Army's 100 Years Of Honoring The Confederacy Ends

It won't rise to the level of treason or slavery.
Says you. Now.

What if in 100 years we find out unequivocally that life begins at conception. Will the hundreds of millions of people we killed be worse than slavery? I would argue it would be. Death is certainly worse than enslavement. And the number of deaths would dwarf those enslaved. And we aren’t even talking worldwide that’s just in the US. 73 million abortions a year, in 100 years that’s the population of the world killed assuming the number doesn’t go up or down. For reference only 67 million people died last year….

There are a million things that could change from now till then. There’s no way for us to know what that thing or belief might be or how the future will perceive it. I’m sure if you asked people in 1780 about slavery they wouldn’t have thought it was horrible at all. That it was in the normal course if human existence. They wouldn’t have been wrong. Slavery had been just a normal part of our existence for millennia. 3 years ago if you said a man could have a baby people would have laughed at you. If you deny that today there are large sections of the population that would call you a bigot and that your words were violence. So please don’t tell me that 100 years from now thing we do or say now won’t be perceived as egregious as slavery or treason because you have no clue what will or won’t come then.

Of course it isnt being changed, just you idiots keep trying to change it.
Right Mrs. Jones??
You're too stupid to understand that history isn't just events that happened it's how we frame events. Calling the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression isn't fake history it's just history told from the perspective of Southerners. Why are you people this stupid?

Yet another thread demonstrating conservatives are cowards, liars, and reprehensible scum.
Not at all. For example, I served in the Navy for 25 years making me neither cowardly, a liar or reprehensible.
In which branch did you serve Mrs. Jones? And I mean this country, not the one you came from.
Did you crawl back into your crypt Mrs. Jones???

Says you. Now.

What if in 100 years we find out unequivocally that life begins at conception.
It does. So what? That doesn't mean that's when legal protections should begin.
Will the hundreds of millions of people we killed be worse than slavery?
We all get to form our own opinion on of that. Personally I care a lot less about the lives and liberty of dependent lifeforms than the independent lives and liberty of the mothers they need to depend on to live.
I would argue it would be. Death is certainly worse than enslavement. And the number of deaths would dwarf those enslaved. And we aren’t even talking worldwide that’s just in the US. 73 million abortions a year, in 100 years that’s the population of the world killed assuming the number doesn’t go up or down. For reference only 67 million people died last year….
I'd argue the positions seem similar. You seem to have little concern for slavery and it shows in your willingness to enslave mothers on behalf of fetuses.
There are a million things that could change from now till then. There’s no way for us to know what that thing or belief might be or how the future will perceive it. I’m sure if you asked people in 1780 about slavery they wouldn’t have thought it was horrible at all. That it was in the normal course if human existence. They wouldn’t have been wrong.
Well we know from your earlier comments that you agree with slavery, morally, but it's nice to have to confirmation.
Slavery had been just a normal part of our existence for millennia. 3 years ago if you said a man could have a baby people would have laughed at you. If you deny that today there are large sections of the population that would call you a bigot and that your words were violence. So please don’t tell me that 100 years from now thing we do or say now won’t be perceived as egregious as slavery or treason because you have no clue what will or won’t come then.
I don't think we should allow concerns for a hundred years from now prevent us from forming moral opinions now. That's silly.

DIDs6UAXsAALH85.jpg

Which recent Republican Presidential candidate called blacks "Super Predators"?

Which current Republican President said, "Poor kids can be just as bright and talented as white kids"?

Which Republican President perverted scientific experiments by denying black treatment after they were infected by syphilis just to see how they suffered and died?

Which Republican President said the following about his appointment of a black man to SCOTUS: "'Son, when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he's a ******"

Oh, right, sorry.

They are democrats who said and did that: Hillary, PedoPete Biden, FDR and LBJ

Last edited:
Robert E. Lee is NOT an American war hero...only a true idiot would believe that~

Silly example, irrelevant. There is no "you" at conception, because the brain that becomes you does not exist.
Do you have some crystal ball that lets you know that? Don't focus on which issue will become the problem dum dum that's not the point. Do you think the majority of people considered slaves "people" in 1780? That they had any rights? But again, that's not the point. The point is we don't know nor can we have any clue as to which "thing" will be a problem 100 years from now. Anyone who acts like they can is either wildly arrogant or just fucking stupid. Which one are you?

It's not mud, it's just a counter point you can't respond to. We all get to advocate for political views that others might be turned off by. Not just you with your support for Israel's genocide of Palestinians.
Genocide...yeah, you’re an idiot.

Well, feel free to go try to stop it if defending terrorists is your thang.

It won't rise to the level of treason or slavery.
This is true. But you’re setting up a false choice. Whose to say that infidelity may be elevated to some sort of mortal sin. Again, I (me personally) have zero issue with naming the former Fort Gordon after President Eisenhower. I’m just saying that he, too, was a flawed man and while in 2023 the sin of coveting thy neighbor’s wife is ignored in his case; that may not be the case in 2073.

That’s my point.

They supposedly changed the name of Fort Gordon to Fort Eisenhower; Fort Bragg is now Fort Liberty, Fort Hood is Fort Cavasos.
I understand that.
Apparently it got by you...
It got by you actually. :aug08_031:
what I”m saying is that we should be careful who we name bases after because as time marches forward, behaviors of the past become less acceptable. The example I used was that Eisenhower cheated on his wife. Someone down the line is going to say, “Should we honor a man who cheated on his wife? Why buy trouble? Just name it “Fort Georgia” and be done with it.
That's not what you said and that's not my question. My question (had it not "got by you") is whether you and what's-his-name are talking about traitors or slave traders. Read what I wrote and read the words carefully rather than skim over it. What you wrote doesn't make much sense.

Ps. Who or what is Cavasos?

I understand that.

It got by you actually. :aug08_031:
Ummm no.
That's not what you said and that's not my question. My question (had it not "got by you") is whether you and what's-his-name are talking about traitors or slave traders. Read what I wrote and read the words carefully rather than skim over it. What you wrote doesn't make much sense.
I wasn’t talking about anyone. You’d have to ask the people supporting the re-naming what they are opposed to Gordon, Hood, Bragg
Ps. Who or what is Cavasos?
Not sure. Fort Hood has become Fort Cavasos.

I wasn’t talking about anyone.
I asked you what you said. I asked you what you mean. Do you refuse to tell me, are you afraid of the answer, or do you just not know? My bet is on the last alternative: you quoted someone else and thought it made you look knowledgeable although you have no idea what he/she was talking about. Or maybe your English grammar sucks and you don't know how to spell?

Forum List

Back