Armed Citizens are Better & Safer than Armed Police!

Armed Citizens Make Fewer Mistakes Than Police. Police shoot innocent people over 550% more often than armed civilians do. Civilians are there when the crime or altercation began & know who the bad guy is. Police have no clue when they finally arrive on scene & end up shooting the wrong person. Police often live on the edge, they naturally tend to shoot first and ask questions later. The Supreme Court has ruled consistently that the police are not required to protect you.

"Don't think that just because the police are trained in the use of firearms that they are less likely to kill an innocent person. A University of Chicago Study revealed that in 1993 approximately 700,000 police killed 330 innocent individuals, while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math. That's a per capita rate for the police, of almost 4000 times higher than the population in general. OK, that is a little misleading. Let's just include the 80,000,000 gun owning citizens. Now the police are down to only a 1200 times higher accidental shooting rate than the gun-owning population in general.

That still sounds high. So let's look at it in a different light. According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993. That means that for every two criminals killed by police, one innocent citizen is killed by police. Although I have the greatest respect for the police and how they must respond under pressure, I think that I would much rather trust an armed populace."

Yep

Armed Citizens Make Fewer Mistakes Than Police. Police shoot innocent people over 550% more often than armed civilians do. Civilians are there when the crime or altercation began & know who the bad guy is. Police have no clue when they finally arrive on scene & end up shooting the wrong person. Police often live on the edge, they naturally tend to shoot first and ask questions later. The Supreme Court has ruled consistently that the police are not required to protect you.

"Don't think that just because the police are trained in the use of firearms that they are less likely to kill an innocent person. A University of Chicago Study revealed that in 1993 approximately 700,000 police killed 330 innocent individuals, while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math. That's a per capita rate for the police, of almost 4000 times higher than the population in general. OK, that is a little misleading. Let's just include the 80,000,000 gun owning citizens. Now the police are down to only a 1200 times higher accidental shooting rate than the gun-owning population in general.

That still sounds high. So let's look at it in a different light. According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993. That means that for every two criminals killed by police, one innocent citizen is killed by police. Although I have the greatest respect for the police and how they must respond under pressure, I think that I would much rather trust an armed populace."

Come back when you have an unbiased and credible source.

Owning a gun makes you statistically more likely to be the victim of a gun crime. How is that safer, idiot?

You have zero credibility. Don't come back with more of your stupid lies. Gun owners are safer contrary to the popular lies you parrot.

[youtube]W9eCrs_MXxo[/youtube] [youtube]q9ZEbyDee8A[/youtube]
[youtube]kQ2IzMaqZTA[/youtube] [youtube]CInmIKVzkoM[/youtube]

Last edited:
[youtube]W9eCrs_MXxo[/youtube] [youtube]q9ZEbyDee8A[/youtube]
[youtube]kQ2IzMaqZTA[/youtube] [youtube]CInmIKVzkoM[/youtube]

These videos are bad ............. if we don't get rid of guns, the United States of America will never become a Utopia just like Thailand, our chances for a Utopian future of endless pleasures will be lost for good.

I read my Hunter NRA magazine every month. The first page I read is the page of short stories where armed citizens saved lives. You don't have to be a good shot at close range. Legal guns save lives, period!

2/3rds of gun deaths are sucides. You aren't going to see Hunter NRA run a story like this..

"Gun Owner Sally Example came home and found her son with his head blown off after he had listened to too many Pink Floyd albums. ' I bought that gun for protection', Mrs. Example said."

Of course the NRA is going to support their agenda. DUH! However, the NRA agenda is correct most of the time. Overall, guns available to responsible citizens save far more lives than libs will admit to. Of course, accidents will happen anyway. Suicides by deranged people happen if not by guns by hanging or overdoses.

No, they really don't. IN fact, according to the FBI, only 200 cases a year involved a person defending themself with a gun killing the bad guy. (And sorry, that's the only example that counts.)

The CDC report that Obama ordered showed that between 1.5 and 3 million people used a gun to successfully prevent or stop a crime with their legally owned firearms each year. Most of the time no shots had to be fired.

Tell me again how armed civilians are dangerous?

The CDC report that Obama ordered showed that between 1.5 and 3 million people used a gun to successfully prevent or stop a crime with their legally owned firearms each year. Most of the time no shots had to be fired.

Tell me again how armed civilians are dangerous?

Actually, what that report showed is that there's no way to accurately gague the 'Well, I wuz really scared and my gun made me feel better" statistic.

All that report did was compiled other people's reports, which show the estimate for DGU's ranges from 65K a year to 3M a year. Statistically, that means such studies are totally worthless. the CDC has been banned from collecting gun data or doing gun research since Kellerman debunked the NRA's claim that guns make you safer.

The Republican way. Don't like science- ignore it.

Furthermore, for every murder committed by use of a gun, there are 10 uses of a gun in self defense based on the lower estimate of 108,00 uses overall

-Geaux

Furthermore, for every murder committed by use of a gun, there are 10 uses of a gun in self defense based on the lower estimate of 108,00 uses overall

-Geaux

Yes, we know you guys flash that figure around, but it's horseshit.

Someone who can be scared off by pointing a gun at him probably wasn't that serious about doing mayhem to start with.

-Geaux

Someone who can be scared off by pointing a gun at him probably wasn't that serious about doing mayhem to start with.

Probably not scared off, more likely the criminal is dead.

-Geaux

-Geaux

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries

STUDY: Using Guns for Defense Leads to Fewer Injuries

Just a month after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, President Obama called for an assessment of the existing research on gun violence and recommendations for more studies. Now, that assessment is out, and it delves deeply into what research shows us about why gun violence happens in this country – and also into how well the defensive use of guns work.

Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away

-Geaux

Given that civilians only use their guns in legitimate self-defense 200 times a year out of some 32,000 gun deaths, it's hardly a better solution.

You are a lying sack of shit!

FBI data shows the Total Firearm Deaths in 2011 was 8,583 & only 1,271 were Felony Murder. That proves 85% of all shootings are likely justifiable homicide self defense.

I repeat!

-Geaux

So armed robbery is nothing to be afraid of?

Are you really that stupid?

-Geaux

It appears that way

-Geaux

-Geaux

Probably not scared off, more likely the criminal is dead.

-Geaux

But that's the point.

It doesn't happen that often.

According to the FBI, only 201 cases in 2011.

-Geaux

Actually, you give him your fucking wallet. Mine never has enough cash to die over, much less kill over.

Actually, you give him your fucking wallet. Mine never has enough cash to die over, much less kill over.

Meh, consequences for violating my civil rights. To hell with them

Shoot em.

-Geaux

Meh, consequences for violating my civil rights. To hell with them

Shoot em.

-Geaux

If you actually ever shot a person, you'd probably shit your pants and then spend the rest of your life in therapy.

internet.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back