Aren't right wingers curious why their Leader, Mitt won't release his tax returns?

I said, Where are your bullet points why who is funding a campaign is not relevant? You create straw men to dance, Obamas campaign was not about his intelligence. You're saying that people think Obama is smart and because of that you want transcripts from college. I'm saying who is funding any campaign is important and should be disclosed. Why are you for one because people say and against the other? You're dancing...if you changed the word from Romney to Obama you would be screaming George Soros until you shat your undies and demand to know.

Man, they are SERIOUS about the double standard. We should start a pool for when a right-wing fringer actually admits Mittens isn't the second coming.

I know I want a president who has a track record of being a true patriot. Hiding money in foreign countries so you don't have to pay taxes in the country you want to lead says alot about Mitt Romney. It shouts Romney is all about himself 1st and his country second. Who does he think he is, Obama?
But for conservatives there should be much bigger issues. Did Mitt tell the truth about what he would really do as president when he was running in the primary or was that an etch-a-sketch thing? Or is Mitt going to mislead the American public because what he said to his base really doesn't sit well with Main Street America's working Americans.
In the end, no one is forcing anyone to vote either and just Republican or Democrats, so why are people so afraid to vote their conscience?

Last edited:
I know I want a president who has a track record of being a true patriot. Hiding money in foreign countries so you don't have to pay taxes in the country you want to lead leave says alot about Mitt Romney. It shouts Romney is all about himself 1st and his country second. Who does he think he is, Obama?
But for conservatives there should be much bigger issues. Did Mitt tell the truth about what he would really do as president when he was running in the primary or was that an etch-a-sketch thing? Or is Mitt going to mislead the American public because what he said to his base really doesn't sit well with Main Street America's working Americans.
In the end, no one is forcing anyone to vote either and just Republican or Democrats, so why are people so afraid to vote their conscience?

He'll be a TP patriot until he has to start pandering to the Independents. Then things are gonna get real interesting.

Not a problem! I'll go ahead and link the bullshit where it started. Pretty damn obvious I didn't do shit but weigh in on weed, but you were so fucked up you decided I was taking sides.

Whiner.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5378939-post10211.html

Now, she says she's not sleeping, and one of your buddies tell her she needs to get laid. Oh, that was fine. No really. Your tender sensibilities weren't offended then. But once a liberal said she should smoke some weed and get a battery-operated boyfriend, you got all bent out of shape.

He also recommended the Serenity Prayer.

So then I posted "...." - and you neg-repped me, at which point I came undone. Seriously. I posted a bunch of dots and you neg-repped me because I "got in the middle" of your stupid ass schoolyard boy posturing shit.

So yeah. Fuck YOU very much, and know how I know you're drunk? Cuz you can't follow a simple conversation.

Cupcake, I thought your tits lit up for me and me only. Now I realize those swinging mammers light up for just about anyone. Your options may be limited at this point in your life, but have some self-respect and restraint...

Men. So easily led.

And good morning to you too

I know I want a president who has a track record of being a true patriot. Hiding money in foreign countries so you don't have to pay taxes in the country you want to lead leave says alot about Mitt Romney. It shouts Romney is all about himself 1st and his country second. Who does he think he is, Obama?

He'll be a TP patriot until he has to start pandering to the Independents. Then things are gonna get real interesting.

I think it says he is smart with his money. A trait not shared by the current buffoon in office. Also says much about our tax code. But nothing about him. Anyone with enough excess money that they would like to keep would be wise to look at offshore accounts. Especially with the constant drumbeat of "EAT THE RICH" coming from the left.

But the fact remains you have no questions as to who is funding Romney's campaign or where he gets his money? You dont have bullet point questions showing why who is "lining his pockets" (as the repubs like to call it only with Obama, thats the rule) may be important?

who is funding his campaign OR his lifestyle is not a platform he is running on. If he said "I am a self made man and that is why I should be president"...then yes, I want to see proof of it.

The Obama campaign was all about his "intelligence"....certainly not hios experience.....yet no one wanted to see proof of it.

Enough said

I said, Where are your bullet points why who is funding a campaign is not relevant? You create straw men to dance, Obamas campaign was not about his intelligence. You're saying that people think Obama is smart and because of that you want transcripts from college. I'm saying who is funding any campaign is important and should be disclosed. Why are you for one because people say and against the other? You're dancing...if you changed the word from Romney to Obama you would be screaming George Soros until you shat your undies and demand to know.

Huh?
What are you talking about?

OK....let me ask you this...

Why did you vote for Obama. Other than the words of his speech writers and his charisma, what other factor(s) did yoiu apply to determine he was a better call than Hillary...and/or McCain?

I will tell you this.....most I spoke to were enamored with his intelligence. Most told me we needed an intelligent man in the WH to get us out of the mess. Most down played his lack of experience....downplayed his lack of legislation authoring....downplayed his party line voting...anjd always fell back on his "obvious intelligence"......so I ask why no one cared for proof.

Now bear in mind...those that said "Harvard education is proof enough" were the same ones who said "Yale education is not enough proof to support Bush's intelligence"....

