Are you educated through the public education system? Just a simple answer (YES) or (NO).

Were you educated through the public education system and feel they did a good job?

• Yes, 1 + 1 is 3 because it just feels right and the teachers didnt correct me.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, 1 + 1 is 2 because it is right, and i had to learn it the right way.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Some years in public schools and some years at a private Catholic school. Which, of course, is why I post so many Bible quotes. Today's Republicans either haven't read the Bible or willingly follow Satan.

No.

I was forced to attend a government institution for 12 years, but got nothing resembling an education.
That's your fault, isn't it? Certainly there were students in your classes who learned and became successful
Nobody said anything about being successful. The topic is whether one got an education.

I have been successful despite government indoctrination day camps, not because of them.

No.

I was forced to attend a government institution for 12 years, but got nothing resembling an education.
That's your fault, isn't it? Certainly there were students in your classes who learned and became successful
Nobody said anything about being successful. The topic is whether one got an education.

I have been successful despite government indoctrination day camps, not because of them.
That's the kids and parents fault. The poorer the community the poorer the results. No coincidence

That's the kids and parents fault. The poorer the community the poorer the results. No coincidence
We've been told innumerable times that if the children are turned over to the government institutions for their "education", it will be best for them and all of society.

Now you fucking dicks want to shift the blame for your failure to meet your lofty promises?

Stuff it where the sun don''t shine.

Good conspiracy theory. We are talking real life.
I gave the answers, got the grades, got a shit education. No conspiracy, just the nature of the poor products and high costs associated with monopolies. Something else I had to learn outside of your sacred government institutions of "learning".

We've been told innumerable times that if the children are turned over to the government institutions for their "education", it will be best for them and all of society.

Now you fucking dicks want to shift the blame for your failure to meet your lofty promises?

Stuff it where the sun don''t shine.
What are you suggesting people should be free not to send their kids to school? I'm open to that. Throw out the bad students

Good conspiracy theory. We are talking real life.
I gave the answers, got the grades, got a shit education. No conspiracy, just the nature of the poor products and high costs associated with monopolies. Something else I had to learn outside of your sacred government institutions of "learning".
You aren't lying. Colleges still teach the same way they did 100 years ago.

What are you suggesting people should be free not to send their kids to school? I'm open to that. Throw out the bad students
Absolutely.

If your "education" is all that, people would be beating the doors down to get in. But they're not, so you have to force them into those dreary day camps of ignorance.

Absolutely.

If your "education" is all that, people would be beating the doors down to get in. But they're not, so you have to force them into those dreary day camps of ignorance.
They have to separate the average students from the above. I wasn't above still I turned out OK.

My brother has 2 kids. Ones a student one isn't. Still they both try. My brother demands it.

Hardy....it is Conservatives who want to tear down our public school educatoion. Conservatives who oppose funding higher education. conservatives cutting school budgets around the country

Disingenuous on every point, and you know it.

Show me anywhere in the country where conservatives tried to raise the education budget and liberals opposed them

Typical liberal, can't see outside the blinders. Just throwing more money has NEVER been the solution to educational issues.
Money buys computers, books, smaller class sizes, better teachers
No school gets better with less funding

Now...show where conservatives have ever recommended more funding and been opposed by liberals

:lol: You literally cannot bring yourself to frame the issue in any other way than throwing more tax dollars at a problem! You cannot override your programming! :lol:
Wrong

Disingenuous on every point, and you know it.

Show me anywhere in the country where conservatives tried to raise the education budget and liberals opposed them

Typical liberal, can't see outside the blinders. Just throwing more money has NEVER been the solution to educational issues.

Now...show where conservatives have ever recommended more funding and been opposed by liberals

:lol: You literally cannot bring yourself to frame the issue in any other way than throwing more tax dollars at a problem! You cannot override your programming! :lol:
Wrong

All evidence to the contrary.

Wrong

All evidence to the contrary.

Fail

1. No

2. No

I went to public school in the Bronx when we read Dickens and Dante.
What good are Dickens and Dante?

I was interested in sci/tech stuff and the idiot nuns could not teach math worth a damn. They gave us algebra books and did not use them. I used my older sister's trigonometry book to teach myself.

When you don't know anything it is hard to figure out what to learn much less find a good book. If we just created a good National Recommended Reading List there is no telling what impact it would have.

A 32 gigabyte USB stick could hold 30,000 books. We don't need all that paper, just well made reliable tablets.

Calculus Made Easy, (1914) by Silvanus Thompson
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/33283/33283-pdf.pdf

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics (2006) by Stan Gibilisco
teach yourself electricity and electronics

EveryCircuit by Igor Vytyaz
EveryCircuit - Android Apps on Google Play

psik

And there it is again! For the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time!

Forum List

Back