Armed Citizen Holds Burglar At Gunpoint!

And you think, just because they enjoy going to a shooting range that they will shoot school children, movie goers or into the parking lot of your condo? lmao Yes, being so fearful is a terrible thing for you.

32,000 gun deaths a year. It's a reasonable fear.
Then you must be petrified to go to your doctor!

"In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.
Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says."

How Many Die From Medical Mistakes in U.S. Hospitals - ProPublica

Hey, why don't you throw in bathtubs.

Here's the thing. We need to fix a lot of things in our health care system, but we can't live without it.

All the guns go away tomorrow, we would be better off. By far.

You're living in La-la-Land.

I don't know about any other gun owners but the last thing I want is for "crazies" to get their hands on a gun. They make guns look bad when it isn't the gun's fault at all -- it's the fault of the "crazies."

But you are aware that you've pictured 6 idiots who misused a gun. I'd show pictures of the MILLIONS who haven't misused their guns if only I had the time and the bandwidth.

No, i pictured six guys who every one in their lives KNEW were crazy, but they were able to acquire a gun anyway. This is the point your side refuses to get.

There is no good reason for these six guys to have access to guns, but they were able to get them anyway. Except for Lanza, who got his guns from his equally crazy mother, all of these guys were able to walk into a gun store and buy a gun, sometimes several guns, with no one saying boo about it.

You gun nuts basically refuse to self police,a nd you refuse to let anyone else police you. And when we get a story about someone who walks into an office, or a school, or a theatre and shoots a bunch of people, you guys shrug your shoulders and say "Second Amendment" or "Well, what about all those defensive gun uses?"

The fact that your "crazies" (mostly far left liberals) were able to get guns even when laws exist that should have prevented them from doing so makes a good point!! If crazies are able to get guns regardless of the law then criminals will be able to get guns regardless of the law. If crazies and criminals are able to get guns regardless of the law then law-abiding citizens MUST be afforded the right to buy self defense weapons BECAUSE of the law. We should not be left defenseless in a dangerous world.

The fact that your "crazies" (mostly far left liberals) were able to get guns even when laws exist that should have prevented them from doing so makes a good point!! If crazies are able to get guns regardless of the law then criminals will be able to get guns regardless of the law. If crazies and criminals are able to get guns regardless of the law then law-abiding citizens MUST be afforded the right to buy self defense weapons BECAUSE of the law. We should not be left defenseless in a dangerous world.

No, it just means the laws we have are inadequate and aren't being enforced.

Clearly if someone had done a background check on these guys, they'd have found out Cho was banned from classes because he was acting strangely and Holmes was in the process of being kicked out of his school.

oooh one State off.

and a bullshitter got the same bullshit when he went looking for more bullshit.

Color me surprised.

Well, it tells me you don't know much about the subject.

It's one of those right wing things. If science doesn't say what you want- gun control, evolution, global warming - the the scientists must be part of the conspiracy.

its statistics, not science, and when you start with bullshit data you get bullshit results.

Clearly if someone had done a background check on these guys, they'd have found out Cho was banned from classes because he was acting strangely and Holmes was in the process of being kicked out of his school.

Here's JoeB in the year 8000 B.C.:

"If-m only we-m do-m away with-m clubs and spears-m we-m have-m peace-m." "Only cave-m men-m with-m small dicks have-m clubs-m."

I don't know about any other gun owners but the last thing I want is for "crazies" to get their hands on a gun. They make guns look bad when it isn't the gun's fault at all -- it's the fault of the "crazies."

But you are aware that you've pictured 6 idiots who misused a gun. I'd show pictures of the MILLIONS who haven't misused their guns if only I had the time and the bandwidth.

No, i pictured six guys who every one in their lives KNEW were crazy, but they were able to acquire a gun anyway. This is the point your side refuses to get.

There is no good reason for these six guys to have access to guns, but they were able to get them anyway. Except for Lanza, who got his guns from his equally crazy mother, all of these guys were able to walk into a gun store and buy a gun, sometimes several guns, with no one saying boo about it.

You gun nuts basically refuse to self police,a nd you refuse to let anyone else police you. And when we get a story about someone who walks into an office, or a school, or a theatre and shoots a bunch of people, you guys shrug your shoulders and say "Second Amendment" or "Well, what about all those defensive gun uses?"

Riiight! You want to have everyone believe that someone should be able to tell when a person plans to murder people.

We are fine with self policing. I have no problem stopping someone I know will commit a crime. But we are also not a separate population. We are citizens of this nation exercising our right. We are not to blame for those who abuse theirs, any more than you are to blame for reckless drivers in Omaha.

Was any of that available to law enforcement or the background check in place? Your fantasies about making every gun owner wait while someone goes around and physically talks to everyone they know is never going to happen. But there is a system in place for lunatics to be reported and listed in a database. But somehow you think that would interfere with their getting help? lol

Riiight! You want to have everyone believe that someone should be able to tell when a person plans to murder people.

We are fine with self policing. I have no problem stopping someone I know will commit a crime. But we are also not a separate population. We are citizens of this nation exercising our right. We are not to blame for those who abuse theirs, any more than you are to blame for reckless drivers in Omaha.

Exactly! Using Joe's logic all drivers on the road should make damned sure that other drivers don't drink and drive or speed through a school zone. Using Joe's logic responsible doctors should make damned certain that other doctors don't prescribe the wrong drugs or amputate the wrong limb.

But I can't believe that Liberals aren't "policing" these Loony-Lefties who keep buying guns and going on rampages. If only the law banned Liberals from buying guns all of our problems would be solved.

Exactly! Using Joe's logic all drivers on the road should make damned sure that other drivers don't drink and drive or speed through a school zone. Using Joe's logic responsible doctors should make damned certain that other doctors don't prescribe the wrong drugs or amputate the wrong limb.

But I can't believe that Liberals aren't "policing" these Loony-Lefties who keep buying guns and going on rampages. If only the law banned Liberals from buying guns all of our problems would be solved.

Except JoeyB only requires this sort of self policing from gun owners. The rest of teh world is not held to such standards.

Joe you passed over my question.....you said....lets ban all guns,and no gun deaths....it would be easy peasy....HOW are you going to go about doing this "easy" thing Joe?.....

Joe knows that he can't remove all guns but he can certainly take his aggression out on millions of law-abiding gun owners for the crimes of a tiny fraction of nut-jobs.

Well, you are when you fight every common sense gun control law in the last 40 years.

Except JoeyB only requires this sort of self policing from gun owners. The rest of teh world is not held to such standards.

When all else fails for gun nuts, bring out the bad analogies.

Here's the thing. Doctors DO self-police. YOu have medical boards that remove the bad ones from practice.

The same thing with Drivers. You don't have a National Automobile Association fighting drunk driving laws and taking down the traffic signs.

Gun nuts. THe minute you suggest closing the gun show loophole or banning private sales, they are screaming about "Freedom" and the "Second Amendment" and the "Founding Fathers".

Forum List

Back