Zone1 Argument: USMB is a safe space for right wing politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words you're saying, "get out of my safe space"?

I don't believe in "safe spaces."

What I am saying is, if you think you are being treated unfairly, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. You don't pay to be here, you are not forced to be here, you've barely participated in the community since joining so you shouldn't miss it and you sure as hell won't be missed, and there are any number of other message boards that will embrace you. So go.

Or stay.

Makes me, and I'm sure I can speak for almost everyone else, makes me and everyone else no never mind.

But if you stay, for the love of GOD quit your GOD damned whining.

To be clear, I don't mean this to be a taunt or something incendiary since, as a leftist, I don't think safe spaces are entirely a bad thing. I'm just making the point that, given how right-wingers' derogatory posts often go untouched by mods here while similar left wing posts tend to get the full deletion-and-warning treatment, there may be a little doublemindedness in admins' approach here. It seems a lot like the cancel culture rightwingers claim to hate.

If you want to cancel this post and lock it or ban me or whatever go ahead I guess.

You have to pick where you fight which battles here based on the thread rules. It can't be that hard to comply with them since I cannot even recall the last time a mod dinked me when I have made posts that left me thinking as soon as I hit the enter key, "Damn I am getting so infracted for that one" and then nothing. It isn't a left-right thing so far as I can tell. I hate both sides, sometimes vehemently.

In the most recent thread of mine that you deleted, whicu contained no direct insults of members, here were the replies directed at me that you ignored:

"Maybe in that poster's family" (a reference to my family)

"Kind of an alien concept to demscum" (first insult of the thread and it wasn't by me)

"Fool"

"You're not a bright one."

I am not complaining. LET THE INSULTS COME. But what are you doing locking my post when I insulted no one and violated no clear rules, while ignoring comments like that that clearly violate rules? It's cancel culture, plain and simple.
If you must talk about your short comings, Johnnie........It was a zone 1 forum and your thread was a cheap assed bait thread.
Non compliant zone 1 threads are automatically closed. If you placed your bait thread in a zone 2 forum it would have been placed
either the Badlands or Rubber Room.
Make no mistake, it was on you. Bait threads usually get responses that you got....hence....Bait Thread.

To be clear, I don't mean this to be a taunt or something incendiary since, as a leftist, I don't think safe spaces are entirely a bad thing. I'm just making the point that, given how right-wingers' derogatory posts often go untouched by mods here while similar left wing posts tend to get the full deletion-and-warning treatment, there may be a little doublemindedness in admins' approach here. It seems a lot like the cancel culture rightwingers claim to hate.

If you want to cancel this post and lock it or ban me or whatever go ahead I guess.
giphy.gif

If you must talk about your short comings, Johnnie........It was a zone 1 forum and your thread was a cheap assed bait thread.
Non compliant zone 1 threads are automatically closed. If you placed your bait thread in a zone 2 forum it would have been placed
either the Badlands or Rubber Room.
Make no mistake, it was on you. Bait threads usually get responses that you got....hence....Bait Thread.
And the multiple threads proclaiming homosexuality sinful aren't baiting? Or doesn't it depend on whether you're being serious or not? Whether you actually believe what you're saying and can say it civilly vs if you're just trying to start trouble? I was being quite serious that the psychology of belief in hell is like that of belief in monsters under the bed and the unknown. Inevitably that will offend people but how else can you address flaws in people's deepest held beliefs without offending?

I followed zone 1 rules and was civil, didn't insult, name call or put down. It was no more baiting than threads deriding homosexuals or atheists are baiting. You just didn't like it.

There are no real safe spaces here, go cry in a corner. Honestly! :rolleyes:
USMB codewords:
"Zone 1" = christian right wing safe space
"Baiting" = your leftist ideas triggered me
Zone 1 non-compliant = "canceled"
"Go cry in a corner" = leave my safe space now
"Sock" = no really get out of my safe space I am a rightwing Snowflake and you're melting me ahhhh

I see you don't post much, I certainly don't know you. FYI there's plenty of derogatory posts made by both sides and the mods appear to be a reasonable mix of Left and Right.

Isnt someone fooling themself? Seems like some just can't handle a little challenge or poke coming from outside their christian conservative bubble?
You go from you didn't insult anyone to "can't handle a little challenge or poke coming from......" :rolleyes-41:
You were name calling, dude.

John...you really don't have a clue about what a zone 1 forum is all about do you? Just be honest.

What does that even mean anyway?

Perspective? From that?

Come on, man...
So if leftist admins are deleting and locking your conservative-favoring posts on a leftist message board, and a member tells you, "I never have a problem with that" and that member happens to be liberal you'd find that to be irrelevant information?

You go from you didn't insult anyone to "can't handle a little challenge or poke coming from......" :rolleyes-41:
You were name calling, dude.

John...you really don't have a clue about what a zone 1 forum is all about do you? Just be honest.
I think I just described what it is in my above response to Road Runner.

If you see no difference between a challenge and baiting then don't you not understand what a challenge is?

You still don't understand, and I can't coach the uncoachable.
Enjoy the board as much as you can.
Well I'll continue to be civil, not insult or name call people, and see how long it takes to get banned for disrupting the echo chamber too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back