As for Romney...who is funding his campaign? My guess is big business owners and executives....and I am fine with that. Do I need proof? Why? He is not out there saying "I dont get a dime from buig business owners and executives"...

So tell me...why did you vote for Obama in 2008?

well...lets see...

She was an accomplished Governor with a very high approval rating
She was a woman....
She was a conservative...

What were her downfalls?

Unintelligent? Really? Based on what? The fact that she had a brain freeze during an interrtview? The fact that she was not aware of what the Bush Doctrine was, (nobody knew it by that name). The fact that SNL imitated her and the worl.d thought it was for real? Lack of experience?

Lets see what would have happened if Obama was vetted the same way....

Intelligence....we know he went to Harvard but he refused to release his records. Bush went to Yale but was deemed an idiot and only got in becuase of his dad....Did obama only get in becuase of affirnmative action? So was he truly "intelligent"? Do we know if he knew what the Bush Doctrine was? No one asked himn for MONTHS before Palin came into the picture. Do we know what newspapers he read? No one asked hiom for MONTHS before Palin came into the picture and was asked. Lack of experience? What did he accomplish as a senator? Did he write any legislation of national importance?

Here is a good question....with the true answer...

How successful was he as an attorney? Do you have any idea?

Here is the answer...and you can look it up in Wiki...

He was hired by a law firm to conduct contract review. A very low level a starting point for an arttorney. Usually paralegals conduct contract review. Three years later? He was still conducting contract review,

So what was the DNC thinking when they picked him?

My first impression of Palin (before any of the SNL skits, nightly appearances on the Daily Show or any of the disastrous interviews on the major networks) was that she had an IQ of about 80. Nothing she said or did after that changed my mind and I found it particularly telling that at every appearance, her handlers would rush her from the building to the campaign bus without a peep to any reporter.

Obama was a law professor at a prestigious university. Whatever his other failings, I don't see how you could legitimately question his intelligence.

Really? How can you not question his intelligence? He seems borderline stupid at times. He's 50 and frankly, I had more real-world exoerience at age 21... his only private sector job he describes as the worst period of his life.

What kind of real world experience are you talking about? I don't mean to dismiss what you're saying out of hand because most politicians become rather inept at tasks that we working class people take for granted but they experience other things that we never will.

Jeez...I gotta tell you guys....none of you seem to get it.

It is not about who funds who...it is not about intelligence...it is not about the words of speech writers.....it is not about dogs on roof tops or dogs on rice...it is not about pranks as a kid nor about drug usage as a kid...it is not about black and white...it is not about ideology

It is about leading congress and getting things done.

Noiw, we know that Obama was able to lead conbgress to get things done when congress was dem majority in both houses....but that was easy...

With split houses? EVEN HE, Obama himself, admits he couldnt get them to do anything. No budget, no bi partisna support for anything. Is that a good thing for any of us?

Can Romney do it?

I dont know....but we know Obama cant....and he admits it everyday.

Romney's failure to release all of his tax returns is somewhat politically embarrassing, so presumably he has chosen not to release them because the returns themselves are even more politically embarrassing. We've seen any number of embarrassing issues crop up when tax returns for politicians seeking elected or appointive office are released. In Romney's case, presumably he has employed any number of potentially embarrassing devices to keep his effective tax-rate below that of many middle-class voters. That alone (and who knows whether there are other things) might be reason enough for him to choose not to release them. One thing that I am certain of is that if there was nothing in the returns that could hurt him politically then he would release them.

And why on earth is it embarassing?

Because Romney pays a lower tax rate than salaried voters because he is richer than them (one cannot derive large amounts of investment income without large assets). This is the sort of thing that some voters resent, and almost none applaud. Because Romney keeps some of his money in secretive accounts in the Cayman islands to avoid US tax liability. Even conservatives say that Romney's handling of his tax returns has hurt him (DeMint says Romney's tax answer 'hurt him' - POLITICO.com) and I'm inclined to think that that is because his tax returns are an inherent liability.

Personally, I'm sympathetic to the argument that everyone is entitled to pay the least amount of taxes they legally can (which Romney may or may not have done) even if that means exploiting loopholes. But I think it is clear enough that some of these devices, including the ones we know Romney has used, are political liabilities.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say you make $75k per year and pay a 10% tax rate which results in $7.5k in taxes. Let's Say I make $750k per year and have a 5% tax rate that results in $37.5k in taxes. I'm paying 5 times as much in tax as you. Just how much do you consider being a "fair share". I get a tax rate break because I pay so damn much more in taxes than the average joe. Isn't it kind of difficult to justify bitching about someone paying 5 times what you pay? Rather than raise tax rates on the rich, wouldn't you rather see your rate lowered to my rate and the government learn to live within their means?

Last edited:

I think it says he is smart with his money. A trait not shared by the current buffoon in office. Also says much about our tax code. But nothing about him. Anyone with enough excess money that they would like to keep would be wise to look at offshore accounts. Especially with the constant drumbeat of "EAT THE RICH" coming from the left.

I remember when a presidential candidate's service to his country really meant something,,,,,times sure have changed. Now it's admirable how a candidate got out of paying his taxes by hiding income, amazing,,simply amazing. I see a downwards trend here.

