Are you educated through the public education system? Just a simple answer (YES) or (NO).

Were you educated through the public education system and feel they did a good job?

• Yes, 1 + 1 is 3 because it just feels right and the teachers didnt correct me.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, 1 + 1 is 2 because it is right, and i had to learn it the right way.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
the deliberate dumbing down of america

Anti-Intellectualism and the "Dumbing Down" of America
There is a growing and disturbing trend of anti-intellectual elitism in American culture. It’s the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
Are you proud of your education, or did you seek more.

Betsy Devos is not going to help those problems. Is that what you are getting at. She plans to expand the Kingdom of God in the US , and is for charter schools and even for profit schools. Talk about the dumbing down of students.

Yes, but I was educated in the public schools before they were destroyed by liberalism.

For example we were required to study the Constitution, American History, learn cursive, and even have a test on the Bill of Rights.

Further the 10 commandments was in every class room, and we started our class day with prayer.

Compare that to what kids learn today.

The Dumbing down of America.

When I went to school we have prayer, 10 commandments and kids could read, WELL, by the first grade.

Compare that to the ignorants that come out now that think Global Warming is science.

You butthurt liberals are just upset, kids will get real educations like they used to.

Yes.

I went to public school in the Bronx when we read Dickens and Dante.

The only purpose served by today's Public schools is to manufacture the latest generation of uneducated, uninformed, unemployable, government dependent Democrat voter. And at that they've been a phenomenal success

I attended public schools from K to graduate school. I have also taken Jr. College Classes at Public Colleges over the years unrelated to my undergraduate major or graduate degree, for example on Real Estate, Tai Chi, Management and Budget and Public Speaking.

At 13 I completed Confirmation in the Catholic Faith.

I remember taking the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in Elementary School, and even the day these two words were added, "Under God"; the first effort of an on going effort to indoctrinate and brainwash.

I learned of the 10 Commandments in Catechism, not in a public school which would be improper, IMO. Values, proper behavior, keeping one's hand off of others, respect for others and their opinions (something teapartysemurai apparently did get) were enforced and usually without making the offender feel that they were a bad person or might go to hell for their action or inaction.

Did anyone ask if that was apples or oranges before they answered? We need to separate those folks out.

When I went to school we have prayer, 10 commandments and kids could read, WELL, by the first grade.

Compare that to the ignorants that come out now that think Global Warming is science.

You butthurt liberals are just upset, kids will get real educations like they used to.
Isn't it amazing that the 10 commandments cause children to be able to read.

Isn't it amazing that the 10 commandments cause children to be able to read.[/QUOTE]

Well you DO have to read them in order to memorize them. ;)

Ms. DeVos will at least try to fix the problem whereas her predecessors only made it worse. Common Core? Wtf?

Please explain what you believe common core to be. WTF is not an answer, at least those for those proficient in the English Language Arts.

Since you are known to be functionally illiterate, I'll try to explain in as simple terms as I can. The last part of the above post could be said another way: OMG Common Core? Are you kidding me? It's an example of how stupid Ms. DeVos' predecessors were.

You are far from proficient in anything, let alone the language arts.

Ms. DeVos will at least try to fix the problem whereas her predecessors only made it worse. Common Core? Wtf?

Please explain what you believe common core to be. WTF is not an answer, at least those for those proficient in the English Language Arts.

Since you are known to be functionally illiterate, I'll try to explain in as simple terms as I can. The last part of the above post could be said another way: OMG Common Core? Are you kidding me? It's an example of how stupid Ms. DeVos' predecessors were.

You are far from proficient in anything, let alone the language arts.

Ad Hominem Alert ^^^

BTW, common core is an educational initiative in the United States that details what K–12 students should know in English language arts and mathematics at the end of each grade.

It was once labeled "back to basics" before being politicized by the Right Wing.

Tell us what Common Core is.

Go fuck yourself. We both know what it is.

Predfan has no clue what common core is, he beleives only what he has been told to believe by RW radio and tv talking heads. But that's only one thing of many he fails to comprehend.

the deliberate dumbing down of america

Anti-Intellectualism and the "Dumbing Down" of America
There is a growing and disturbing trend of anti-intellectual elitism in American culture. It’s the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
Are you proud of your education, or did you seek more.
Public ed all the way, including my Bachelor Degree, and I am pretty damned smart, imo. They taught me how to read so I could learn some more, and how to question what I hear. We're not dumbing down education. It's a problem of trying to educate everyone to the same level. Can't be done. But America has always had an anti-intellectual bent. None of that European gobble-dee-gook for us. Almost sounds like you, as a matter of fact.

Jesus. How old ARE you?

Forum List

Back