Aren't right wingers curious why their Leader, Mitt won't release his tax returns?

He'll be a TP patriot until he has to start pandering to the Independents. Then things are gonna get real interesting.

I think it says he is smart with his money. A trait not shared by the current buffoon in office. Also says much about our tax code. But nothing about him. Anyone with enough excess money that they would like to keep would be wise to look at offshore accounts. Especially with the constant drumbeat of "EAT THE RICH" coming from the left.

I remember when a presidential candidate's service to his country really meant something,,,,,times sure have changed. Now it's admirable how a candidate got out of paying his taxes by hiding income, amazing,,simply amazing. I see a downwards trend here.

He is not hiding his income. He pays his taxes from the accounts he has in the Cayman Islands.

Jeez...I gotta tell you guys....none of you seem to get it.

It is not about who funds who...it is not about intelligence...it is not about the words of speech writers.....it is not about dogs on roof tops or dogs on rice...it is not about pranks as a kid nor about drug usage as a kid...it is not about black and white...it is not about ideology

It is about leading congress and getting things done.

Noiw, we know that Obama was able to lead conbgress to get things done when congress was dem majority in both houses....but that was easy...

With split houses? EVEN HE, Obama himself, admits he couldnt get them to do anything. No budget, no bi partisna support for anything. Is that a good thing for any of us?

Can Romney do it?

I dont know....but we know Obama cant....and he admits it everyday.

What you're talking about is republican obstructionism and it seemed to escalate in a major way after the 2010 tea party delegates entered Congress. I think the main issue in the next election will be less about who becomes president than it is about the Congressional mix.

GOP obstructionism is a talking point Joe. The GOP will always look to obstruct a DEM president just as the DEM will look to obstruct a GOP president.

But the more successful presidents found ways to break that barrier.

Such as Clinton and Reagan.

Obamas mistake was his ramming through the strimulus and healthcare...using the words "I won" when addressing the GOP.

That is NOT how you get people to work with you.

If you and another friend were trying to make plans for the weekend...and you said "lets go to the beach" and he said "I want to go to the library instead"...and you said lets discuss this and he said "its my car and we are going to the library"...how long would you stay his friend? How flexible will you be with him when it is your car?

I remember when a presidential candidate's service to his country really meant something,,,,,times sure have changed. Now it's admirable how a candidate got out of paying his taxes by hiding income, amazing,,simply amazing. I see a downwards trend here.

I think you have mistaken what "service to one's country" means.[/QUOTE

Enlighten me.

Well, it has nothing to do with an individuals tax burden. At least not to anyone reasonable.

It is not about who funds who...it is not about intelligence...it is not about the words of speech writers.....it is not about dogs on roof tops or dogs on rice...it is not about pranks as a kid nor about drug usage as a kid...it is not about black and white...it is not about ideology

Noiw, we know that Obama was able to lead conbgress to get things done when congress was dem majority in both houses....but that was easy...

With split houses? EVEN HE, Obama himself, admits he couldnt get them to do anything. No budget, no bi partisna support for anything. Is that a good thing for any of us?

Can Romney do it?

None of them want to acknowlege the fact that Barry is a failure as POTUS.

Its a hell of a lot easier to run for POTUS than to be POTUS.

A fact Barry is learning every day.

Anyone who can't see what a failure this guy is has blinders on and doesn't want to see the facts.

They will blindly vote for him in Nov just because they hope he will get it right with another four years to play.

After all. He's THE ONE.

You realize they were all British subjects at the time. Huh?

Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/228563-sarah-palin-and-paul-revere.html

Yeah two votes so far that say she is wrong.
Did you ever go and take a tour of that church and hear what the tour guide says?

You realize they were all British subjects at the time. Huh?

Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/228563-sarah-palin-and-paul-revere.html

Yeah two votes so far that say she is wrong.
Did you ever go and take a tour of that church and hear what the tour guide says?

Go to the thread, Peach. We've derailed enough.

Can Romney do it?

None of them want to acknowlege the fact that Barry is a failure as POTUS.

Its a hell of a lot easier to run for POTUS than to be POTUS.

A fact Barry is learning every day.

Anyone who can't see what a failure this guy is has blinders on and doesn't want to see the facts.

They will blindly vote for him in Nov just because they hope he will get it right with another four years to play.

After all. He's THE ONE.

I am pretty sure that when he met with GWB that day back in January 2009....behind closed doors....and GWB exposed him to some classified info...

Obama said "holy fucking shit. What have I gotten myself into"

it is easy to say "I will make farts smell like roses"

It is next to impossible to make it happen.

Can Romney do it?

What you're talking about is republican obstructionism and it seemed to escalate in a major way after the 2010 tea party delegates entered Congress. I think the main issue in the next election will be less about who becomes president than it is about the Congressional mix.

GOP obstructionism is a talking point Joe. The GOP will always look to obstruct a DEM president just as the DEM will look to obstruct a GOP president.

But the more successful presidents found ways to break that barrier.

Such as Clinton and Reagan.

Obamas mistake was his ramming through the strimulus and healthcare...using the words "I won" when addressing the GOP.

