence, but... but, once the vote approaches, the current hysteria subsides, and some more clarity sets in, it might dawn on more than just a few that, both respecting the referendum and avoiding to "crash out" with no deal, May's deal is the best that is to be had. I would expect a lot of Remainers to support the deal if only to avoid a crash. So, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility she gets it through Parliament, slim though the chances might seem right now. Well, my take, and I fully count on being proven wrong, again...

Interestingly enough, that uncertainty, and the uncertainty about the political and economic fallout of whatever course is being taken, for now seems to secure May's position, right? None of her would-be successors wants anything to do with the "sausage-making" that now spills into the open.

It's not's "May's Deal".

She's capitulated to the EU's bullying deal.

It really is unchartered water. May has survived till now because none of them fancy it. It is very frustrating. I am a remainer but there is no leadership on that side. My suggestion would be that they all get together in a cross party movement and map out a route you will have the bulk of Labour,the Nats,Libs, a number of tories and possibly the kneecappers. It might be enough.

Forum List

Back