Are You Proud of What You Do For Bread?

There are times when I am not proud of what I do. I serve a purpose. A very important one. I strongly hold the belief that every citizen has the right to proper representation, but there are some cases that make me wonder if I am truly doing the right thing. In my short time in this profession, I have had the privilege of working both sides of the room and the view is the same either way. I can take a law and bend it to my advantage one way or the other. I ask myself if this is counter productive and if this is the way the framers intended the law to be used. I guess in the end, this is the very reason I love the law. It can be made to fit anyone. It isn't rigid and can shaped. I am sure that this exactly how the framers intended it to be. So yes, other than a few cases that give me pause. I am proud of what do, just not always proud of how I do it.

But overall, I am proud of my accomplishments.

No Dan, but I will say if you are not one you should be; you are one hell of a career counsellor.

Sounds more like you're a bartender at a brothel.

What I wouldn't give for that promotion, no it is far worse, I am a drunk in a government building.

Still, at least I am a drunk. Is there any other way to work in a government building?

On that note

Obama’s doctors recommend “moderation in alcohol intake”

Last edited by a moderator:
☭proletarian☭;2205989 said:
☭proletarian☭;2205726 said:
jessica-alba-quote-of-the-day-nude-10-12-2006.jpg

Honey's better, though...

Anyone who says they want to drip honey all over you and then lick it off has never done it.
By the time anything interesting is gotten to, you're in a diabetic coma and she's asleep.​
You survive to your 50's, ya learn shit.

You don't lick it off...

What did you think the saran wrap was for?

I'm waaaaaaayyyyyyy too old and set in my ways to start wrapping stuff in plastic during sex.

Just a guess here Joe, but I don't think you're going to get many replies from people saying they're not.

So why does the whine heard above the industrial din of people taking pride in their work seem so negative here in America?

Mostly, it's the Republicans who whine. Someone took their country and they want it back.

So, you get paid to be a partisan hack? Wow. You must be really proud of that.... not.

Personally, I'm not proud of what I do, I like what I do, and I like that it gives me the ability to help others. But proud, no. Grateful, yes.

I think there are very few professions where people should be proud of what they do: LEOs, Military, Firefighters, teachers... people that actually make a physical difference to the lives and security of others. The rest of us.... we're all just fluff.

Last edited:
... people that actually make a physical difference to the lives and security of others. The rest of us.... we're all just fluff.

Fluffers are just Fluff.

I'll tell you what CA, I'll give you a chance to make a physical difference and then you'll be proud of the job you've done: DEAL?

So why does the whine heard above the industrial din of people taking pride in their work seem so negative here in America?

Mostly, it's the Republicans who whine. Someone took their country and they want it back.

So, you get paid to be a partisan hack? Wow. You must be really proud of that.... not.

Personally, I'm not proud of what I do, I like what I do, and I like that it gives me the ability to help others. But proud, no. Grateful, yes.

I think there are very few professions where people should be proud of what they do: LEOs, Military, Firefighters, teachers... people that actually make a physical difference to the lives and security of others. The rest of us.... we're all just fluff.

You have my sympathy.

Why shouldn't every machine produced, every file updated and every floor swept be lovingly labeled: PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA?

If we aren't proud of our work, how are we to possibly compete on the world market?

Even if the unemployment rate is realistically as high 15%, that still means 85% of us are doing something with our lives.....

Are you proud of what you do for shelter and bread?

I know... there are different kinds of pride. The pride I take right now in life is that of accomplishing a hard days work. The task I spend 40 hours of my life per week sweatin' over so that I have the time and resources to feed my habits is that of a modern clerk. Not much glamor... I help people with paperwork. I work for a huge organization, I'm busy as hell, and most of the time I feel like I really do help folks, so yeah, I'm proud of what I produce in America. You?

I used to work for a huge corporation, handling corporate communications. At the end of one year, I looked back on what I had accomplished (in terms of what might be remembered and valued) and decided that I had accomplished nothing other than making a great salary.

So I quit. Now I make custom hardwood furniture. I'm much more proud of what I do now than what I used to do. I make about $150,000 a year less than I used to and that does worry me a bit, particularly with high-end furniture being the first thing people cut from their shopping list when the economy is in the crapper.

So, all in all I have mixed emotions. I get a great deal more satisfaction out of what I do now, but I'm financially less secure (although admittedly still much more secure than most people). Despite the finances thing, I consider myself richer than I was 2 years ago.

When I was growing up in Montana, I worked fields and ran cattle. I was proud of those jobs, because I could see my work making a difference on the land.

I joined the Navy at 18 and served for 20 years. I've been a Drug and Alcohol counselor and have been told by others that I made a positive difference in their lives.

After the Navy? I decided to balance myself out and go from being a 4.0 sailor to being a hippie that invents things (I've got patents), as well as writes and paints.

I've made a difference over the first 2, and I hope to make a difference some day with my writing, painting or inventions, as well as help out my community.

Yes. I'm proud of what I've done and what I do.

There are times when I am not proud of what I do. I serve a purpose. A very important one. I strongly hold the belief that every citizen has the right to proper representation, but there are some cases that make me wonder if I am truly doing the right thing. In my short time in this profession, I have had the privilege of working both sides of the room and the view is the same either way. I can take a law and bend it to my advantage one way or the other. I ask myself if this is counter productive and if this is the way the framers intended the law to be used. I guess in the end, this is the very reason I love the law. It can be made to fit anyone. It isn't rigid and can shaped. I am sure that this exactly how the framers intended it to be. So yes, other than a few cases that give me pause. I am proud of what do, just not always proud of how I do it.

You're a career criminal?

What makes you think criminal?:eusa_eh:

Damn well-spoken ambulance chasers. :tongue: :lol:

And awesome post. :thup:

Damn well-spoken ambulance chasers. :tongue: :lol:

And awesome post. :thup:

Ambulance chaser? I should neg you for that, but instead, I will laugh. All the way to the bank. :lol:

Just a guess here Joe, but I don't think you're going to get many replies from people saying they're not.

not true.....they are too busy getting richer......

Ambulance chaser? I should neg you for that, but instead, I will laugh. All the way to the bank. :lol:

If you want, feel free to take a shot in return at the fact I'm a college student. :lol:

And while you're at the bank, think you could pick me up a couple thousand? :lol:

If you want, feel free to take a shot in return at the fact I'm a college student. :lol:

And while you're at the bank, think you could pick me up a couple thousand? :lol:

I usually avoid making fun of college students as they are the ambulance chasers of tomorrow. :lol:

What makes you think criminal?:eusa_eh:

Good lord, forget it.

Before the major loss in manufacturing jobs I was an industrial machine technician. Troubleshooting and repair and an taking care of all sorts of repairs in a foundry.

Now I make 35% less money but I liken it to a move from one of those crab fishing boats to working on a cruise line! :lol:

I like the change and it never would have happened unless we had a manufacturing meltdown. Good for me I think and the money gets better every months.

Forum List

Back