Debate Now Are you pro-life, or pro-choice?

Discussion in 'Debate Now - Structured Discussion Forum' started by TemplarKormac, May 27, 2016.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,870
    Sounds like both you and that girl are really stupid people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Holos

Holos Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93
    "1) Are you pro-choice, or pro-life? Why?
    2) If after watching the second video you changed from pro-choice to pro-life, what changed your mind?
    3) If you are pro-choice even after watching the video, why?
    "

1) Pro-life. Plenty of choices to be made, plenty of ways to kill, but plenty of choices still remain if those choices that kill are restrained from doing so, including new choices, and also improved choices. All life requires maintenance, not all choices require maintenance (but all of them have consequences and repercussions), therefore life requires promotion and choices do not upon an educated perspective. With adequate instruction, life continues requiring promotion to sustain itself (at the personal, individual sphere, we name it reason, instinct, thought, impulse), but choices become invariably set as right or wrong examples (at the personal, individual sphere, these we name circumstances, situations, possibilities, conditions). Pro-choice, in its rudimentary, opposition form, without life already as established primary agent, conductor of choice, is a blank unknowing stasis. Only life makes choices, only life can make choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Devaje007

Devaje007 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hjj

4. Bruce_T_Laney

Bruce_T_Laney Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,032
    I am Pro-Choice just like I am Pro Second Amendment.

We as a society have choices in life and I am not going to deny a woman the right to abort her unwanted child.

People can argue it is murder and so on but in the end the woman has to make the choice and live with her choice and not me.

Also most females will seek out someone to help them abort the unwanted child like they did before it was legal, so there is no point going backward on this issue.

5. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,210
    I don't label myself as either of those two. I prefer to call myself "anti-abortion" which is short for "anti-legalized elective abortion."

Pro-choicers(sic) are actually not pro-choice at all - when they DENY the rights and ability for a child to ever make a choice of their own by killing them with an abortion. "Pro-lifers" tend to have the minset that all human lives are somehow "sacred" and that leads them to oppose capital punishment (usually for religious reasons) and I don't.

N/A

N/A

Any questions?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,635
    My choice is life, but I wouldn't want abortions to be illegal. I don't support late term abortions if the child would otherwise be viable and healthy, or if it's a health issue for the mother. I think many women agonize over the decision before they make either choice, and some women don't give it much consideration. The latter may live with guilt or regret, but they also may believe it was the right option for them. I do not respect women who have multiple abortions as a form of birth control, and believe they lack a real conscience.

7. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,210
    You are "pro-life" but you don't think a child's right to the equal protections of our laws should begin when their life does?

That seems like a contradiction to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,635
    I'm responsible for my choices, and whatever I might wish for in a perfect world, is not the reality. That genie is not going back in the bottle.

9. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,210

I can understand and even appreciate that on some level. That said, if I think my neighbor is doing anything to harm or violate a child. . . I am going to make it "my business" to interrupt that violation to the extent that I able to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,373
    Then let him take care of them in heaven. Or give them to parents trying to have them.

Your argument opens up a whole other list of question. Is there a God? Does he get involved?

What about all the poor women raising kids alone in poor neighborhoods? A woman wrote a book about how she aborted, went off to college and got herself out of poverty. Then she went back and saw all the women who didn't. And their poor kids will one day make the same mistake.

Our society would be so much better off if these poor women stopped having babies they can't afford or raise. Abortion is both a necessary evil and greater good