My first impression of Palin (before any of the SNL skits, nightly appearances on the Daily Show or any of the disastrous interviews on the major networks) was that she had an IQ of about 80. Nothing she said or did after that changed my mind and I found it particularly telling that at every appearance, her handlers would rush her from the building to the campaign bus without a peep to any reporter.

Obama was a law professor at a prestigious university. Whatever his other failings, I don't see how you could legitimately question his intelligence.

Really? How can you not question his intelligence? He seems borderline stupid at times. He's 50 and frankly, I had more real-world exoerience at age 21... his only private sector job he describes as the worst period of his life.

What kind of real world experience are you talking about? I don't mean to dismiss what you're saying out of hand because most politicians become rather inept at tasks that we working class people take for granted but they experience other things that we never will.

He was not aware that it would be quite difficult to accomplish the one thing he ran hard on.....bi partisanship.
He was not aware that it would be next to impossible to operate without military tribunals and GITMO.
He was not aware how difficult iot would be to keep the "no lobbysists" promise
He was not aware how difficult it would be to be competely transparent to the american people
He was not aware of how difficult it would be to cut and run in Iraq.
He was not aware of how difficult it would be to get Iran to back off nukes.

All of this was from lack of "real" world experience.

He was thinking from an ideal perfect world satndpoiint.....and many of us knew he was taking on more than he can chew.

Now Hillary?

There is someone who knew. We blew it with Hillary.

I remember when a presidential candidate's service to his country really meant something,,,,,times sure have changed. Now it's admirable how a candidate got out of paying his taxes by hiding income, amazing,,simply amazing. I see a downwards trend here.

I think you have mistaken what "service to one's country" means.

Jeez...I gotta tell you guys....none of you seem to get it.

It is not about who funds who...it is not about intelligence...it is not about the words of speech writers.....it is not about dogs on roof tops or dogs on rice...it is not about pranks as a kid nor about drug usage as a kid...it is not about black and white...it is not about ideology

It is about leading congress and getting things done.

Noiw, we know that Obama was able to lead conbgress to get things done when congress was dem majority in both houses....but that was easy...

With split houses? EVEN HE, Obama himself, admits he couldnt get them to do anything. No budget, no bi partisna support for anything. Is that a good thing for any of us?

Can Romney do it?

I dont know....but we know Obama cant....and he admits it everyday.

What you're talking about is republican obstructionism and it seemed to escalate in a major way after the 2010 tea party delegates entered Congress. I think the main issue in the next election will be less about who becomes president than it is about the Congressional mix.

Well the democrats had a draft dodger along with a rat named Kerry, that did atrocities and then ratted on people so he got away with it. Then he basically turned his back on the military and has a couple of fake purple hearts, I think it started there

You realize they were all British subjects at the time. Huh?

Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.

Romney’s approach to campaign openness: Keep secrets and release only what law says he must

BOSTON — Keeping his secrets, Mitt Romney tends to lift the veil on his finances and campaign only if the law says he must.

The Republican presidential candidate refuses to identify his biggest donors who “bundle” money for his campaign. He often declines to say who’s meeting with him or what he’s doing for hours at a time. He puts limits on media access to his fundraisers. And he resists releasing all of his tax returns, making just a single year public after facing pressure to do so.

Romney’s approach to campaign openness: Keep secrets and release only what law says he must - The Washington Post

President Obama released six years worth of his tax returns March 25, 2008, trying to pressure his then-Democratic rival Hillary Clinton to do the same. Obama has since released his tax returns annually, and his campaign has sought to make an issue out of Romney not releasing his tax returns, or the donors who bundle financial contributions for his campaign.

Romney has never released his tax returns – when running for US Senate in 1994, for governor of Massachusetts in 2002, or during his last presidential bid in 2008. During his 1994 race against Senator Edward M. Kennedy, he called on him to release his state and federal taxes to prove he had “nothing to hide.”

Mitt Romney refuses to release tax returns - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

He already did during the debates ditto-head---:cuckoo:

another false premise thread by rdeadbraincells. I'm shocked!

I think you have mistaken what "service to one's country" means.[/QUOTE

Enlighten me.

He was not aware that it would be quite difficult to accomplish the one thing he ran hard on.....bi partisanship.
He was not aware that it would be next to impossible to operate without military tribunals and GITMO.
He was not aware how difficult iot would be to keep the "no lobbysists" promise
He was not aware how difficult it would be to be competely transparent to the american people
He was not aware of how difficult it would be to cut and run in Iraq.
He was not aware of how difficult it would be to get Iran to back off nukes.

All of this was from lack of "real" world experience.

He was thinking from an ideal perfect world satndpoiint.....and many of us knew he was taking on more than he can chew.

Now Hillary?

There is someone who knew. We blew it with Hillary.

Yeah, it was pretty idealistic but Americans seem to want a leader that projects high ideals and confidence. I don't see this as being much different than Romney blowing smoke that he knows how to deal with the economy.

You realize they were all British subjects at the time. Huh?

Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/228563-sarah-palin-and-paul-revere.html

Forum List

Back