Arkansas school board caught cyber-bullying student advocate for LGBT rights

Cyber-bullying!? Good grief, this barely amounts to the level of a cyber-chiding. I hope some of ya'll can make it to the fainting couch, we wouldn't that thin skin to get an abrasion.

I agree the media hyping it as cyber bullying is bullshit. However, it is inappropriate for someone on the school board to make it personal, and especially when not even speaking to said person. IMO it would be fine for Mrs. Powers to state why she is against LGBT, but the second she pulled in the reference to the young lady, her commentary was no longer about the topic, it was a personal "attack" on the young lady - and that is where it becomes inappropriate. Saying the young lady was rude and whatever had/has absolutely /nothing/ to do with any debate about LGBT.

Cyber-bullying!? Good grief, this barely amounts to the level of a cyber-chiding. I hope some of ya'll can make it to the fainting couch, we wouldn't that thin skin to get an abrasion.
No one need overreact, but reacting is appropriate since what this woman did wasn't. She needs to move on down the road and learn from her mistake.

“The young lady that… is heading this up is an atheist. She is also rude, and disrespectful. I had the displeasure of watching her at the Mary Beth Tinker event…”

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

You're equating that with the TALIBAN? A complaint that a young woman is "rude"?

:haha:
She should be dismissed from her position on the board. Her job is to improve her school system, not disparage the beliefs of individual students.

The right only fires their homophobes when they effect a national campaign.

All the low level homophobes and bigots are allowed to hate and hate again.

To me, if they don't like what the woman stands for and believes, that is not her problem. It wasn't like she was bringing physical harm to anyone by saying what she had to say. She has the right to speak her mind just like everyone else does and it wasn't like she was trying to rip everyone else of their right to speak their minds either. Why should she have to be punished because her beliefs are different? It isn't like she is the reason why certain people do not have whatever it is that they want. If you want something badly enough and you don't get it, don't go blaming those who are on the other side of the battle line when it is you who obviously did not fight hard enough for it.

God bless you and the woman always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
^^^ I don't know if you are asking me that, but I don't believe that certain things have to be proven at all. Usually people who think that what they want should be handed to them make full confession when they learn that what they want is not free and that they themselves will have to work for it if they ever want to get their hands on it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Correll will not apply the same standards to his weird standards.

He is a far right reactionary who is not really Christian. Just likes to yell a lot. Don't expect any goodness from him.

If I had had a board member like that when I was school board president, I would have had a public censure of her very quickly.
I'm not on the board for 6 months, come back and start reading threads, and you're still pushing this moronic reactionary bull shit.

You're pathetic.. I mean really... really pathetic.

As far as the OP goes, so the homo mafia gets a little of their own medicine. Big fucking deal. Serves them right.
Parole?

The bullying was done by the teachers and the board member, and they were rightly placed in the circle of "name and shame."

Last edited:
“The young lady that… is heading this up is an atheist. She is also rude, and disrespectful. I had the displeasure of watching her at the Mary Beth Tinker event…”

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

You're equating that with the TALIBAN? A complaint that a young woman is "rude"?

:haha:
She should be dismissed from her position on the board. Her job is to improve her school system, not disparage the beliefs of individual students.
True. She didn't just say someone was rude, she smeared the alleged religious views and the reputation of a child.

It would be like claiming because a child is Muslim or Jewish, they don't deserve as much rights to freedom of expression and speech as a Christian child.

But leave the school board member to stew in her ignorance, as now it is out in the open, and no one will trust her to be objective in her decisions.

Even though it has been around for a long time, it still amazes me that people try to make wrong doings look like they are okay to be guilty of when there is a reason why they were labeled wrong doings in the first place. Why do people think that the Lord had a 40 day flood take place all them years ago?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And before certain people here say that no such thing ever occurred because the Lorc doesn't exist, what proof do you have of you belief? And yes, them people would ask, "What proof do you have of your belief?" Well that right there is just it. To me, the Bible is no different than a school text book about history. If you are not going to believe anything that is in the Bible, why believe anything that you read about in school? Yeah some people can say that they know people who experienced what is in those books. Well what are they going to say about things that people they know were not a part of? Just because you can't verify the word of the Lord in such a way does not mean that what is in there isn't true.

JOSweetheart, better and worse ways exist to handle situations.

The school board member and the teachers tried to impose their morality publicly, and the student correctly slapped them down for it.

They need to have their pastors counsel them on how to effect I Cor 1 :1-13 in counseling the student. They may be told to leave it alone for the time being.

Guys, never allow others to use their free agency to make life choices for you that should be made by your free agency. People who try to do that are practicing the sin of unrighteous dominion.

Last edited:
^^^ I get what you are saying. I'm just saying that I think that its hypocritical of people to encourage something that they in the end believe to be wrong regardless of whatever the laws may be. Just because the law says that its okay doesn't mean that it really is okay, like smoking pot for example. To me, making things legally okay whether they really are okay or not is just welcoming them things to be done more and more.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I don't think there is a problem with the school board member expressing her disapproval of LGBT, or even arguing against LGBT acceptance at the school - but again, the problem is that the woman decided to incorporate a personal attack - as though the disposition of the LGBT student activist had /anything/ to do with how /most/ LGBT's act.

Had she not decided to make it a personal issue with the young lady, then there really wouldn't be a story here.

^^^ That is true too. It should never be dumped on anyone the way that other people choose to behave concerning any matter, unless they are too young to know better of course, when we are supposed to be responsible for our own choice of words and actions.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back