That is NOT how you get people to work with you.

If you and another friend were trying to make plans for the weekend...and you said "lets go to the beach" and he said "I want to go to the library instead"...and you said lets discuss this and he said "its my car and we are going to the library"...how long would you stay his friend? How flexible will you be with him when it is your car?

It seems to me that Obama was overly conciliatory during the first couple of years. It was only after the republicans showed that they were not willing to compromise in any way that Obama started applying excessive force. I had cut him some slack during that time because blowback is a bitch. Had I known how uncompromising the republicans were going to be after 2010, I'd have cheered for a scorched earth approach.

It's not just perception that obstructionism has become extreme. Check this out:

The Rise Of Cloture: How GOP Filibuster Threats Have Changed The Senate | TPMDC

Nope, I'm not concerned at all. I'm more concerned about the sheer volume of things we don't know about obama. The mountains of details that he keeps hidden about himself.

As long as the IRS knows what Romney makes, that's good enough for me.

Well, it has nothing to do with an individuals tax burden. At least not to anyone reasonable.

So Mitt's a patriot? Willing to fight, die and give his all for his country?

Well now that is a bit off point. Lets get back to your belief that "service to your country" means "don't minimize your tax burden". Is it possible to "serve your country" while paying no taxes? How about by not only paying no taxes, but not serving in the military either?

What do YOU think "service to one's country" means, such that anyone that could not give two shits about an offshore account does not see virtue in YOUR definition...

I think it says he is smart with his money. A trait not shared by the current buffoon in office. Also says much about our tax code. But nothing about him. Anyone with enough excess money that they would like to keep would be wise to look at offshore accounts. Especially with the constant drumbeat of "EAT THE RICH" coming from the left.

He is not hiding his income. He pays his taxes from the accounts he has in the Cayman Islands.

link?

Big to do about nothing in my book.

Some folks aren't cut out for the military. Hell there are millions in this country who have never and will never serve. Romney and Barry are two who never served. It i s what it is.

Romenys kids are just a few of those millioins. Just because Dad is running for POTUS doesn't mean they should have to serve.

Wonder if Barry's girls will serve when either are old enough to enlist?

I also wonder if Barry will get grief because neither of them serve in the military?

What is with this nonstop double standard from the left? What a pack of sickening, total hypocrites. Romney released last year and the current year -EXACT same thing Obama did in 2008 when he first ran. Oh no problem that Obama did that but Romney is somehow required to do MORE than a Democrat candidate? Once President tax returns are released every year but why in your midget mind is Romney obligated to go above and beyond what Obama did and now should have to release tax returns going even further back as a private citizen than Obama was when he first ran? This nonstop bullshit demanding the Republican be held to a standard the Democrat one never abides by himself is beyond revolting and truly reveals the depths of utter moral bankruptcy of the left.

Let me know when we can see Hillary Clinton's and Obama's college records. Let me know when the media gets around to actually vetting Obama instead of seeing we are STILL finding out information about Obama to this day that should have been found, aired and discussed years ago. There should not be ANY new information about Obama just now coming out -but there is a steady stream of it. Like the fact he was a dues paying member of the leftwing extremist New Party in 1996. This is something he vehemently denied when it was first mentioned in 2008 and the liberal media immediately shunted this story aside and refused to even look at it. But here it is years later and we find out Obama LIED THROUGH HIS FUCKING TEETH ABOUT IT. Want to keep pretending the media doesn't bend over backwards to help the Democrat and bury the Republican? We have an 11 page monstrosity of a contradicted and challenged story about a single incident when Romney was a minor -but factual and well supported stories about Obama the MAN are buried by the media and it requires alternative sources to get around their refusal to do their fucking jobs?

Oh but that isn't important to you liberals, right? Not when trolling through Romney adolescence and discovering he may have given a kid a wedgie is what you want to pretend tells you a damn thing about the man today, right? Whereas you morons want to pretend the people he surrounds himself with to this day and the organizations he joined as dues paying member as an adult - tells you nothing about who Obama really is, right? Not interested in Romney's old tax returns.

So Mitt's a patriot? Willing to fight, die and give his all for his country?

Well now that is a bit off point. Lets get back to your belief that "service to your country" means "don't minimize your tax burden". Is it possible to "serve your country" while paying no taxes? How about by not only paying no taxes, but not serving in the military either?

What do YOU think "service to one's country" means, such that anyone that could not give two shits about an offshore account does not see virtue in YOUR definition...

I'm old school, I think a presidential candidate should be willing to give to his country. Romney hasn't shown me that and neither did candidate Obama in 2008.

I'm old school, I think a presidential candidate should be willing to give to his country. Romney hasn't shown me that and neither did candidate Obama in 2008.

Give what? Money? Time? Life? I'd prefer a candidate with military experience- but that has fuck-all to do with tax avoidance.

Can Romney do it?

Yup. It's called the Executive Office for a reason - good management. And, Obama admits he is absolutely inept at it almost every day.

Seriously, what board of directors accepts the excuse, "I can't perform because my team won't perform"?

That sort of excuse gets an immediate shitcan at any level.

Forum List

Back