As A Former Soldier....Somebody Explain How One Battalion Of US Troops Was Able To Protect The Kurds

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
c6b24aacff567425c10215acccaf45df.jpg

I remember from my time in the Middle-East that if you're deployed into a forward area you are there being protected by your host country. When you don't have armor and 20,000 to 30,000 soldiers ready to fight at a moment's notice...you are pretty much at the mercy of who is your host. You aren't there to protect anyone. You are only part of the support that keeps them going in the right direction. But if it is true that the moment you leave they switch sides or become unable to defend themselves I don't see the point.

It's clear there is a conspiracy to keep us in Syria for some strange reason. Trump sees this and wants to pull our people out of harm's way. Immediately the Turks supposedly start bombing civilians and Trump is supposedly at fault. All he did was announce the pull-back, Turkey starts bombing. They haven't even left yet, but for some reason the Turks were able to murder reportedly thousands of former ISIS rebels and their families. So WTF were we doing there? Who's side are we on? What exactly are we doing there? Does any of this silly shit make any sense? Why was Iraq the wrong war but Syria is the right war?

What I think is Syria is being used to get Republicans to back their fake impeachment push. That's it. Nothing more. It's a red-herring.

CZ-YqYJXEAAvqI2.jpg

The Kurds don't need protecting. They have been fighting the Turks for hundreds of years.

We don't owe them anything. If they do something for us its because they got something out of it.

The Kurds will survive. They always do.

And tramp has twin towers he brands in Turkey as well as Clintons have nothing to do with ISIS.
Reminder: Trump has a massive conflict of interest in Turkey
The US has bases in Turkey as they are still a NATO ally like it or not. So at this point it is NOT in our interest to get involved.

The Kurds used us and we used them for a common gain. They sure as hell didn't fight out of moral obligation to help the Americans.

American forces are needed not for on the ground gunfights but rather for technical skills and access to satellite and drone recon data and calling in airstrikes. The absence of US forces means the absence of airpower and protection.

American forces are needed not for on the ground gunfights but rather for technical skills and access to satellite and drone recon data and calling in airstrikes. The absence of US forces means the absence of airpower and protection.

So then you support U.S. military bases all over the globe? Right?

One battalion can protect the Kurds because they are US soldiers

Turkey will not attack US Soldiers

c6b24aacff567425c10215acccaf45df.jpg

I remember from my time in the Middle-East that if you're deployed into a forward area you are there being protected by your host country. When you don't have armor and 20,000 to 30,000 soldiers ready to fight at a moment's notice...you are pretty much at the mercy of who is your host. You aren't there to protect anyone. You are only part of the support that keeps them going in the right direction. But if it is true that the moment you leave they switch sides or become unable to defend themselves I don't see the point.

It's clear there is a conspiracy to keep us in Syria for some strange reason. Trump sees this and wants to pull our people out of harm's way. Immediately the Turks supposedly start bombing civilians and Trump is supposedly at fault. All he did was announce the pull-back, Turkey starts bombing. They haven't even left yet, but for some reason the Turks were able to murder reportedly thousands of former ISIS rebels and their families. So WTF were we doing there? Who's side are we on? What exactly are we doing there? Does any of this silly shit make any sense? Why was Iraq the wrong war but Syria is the right war?

What I think is Syria is being used to get Republicans to back their fake impeachment push. That's it. Nothing more. It's a red-herring.

CZ-YqYJXEAAvqI2.jpg

They were protected because Turkey would not attack and take the chance of hitting one of our troops.

Look at all of these Liberals saying our Troops should stay and protect foreign soldiers!!!

I had no idea they believe in placing U.S. military bases all over the globe to stop wars!... and here I thought they always went on about how we shouldn't be the world police.
My how things change.

So then you support U.S. military bases all over the globe? Right?
Sure, of course. How else do we protect American interests and be prepared to keep enemies and potential enemies in check?

Look at all of these Liberals saying our Troops should stay and protect foreign soldiers!!!

I had no idea they believe in placing U.S. military bases all over the globe to stop wars!... and here I thought they always went on about how we shouldn't be the world police.
My how things change.
They changed after WWII. Pearl Harbor and the Nazis taught us a lesson.

So you also believe then that U.S. Soldiers should have bases all over the globe to stop wars?
The circumstances will not be the same all over the globe. Clearly the moment Americans were recalled from Syria Turkey attacked the Kurds.
Ohhh..... so this only works for Turkey and no other foreign enemy.
Wow...that is very convenient for the narrative you need to self-delude.

Ohhh..... so this only works for Turkey and no other foreign enemy.
Wow...that is very convenient for the narrative you need to self-delude.
Work on your own self delusions and false beliefs. In no way did I claim using US troops as human speed bumps would work everywhere.
But if you want to deny the clear time line in Syria, Americans leave....Turkey begins large scale attack on Kurds immediately afterwards, be my guest.

I don't care if you make yourself look ridiculous. Really. I don't.

Forum List

Back