But, we only want gay marriage....once we get that, then we will come after your churches....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Beto........he will go after the tax exempt status of any church that refuses to do gay weddings....

The democrats hate the Constitution and freedom...the 1st and 2nd Amendments will not exist if the democrat get total power....

Beto Vows to Strip Tax-Exempt Status From Churches That Oppose Gay Marriage

Barack Obama's IRS may have targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny, but Obama never pledged to strip tax-exempt status from organizations that disagreed with his position on an issue.

Yet on Thursday, former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) said he would strip tax-exempt status from any religious organization that supports traditional marriage, defined as one man and one woman. In fact, his position essentially amounts to a government preference for pro-gay marriage religious bodies that likely violates the Establishment Clause.

CNN's Don Lemon quoted O'Rourke's policy on LGBT issues, which states: "Freedom of religion is a fundamental right but it should not be used to discriminate."

"Do you think religious institutions — like colleges, churches, charities — should they lose their tax-exempt status if they oppose same-sex marriage?" Lemon asked.

"Yes," O'Rourke replied — to loud applause from the audience.

I would love to know if Beto would go after Imams in mosques too, since they oppose gay marriage as well?

Or does this only apply to white evangelical Christians.

Beto........he will go after the tax exempt status of any church that refuses to do gay weddings....

The democrats hate the Constitution and freedom...the 1st and 2nd Amendments will not exist if the democrat get total power....

Barack Obama's IRS may have targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny, but Obama never pledged to strip tax-exempt status from organizations that disagreed with his position on an issue.

Yet on Thursday, former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) said he would strip tax-exempt status from any religious organization that supports traditional marriage, defined as one man and one woman. In fact, his position essentially amounts to a government preference for pro-gay marriage religious bodies that likely violates the Establishment Clause.

CNN's Don Lemon quoted O'Rourke's policy on LGBT issues, which states: "Freedom of religion is a fundamental right but it should not be used to discriminate."

"Do you think religious institutions — like colleges, churches, charities — should they lose their tax-exempt status if they oppose same-sex marriage?" Lemon asked.

There's already legal precedence for this.

Churches that preach racism do not get a tax exemption. For instance, Richard Hale's "World Church of the Creator" does not get a tax exemption for their views that God opposes race mixing.

So once you've established that sexual orientation is indeed a protected status under the law, churches that discriminate should lose their tax exemption.

Me. Personally, I think all churches should lose their tax exemption and be subject to taxes, just like the rest of us. Would be nice to see all these pastors driving around in luxury cars and living in mansions with air conditioned dog houses get the kind of scrutiny regular folks get.

This kind of falls into the "God didn't change his mind, so we did" category. In 50 years, all the churches will be denying they had anything to do with the homophobia, and they'll say, "Well, that was the OLD Testament" when asked about homophobia, just like they do now when anyone asks them about slavery and witch-burning.

I would love to know if Beto would go after Imams in mosques too, since they oppose gay marriage as well?

Sounds fair to me. Islamophobic Twat always finding a way to hate on Muslims. She thinks there are Muslims hiding in her closet, waiting to get her... big, swarthy Islamic men with scimitars.... but enough about her fantasies.

Churches that preach racism do not get a tax exemption. For instance, Richard Hale's "World Church of the Creator" does not get a tax exemption for their views that God opposes race mixing.

So once you've established that sexual orientation is indeed a protected status under the law, churches that discriminate should lose their tax exemption.

Me. Personally, I think all churches should lose their tax exemption and be subject to taxes, just like the rest of us. Would be nice to see all these pastors driving around in luxury cars and living in mansions with air conditioned dog houses get the kind of scrutiny regular folks get.

This kind of falls into the "God didn't change his mind, so we did" category. In 50 years, all the churches will be denying they had anything to do with the homophobia, and they'll say, "Well, that was the OLD Testament" when asked about homophobia, just like they do now when anyone asks them about slavery and witch-burning.

Sounds fair to me. Islamophobic Twat always finding a way to hate on Muslims. She thinks there are Muslims hiding in her closet, waiting to get her... big, swarthy Islamic men with scimitars.... but enough about her fantasies.

Islam opposes gay marriage, you cretin. Would they be losing their tax exempt status too, or do you just have the white evangelicals?

Joe the Enlightened Feminist enjoys calling women who disagree with him names that relate to their private parts

Joe the non-racist enjoys calling Asian-American women racist slurs when they disagree with him too.

Joe is a complete scumbag

Good point. There really isn`t much difference between Muslims and our fake Christians in so many ways.

