Are you educated through the public education system? Just a simple answer (YES) or (NO).

Were you educated through the public education system and feel they did a good job?

• Yes, 1 + 1 is 3 because it just feels right and the teachers didnt correct me.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, 1 + 1 is 2 because it is right, and i had to learn it the right way.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
What good are Dickens and Dante?....

They are good for examining concepts, values, questions, and the human condition in ways that connect individuals, cultures, and peoples over the span of human history. They are good for producing thoughtful, reflective people who understand and appreciate western culture.

Yes, but I was educated in the public schools before they were destroyed by liberalism.

For example we were required to study the Constitution, American History, learn cursive, and even have a test on the Bill of Rights.

Further the 10 commandments was in every class room, and we started our class day with prayer.

Compare that to what kids learn today.

Man, you sure are old to be on a computer!

Yes, but I was educated in the public schools before they were destroyed by liberalism.

For example we were required to study the Constitution, American History, learn cursive, and even have a test on the Bill of Rights.

Further the 10 commandments was in every class room, and we started our class day with prayer.

Compare that to what kids learn today.

Man, you sure are old to be on a computer!

I started with an abacus

Public schools are the great equalizer in our society

That is why conservatives hate them

What good are Dickens and Dante?....

They are good for examining concepts, values, questions, and the human condition in ways that connect individuals, cultures, and peoples over the span of human history. They are good for producing thoughtful, reflective people who understand and appreciate western culture.

Yes. I learnt to understand and appreciate western culture. It connects people. The more people they shoot, the more connected they feel.

Ms. DeVos will at least try to fix the problem whereas her predecessors only made it worse. Common Core? Wtf?

She doesn't even know hat the problems are. Anyone can run down our public school system, but it takes more than the ability to donate millions to Trump to be able to figure out how to fix it. She has no experience in public education. She doesn't even know where to start.

Very interesting statement. So are public schools not the indoctrination machines that we all thought they were?
Actually they teach independent thought

Another thing conservatives fear

I'm afraid they don't. Most public schools are liberal progressive leftists institutions. They don't teach independent thought or any thought at all, but they want you to stop thinking and they force you to mindlessly buy into the ideology that they push. Usually this ideology is semi communistic, and labels various groups of people undesirable, ultimately licensing self righteous robbery.

Public school K through 12 and a Bachelors from a State University.

Did very well in life. Thank you very much taxpayers.

Very interesting statement. So are public schools not the indoctrination machines that we all thought they were?

I'm afraid they don't. Most public schools are liberal progressive leftists institutions. They don't teach independent thought or any thought at all, but they want you to stop thinking and they force you to mindlessly buy into the ideology that they push. Usually this ideology is semi communistic, and labels various groups of people undesirable, ultimately licensing self righteous robbery.
It is conservatives who restrict free thinking

It is conservatives who restrict free thinking

Okay then here is a piece of free thinking, straight out of a public school. If you don't speak the language of my government and don't hand over your assets to me, then you are a ... and I am only right to put you away.

.... Most public schools are liberal progressive leftists institutions. They don't teach independent thought or any thought at all.......

Nonsense.

Spell nonsense backwards.

Can't support any of your empty, hysterical claims?

It is difficult to sell any subject. Teachers must be good salesmen. Then on top of this, teachers also must imprint the logic of their subjects on students. This may be all clear and clean if the subject is natural sciences for example. But what if the subject is soft, like say history or literature. In that case, for example, how do you sell the logic of your existence?

For example let's take Fahrenheit since this year's February is unusually hot at 50++ F. If you are a Polish school teacher, the Polish nation will give you no choice but to teach that Fahrenheit was German and his city to establish the thermostat reading was German Danzig, but it is really Polish and not German, because we Poles have a duty to kill off Nazis like him and rename his city to Gdansk. Bravo. Congratulation for the free thinking.

Forum List

Back