Arrogant Ted Nugent songs advocate pedophilia, but he claims Taylor Swift has no substance.

She is marginally talented, not even in the same league as say Lady Gaga.
But she has the magic. That unknown "X factor" that people practically worship.
Her singing talent is mediocre. Her dance routines are nothing special... but because she is Taylor Swift, in her fans eyes she is a God. So everything she does is perfect.
And you are right, she will not be remembered. Her music will fade as fast as it appeared.
Talent and success in the music business are not 1 to 1 correlations.

It's doubtful anyone would remember Ted Nugent's name if not for his fringe right wing antics, but he has the audacity to say Taylor Swift has no substance. This is who right wingers idolize.

Hilarious.
Gotta love how people like to inject opinions into people they do not know, because that is what you want them to believe.
I am a conservative. I grew up in the 70s when Ted Nugent was in his prime. I liked some of the songs, but I never bought any of his albums. He was just...okay.
Fast forward to today... I never think about him. I almost never see him in podcast etc. that I watch.
My opinion of him is he was a marginally talented rock star. His opinions I don't particularly care about. I have never, or would ever place any real value in anything he says anymore than some bloke on the street.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Nugent is an arrogant idiot, while Swift may be the most signficant entertainment artist of the first fifty years of this century.
So how is it I can't name even one of her songs? :dunno:

Consider this....In most of the "Tay-Tay" threads I've seldom seen one of her songs posted that I can listen to....Perhaps it's because nobody else can remember the name of one either?

The ones that have and I listened to......Totally unremarkable, much less memorable.

Contrast her songs to any of The Pretenders songs and Chrissie Hynde vocals....Now that's memorable.

It's doubtful anyone would remember Ted Nugent's name if not for his fringe right wing antics, but he has the audacity to say Taylor Swift has no substance. This is who right wingers idolize.

I hope you are a female because any man that is a swiftie is GAY af.

So how is it I can't name even one of her songs? :dunno:

Consider this....In most of the "Tay-Tay" threads I've seldom seen one of her songs posted that I can listen to....Perhaps it's because nobody else can remember the name of one either?

The ones that have and I listened to......Totally unremarkable, much less memorable.

Contrast her songs to any of The Pretenders songs and Chrissie Hynde vocals....Now that's memorable.

Nor have I, but folks say they are all reiterations of the same meme -- "I'm useless at picking men and it's always their fault".

Endlessly repetitive leftist whine.

Taylor is more talented than most musicians.
Plays the guitar.
Plays the piano.
Plays the banjo.
Plays the Ukulele.
Plays the Mandolin.
Not a fan of her music, but being good enough to play all these instruments in her concerts, makes her talented in my book.
Playing duets with Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan and Darius Rucker.
Then playing duets with Mick Jagger, Rolling Stones, Steven Tyler, Paul McCartney and Stevie Nicks.
I watched some of those..............She's good.

(My wife and daughter contributed to the content of this comment)

Taylor is more talented than most musicians.
Plays the guitar.
Plays the piano.
Plays the banjo.
Plays the Ukulele.
Plays the Mandolin.
Not a fan of her music, but being good enough to play all these instruments in her concerts, makes her talented in my book.
Playing duets with Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan and Darius Rucker.
Then playing duets with Mick Jagger, Rolling Stones, Steven Tyler, Paul McCartney and Stevie Nicks.
I watched some of those..............She's good.

(My wife and daughter contributed to the content of this comment)
There's a big difference between talented and memorable.

One of the most talented and memorable men of his day was Glen Campbell.....The man could play damn near anything and his hits were memorable....That is what makes for a great artist.

Hell, he even played bagpipes!

Of the scores of concerts I've attended his (at Dollywood) was the most memorable and I don't even like country music all that much.....I just appreciated the man's artistry.

So you like music that advocates pedophila? Why do MAGAs defend such a pedofile?

Jailbait lyrics
Well I don't care if you're just thirteen
You look too good to be true
I just know that you're probably clean
There's one lil' thing I got do to you

Honey you you you look so nice
She's young she's tender
Won't you please surrender
She's so fine she's mine
All the time, all mine mine
It's all right baby
It's quite all right I asked your mama
Wait a minute officer
Don't put those handcuffs on me
Put them on her and I'll share her with you
Jailbait, jailbait
Joe Biden Theme Song

One of the most talented and memorable men of his day was Glen Campbell.....The man could play damn near anything and his hits were memorable....That is what makes for a great artist.

Of the scores of concerts I've attended his (at Dollywood) was the most memorable and I don't even like country music all that much.....I just appreciated the man's artistry.

Roy Clark was pretty talented too.....but many may not know who he was....

Two separate issues.
One of the most talented and memorable men of his day was Glen Campbell
Talented yes.
Memorable?
Matter of opinion.
....The man could play damn near anything and his hits were memorable....That is what makes for a great artist.
So can Taylor.
Evidently her concerts are, from what I've heard, they're on par with the Who's three and four hour concerts.

I like Glen Campbell, you were lucky to see him live.

To attempt to compare Ted Nugent to Taylor Swift is dumb. He is a hard rock guitarist from the 70’s and she is a present day multi instrumentalist pop musician. Different eras different genres.
Ted says Taylor doesn’t write anything of substance. While that may or may not be true, it really doesn’t matter. Lots of pop songs don’t. (Baby Shark?) To Teds credit he does have at least one song of importance, the being “The Great White Buffalo.”
There are no rules concerning the lyrical content of any song. Songs can be about anything.
There are a shit ton of pop musicians currently releasing music. Why did he single out Taylor? I know you all know but I’ll say it anyway. She is considered a threat for some reason. His criticism of her has nothing to do with music and everything to do with her.
My question to all the Taylor Swift haters is this. Why do you consider her a threat?

Forum List

Back