Lying Joe is too much of a coward to admit it and instead likes to call me an "Islamophobe" for pointing it out.

I have rarely met a person of smaller character than you, either online or in person

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Islam opposes gay marriage, you cretin. Would they be losing their tax exempt status too, or do you just have the white evangelicals?

Since White Evangelicals have all the political power, just them.

Joe the non-racist enjoys calling Asian-American women racist slurs when they disagree with him too.

Yes, because only Asian women are mail order brides... Oh, wait. They aren't.

Incidentally, I love Asian Chicks... They're hot.

Lying Joe is too much of a coward to admit it and instead likes to call me an "Islamophobe" for pointing it out.

Well, no, I call you an Islamophobe because you OUTRIGHT LIE about what they believe. Such as claiming a cultural practice like FGM is condoned by Islam when it is in fact a custom that predates Christianity and Islam, but it practiced by both.

I have no problem with LEGITIMATE criticism of Islam or any other religion. The problem is, as August points out, most of the things you can say bad about Fundamentalist Islam also applies to Fundamentalist Christianity.

I have rarely met a person of smaller character than you, either online or in person

Yawn, Sue, you are such an easy target...

Too stupid to realize that when the One Percenters get you all upset about the Mean Old Muslims, it's because they want to dupe you into happily sending poor working class kids off to wars the profit from.

Well, no, I call you an Islamophobe because you OUTRIGHT LIE about what they believe. Such as claiming a cultural practice like FGM is condoned by Islam when it is in fact a custom that predates Christianity and Islam, but it practiced by both.

I have no problem with LEGITIMATE criticism of Islam or any other religion. The problem is, as August points out, most of the things you can say bad about Fundamentalist Islam also applies to Fundamentalist Christianity.

Too stupid to realize that when the One Percenters get you all upset about the Mean Old Muslims, it's because they want to dupe you into happily sending poor working class kids off to wars the profit from.

You're too stupid to think outside the boxes they put you in

And you're a total jerk on top of it

They would find a way to "exempt" Muzzies from taxing belief

Joe, you're just a run of the mill idiot bigot who thinks he has a special dispensation for his bigotry

You don't

You're just a bigot and it makes you a jerk

Fortunately this clown has long ago destroyed his chances 9f ever implementing his ccx demonic agenda, but he has helped expose the Democrats for who they are

I'm not the one falling for their little games... that would be you.

Here's the thing. People being Gay has no effect on your life. Not really.
People practicing Islam has no effect on your life.

I interact with gays and Muslims all day, but at the end of the day, I don't have to do gay sex or pray towards Mecca. They can't make me.

On the other hand, thanks to the way that the one percent has used these fears to get stupid people like you to vote against your own economic interests, that does have an effect on my life. Rather than enjoying a nice, lifetime protected union job like my Dad had, we all have to deal with at-will employment with no rights at work.

Joe, you're just a run of the mill idiot bigot who thinks he has a special dispensation for his bigotry

You don't

Naw, just because I have contempt for Political Chick's self-loathing, hardly makes me a bigot. Maybe a jerk, but I tried being polite to her and usually get her rambling, number-pointed crazy like she didn't even process what was being said. (but she does that to everyone.)

Hey, I noticed you duck and ran when I pointed out that some self-loathing Asians get their eyes rounded, and asked you how that was any different than a tranny getting his/her dick cut off.

Most of this rocks 'churches' are no more than some political stripe cloaked in the guise of 'religion'

And rightly should be taxed , because they are political players who do not honor
'constitutional separation'

~S~

I'm not the one falling for their little games... that would be you.

Here's the thing. People being Gay has no effect on your life. Not really.
People practicing Islam has no effect on your life.

I interact with gays and Muslims all day, but at the end of the day, I don't have to do gay sex or pray towards Mecca. They can't make me.

On the other hand, thanks to the way that the one percent has used these fears to get stupid people like you to vote against your own economic interests, that does have an effect on my life. Rather than enjoying a nice, lifetime protected union job like my Dad had, we all have to deal with at-will employment with no rights at work.

You don't

Naw, just because I have contempt for Political Chick's self-loathing, hardly makes me a bigot. Maybe a jerk, but I tried being polite to her and usually get her rambling, number-pointed crazy like she didn't even process what was being said. (but she does that to everyone.)

Hey, I noticed you duck and ran when I pointed out that some self-loathing Asians get their eyes rounded, and asked you how that was any different than a tranny getting his/her dick cut off.

I have said everything I ever wanted to say to you, and leave you to stew in your own unfortunate sauce

Forum List

Back