Are You Proud of What You Do For Bread?

Even if the unemployment rate is realistically as high 15%, that still means 85% of us are doing something with our lives.....

Are you proud of what you do for shelter and bread?

I know... there are different kinds of pride. The pride I take right now in life is that of accomplishing a hard days work. The task I spend 40 hours of my life per week sweatin' over so that I have the time and resources to feed my habits is that of a modern clerk. Not much glamor... I help people with paperwork. I work for a huge organization, I'm busy as hell, and most of the time I feel like I really do help folks, so yeah, I'm proud of what I produce in America. You?

I was proud of my 20 years in the service, and I am so happy what I do know. I have a job where I am accountable for what I do, not 20 kids, not 20 kids problems, not 20 kids issues.

Its all about me now. Well, I do have two people under me, but not freaking 20!

I love what I do know.

I love my career! After several years of wondering what my "calling" was, I literally stumbled into it through totally unrelated job, and have been in the same industry since 1993.

I've been an industry advocate my entire 30 year career and currently serve as a director of public relations and education. It's an association funded by a voluntary assessment, similar to agriculture check-off programs.

Darn, I am out of bread. Housekeeper is sick....

What will I spread my strawberry jam on?
jessica-alba-quote-of-the-day-nude-10-12-2006.jpg

Honey's better, though...

I'm very proud of the work that I do. I love the feeling of knowing that when I sign off on a job that we do, a lot of people are going to use it for a very long time. And I am proud of the fact that I was able to find enough jobs to keep my crew employed through the disaster that was 2009. (no thanks to the evil twin chimps Bush & Obama)

"Pride" really depends on a highly personal set of criteria: e.g. isn't it as possible to be as proud of deliverying a baby in a squad car, as delivering a particularly large turd?

No I'm not proud of my work.

But then, I've never safely landed a plane on the Hudson River.

Last edited:
I make my own bread. It's more work, but it tastes better.

☭proletarian☭;2205726 said:

Anyone who says they want to drip honey all over you and then lick it off has never done it.

By the time anything interesting is gotten to, you're in a diabetic coma and she's asleep.​

You survive to your 50's, ya learn shit.

Even if the unemployment rate is realistically as high 15%, that still means 85% of us are doing something with our lives.....

Are you proud of what you do for shelter and bread?

I know... there are different kinds of pride. The pride I take right now in life is that of accomplishing a hard days work. The task I spend 40 hours of my life per week sweatin' over so that I have the time and resources to feed my habits is that of a modern clerk. Not much glamor... I help people with paperwork. I work for a huge organization, I'm busy as hell, and most of the time I feel like I really do help folks, so yeah, I'm proud of what I produce in America. You?

I have always been proud when I am putting forth an effort that helps accomplish my goals. I hope everyone feels the same in regards to their ambitions. It contributes to the happiness one achieves.

Anyone who says they want to drip honey all over you and then lick it off has never done it.

By the time anything interesting is gotten to, you're in a diabetic coma and she's asleep.​

Yep, learning to pick out the peanuts and corn can really be valuable.

You don't lick it off...

What did you think the saran wrap was for?

Forum List

Back