Are you watching debates?

• No. I only rely on summary by a news outlet

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I do. The entire thing.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Parts of it. On and off

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Wow, so Haley and DeSantis just voiced their support for what was popularly known as Trumpā€™s ā€œMuslim Banā€ ā€” (though Haley wants to call it by a different name).

Hereā€™s the full quote from Haley: ā€œI donā€™t think that you have a straight up ā€˜Muslim Banā€™ as much as you look at the countries that have terrorist activity that want to hurt Americans. You can ban those people from those countries. The way we should look at it is, which countries are a threat to us? You look at what came across the southern border. What worries me the most are those that came from Iran, from Yemen, from Lebanon, those areas where they say ā€˜Death to America.ā€™ Thatā€™s where you want to be careful.ā€

DeSantis then makes it even more explicit: ā€œYou have more anti-Semitism in Germany than at any time since Adolf Hitler. Why? Because they imported mass numbers of people who reject their culture.ā€ (Here, Iā€™ll translate: heā€™s talking about Europeā€™s large population of immigrants from the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, many of them Muslims). ā€œEurope is committing suicide with the mass migration, and itā€™s illegal . . . There needs to be limits on immigration, and we should not be importing people from cultures that are hostile.ā€

Trumpā€™s so-called ā€œMuslim Banā€ was the subject of protracted court battles, and ultimately a Supreme Court decision, during his term in office. Initially, Trump who had pledged on the campaign trail to stop Muslims from entering the United States, sought to ban entry to the nationals of seven Muslim-majority countries. Even though court challenges eventually watered down the policy, Trump successfully brought Muslim immigration to the United States to a near standstill during his presidency.

I would if I had cable access. I like to observe the interaction between the candidates and now that "What's his face" dropped out the candidates will have longer for their theatrics. LOL
Do you have CW channel?

Wow, so Haley and DeSantis just voiced their support for what was popularly known as Trumpā€™s ā€œMuslim Banā€ ā€” (though Haley wants to call it by a different name).

Hereā€™s the full quote from Haley: ā€œI donā€™t think that you have a straight up ā€˜Muslim Banā€™ as much as you look at the countries that have terrorist activity that want to hurt Americans. You can ban those people from those countries. The way we should look at it is, which countries are a threat to us? You look at what came across the southern border. What worries me the most are those that came from Iran, from Yemen, from Lebanon, those areas where they say ā€˜Death to America.ā€™ Thatā€™s where you want to be careful.ā€

DeSantis then makes it even more explicit: ā€œYou have more anti-Semitism in Germany than at any time since Adolf Hitler. Why? Because they imported mass numbers of people who reject their culture.ā€ (Here, Iā€™ll translate: heā€™s talking about Europeā€™s large population of immigrants from the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, many of them Muslims). ā€œEurope is committing suicide with the mass migration, and itā€™s illegal . . . There needs to be limits on immigration, and we should not be importing people from cultures that are hostile.ā€

Trumpā€™s so-called ā€œMuslim Banā€ was the subject of protracted court battles, and ultimately a Supreme Court decision, during his term in office. Initially, Trump who had pledged on the campaign trail to stop Muslims from entering the United States, sought to ban entry to the nationals of seven Muslim-majority countries. Even though court challenges eventually watered down the policy, Trump successfully brought Muslim immigration to the United States to a near standstill during his presidency.

I saw it. Nikki explained it depends on the country.

Ramaswamy might have criticized Haley for having a blank stare earlier. But her side eye when heā€™s speaking is actually quite telling.

ā€œItā€™s not worth my time to respond to him,ā€ Haley retorts to Ramaswamy ā€” whose previous attacks on her in debates have arguably been a gift. (In the November debate she memorably told him, ā€œyouā€™re just scum.ā€)

Vivek Ramaswamy has repeatedly attacked Nikki Haley at the GOP debates. But this time, he brought a prop that he held up: a notebook that says ā€œNIKKI= CORRUPT.ā€ Ramaswamy then proceeded to criticize Haleyā€™s announcement video for sounding ā€œwoke.ā€

The best part about Ramaswamy writing his insults of Haley on a big piece of paper is that now anyone can photoshop what the paper says and make it a meme.

I wasn't watching it until someone posted a link above. It was bad enough until that bloated fat bastard Chris Christie started going off on Trump again, at which point I quit watching it. He should drop the fuck out already.
Trump is the leading candidate. Why woudn't the others oppose him, unless they are scared to?

I'm neither watching nor turning to the media afterwards for their thoughts. I registered my political party preference as No Labels and am holding off consideration of a person until he or she qualifies as a candidate in our state's presidential election.

Can't wait for the Democratic debate1 Oh wait there is none because the elites rigged it for Biden not to have opposition. The DNC needs Reform!

So far the Republican presidential candidates are doing well except for a few juvenile attacks. Haley doing well I agree with her on foreign policy, not on Social Security. They are all making good points on mainland China.

Trump is the leading candidate. Why woudn't the others oppose him, unless they are scared to?

Of course Trump is the leading candidate. Why should the others even oppose him when they have nothing to offer that Trump's policies haven't already haven't covered?

Forum List

Back