Are you partisan?

Are you partisan?

• Total voters
I'm partisan to my ideas and the people who support them which is pretty rare but between the two major parties, no I'm not, I detest both of em.

I voted "I am partisan occasionally or on very few issues."

Feedback on me? Is that how I seem in my posting style?

I voted the same as xotoxi. I don't actually belong to a party, but I do lean left and fall in with partisan ideological views on issues sometimes.

I'm not partisan at all because I'm not a member of a political party. I am, however, very biased towards my own views, as is everybody.

I'm partisan to my ideas and the people who support them which is pretty rare but between the two major parties, no I'm not, I detest both of em.
^^^ a true example of what i'm talking about
you do not have to be a member of a political party to be p[artisan

I am very partisan on nearly all issues.

As I believe most all of us are, except for the fully whacked out Extreme left and right.

You all know who you are......

Be honest with yourselves.

I suppose the distinction that I make is that partisan implies that one is biased towards a political party, whereas I am simply biased towards my own views and don't care which party falls in line with those views.

I suppose the distinction that I make is that partisan implies that one is biased towards a political party, whereas I am simply biased towards my own views and don't care which party falls in line with those views.
correct
you are very partisan to those beliefs
and there is nothing wrong with that
but the way the question is worded it makes it seem like he is asking for those that are partisan to only a party

See the public poll, vote, and if you are wrong, we will call you out.
define your usage of "partisan"?
because some dont seem to understand exactly what can make someone a partisan

Good point...maybe it was the wrong word to use.

Essentially, I would consider blindly partisan people to be teapartysamurai, sinatra, KMAN, KWO, rdean, truthmatters, etc.

And then people fall in line from there.

I'm taking partisan to mean you suffer from a terminal case of confirmation bias--will happily ignore facts and data if it doesn't gel with your preformed conclusions--and are demeaning to anybody you identify as of a different persuasion even if that person has been respectful to you.

I know of a few people who'd fit perfectly on that list. I'm partisan on a few occasions, mainly civil rights issues. Economics is all about numbers, so it's easy to be dispassionate about that stuff. When it comes to how other human beings are treated, that's where I get vocal and crass with my partisanship.

There's plenty of shit to make fun of and critisize on both sides. Neither deserves a monopoly.
I'm socially liberal on some issues (ie. gay and reproductive rights) and conservative on other social issues (ie. gun ownership and property rights). Fiscally, I find the debt and deficit spending disgusting (both parties have blood on their hands as far as I'm concerened). I believe in evolution, the big bang etc. etc. but one thing I think science will never answer is the source of existence itself, thus giving me faith in the existence of God. But I do not subscribe to religous dogma. ...blah, blah, blah.

In short, I'm just a fucking mut who likes to drink. :)

Forum List

Back