Army's 100 Years Of Honoring The Confederacy Ends

There were even a few in Hollywood who knew that.

s-l400.jpg
Hollywood shared the fantasy at times.

This Army Times article made my weekend! The article describes the renaming ceremony of Ft. Eisenhower from Ft. Gordon.

I was stationed there, then named Ft. Gordon, from 2001- 2004, including two deployments- one to Afghanistan and one Iraq. The whole time I was stationed there, I, a Yankee from Philadelphia, often bemoaned the fact that America had bases named after defeated traitors who lost a rebellion to secede from the Union to keep slavery. This was when I was introduced to the ridiculous “Lost Cause” fairytale.
Now I have one less thing to complain about. I’m proud to have now served at Ft. Eisenhower, an Army post named after an OG Antifa!

Next, the rest of the monuments, all the streets renamed, and true history taught.

And after another 30 or so years goes by. That's the end of any further support by any conservative causes, that will be of any consequence.
No you didn't. You weren't spending your time at Ft Gordon doing any such thing. I'm willing to bet you had zero idea who Ft Gordon was named after like the other 99% of people stationed there. And if you did the other people who were stationed there would have told you to STFU because they didn't care. Rename the bases that's fine I don't really care, but the idea that people who were stationed there sat around and worried about who the base was named after is ludicrous. I was stationed at 9 different bases during my career and the only one I knew anything about was LeJeune and that's only because Gen LeJeune is a legend in the Marine Corps otherwise I wouldn't have known him either. You get zero credit for telling fairy tales about how you were "woke" before "woke" was cool.

It was ignorant idiocy to name military installations after treasonous war criminals.

Removing the names of those who sought to defend slavery and destroy America from military installations is perfectly appropriate – in no manner ‘erasing’ history.
Why were they war criminals?

This Army Times article made my weekend! The article describes the renaming ceremony of Ft. Eisenhower from Ft. Gordon.

I was stationed there, then named Ft. Gordon, from 2001- 2004, including two deployments- one to Afghanistan and one Iraq. The whole time I was stationed there, I, a Yankee from Philadelphia, often bemoaned the fact that America had bases named after defeated traitors who lost a rebellion to secede from the Union to keep slavery. This was when I was introduced to the ridiculous “Lost Cause” fairytale.
Now I have one less thing to complain about. I’m proud to have now served at Ft. Eisenhower, an Army post named after an OG Antifa!

Next, the rest of the monuments, all the streets renamed, and true history taught.

And after another 30 or so years goes by. That's the end of any further support by any conservative causes, that will be of any consequence.
This is sad.

I didn’t say it was. I asked what they did that made them war criminals. RIF.
Who the fuck said they were war criminals , they may have been that also but it's besides the point they were traitors. No honor , no respect should be given to traitors.

Who the fuck said they were war criminals , they may have been that also but it's besides the point they were traitors. No honor , no respect should be given to traitors.
For fucks sake it was the post I replied to you moron. Again, RIF. Why are you responding if your so damn ignorant?

How many of your brothers died because of your racism?

For fucks sake it was the post I replied to you moron. Again, RIF. Why are you responding if your so damn ignorant?
He said they were treasonous war criminals. I couldn't go that far , although the soldiers of the North were more formal and obliged to the rules of war I'm sure there were atrocities on both sides. The bottom line is they were traitors , wether or not they were war criminals doesn't really matter. You're not picking

He said they were treasonous war criminals. I couldn't go that far , although the soldiers of the North were more formal and obliged to the rules of war I'm sure there were atrocities on both sides. The bottom line is they were traitors , wether or not they were war criminals doesn't really matter. You're not picking
Traitors, no. Their states seceded from the Union.

se·cede​

/səˈsēd/​

verb
  • 1.withdraw formally from membership of a federal union, an alliance, or a political or religious organization:"the kingdom of Belgium seceded from the Netherlands in 1830"